• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

steel wheels

64savoyguy

Local time
9:58 AM
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if there is a vendor or manufacturer of steel wheels for these early B bodies. I have called a few people with no luck as of yet. Dont wanna buy the torque thrust wheels if i dont have too. Love the steelies! Also i would love to post some pics of my car but not sure how to do so from my smart phone. Is it something u have to do from your home computer?? Any help is appreciated andthanks to all who have answered questions on my previous posts.

Steel wheels are not hard to find.

Oh, that helped a lot. Stockton Wheel will make you anything you want. Early, late, ANY style wheel you want. ANY width you want. ANY backspace you want. ANY offset you want.

And not to hijack but will the large dog dish from my 14" steelies go right on to 15" wheels? Stock 65 belvedere stuff. Thanks guys. I love the body colored wheels!!

Yes. As long as the dog dishes are the 9" style, and the wheels have the 9" male hubcap ring, they will fit. So far, I've never seen dog dishes that would not swap from 41s to 15s. Some 13s are even the same.

And not to hijack but will the large dog dish from my 14" steelies go right on to 15" wheels? Stock 65 belvedere stuff. Thanks guys. I love the body colored wheels!!

Later style rims used the smaller (9") dog dish hub caps so your original large (10") dog dish will not work. Your best bet would be to go to Stockton Wheels and get exactly what you want.

nobody re-pops the center for the 9 3/4" cap. the 15" version isn't easy to find and are sometimes pricey when found. the wheel vintique centers are for 8 3/4" caps and are salvaged from old wheels and welded to new rims. i'm pretty sure a 14" center from a mopar wheel cannot be welded to a 15" rim.

i'm pretty sure a 14" center from a mopar wheel cannot be welded to a 15" rim.

Nobody better tell that to Stockton Wheel. They been doin it near bout 100 years. Look yall, I caint be any more clear. Want somethin in the wheel world? Call Stockton Wheel. CALL STOCKTON WHEEL. They can do anything.

stockton is great if you have the $$ to spend.wheel vintiques is less $$ and good quality.easy to find through summit racing.

If you are not looking for some odd ball spacing or rim width the 15X7 Diplomat/Grand Fury or 5TH Avenue steel with 4 1/4" back spacing wheel will fit most needs and it can be modified to take the early 10" hub caps. .

At spring fling that question was asked of Stockton,Their reply was the early 14'' wheel center is a odd size and cannot be re hooped to 15''.They continued to say that some early 15'' Chrysler wheels can be found with the 9 3/4 center but are few. Some guys say early Ford E van 15'' wheels can be found and used but can't conferm this. Now this was a few years ago and it is possible that they are reproducing a complete new wheel now. ?Don't know for sure.

Nobody better tell that to Stockton Wheel. They been doin it near bout 100 years. Look yall, I caint be any more clear. Want somethin in the wheel world? Call Stockton Wheel. CALL STOCKTON WHEEL. They can do anything.
i tried to get stockton to do it and they specifically told me NO!

My solution was to buy a set of 15x8 Wheel Vintiques wheels from Summit (dirt cheap) and epoxy the later model hubcaps inside of earlier ones. Works like a charm and looks legit.

I second the mopardude! I just got a set of 15 by 10s made and they are super nice!! brad was very easy to talk with and answered any and all questions and always returned my calls.he dont mass produce wheels and keeps the quality a high priority.cant say enough good about these guy's!

Try classic chambered, they have a ton of NOS wheels. Also, if you find the newer steelies, someone is selling a ring that mounts to the smaller center hub and allows the use of the 10" doggies.

Auto Transport Service
Back