T-56 Magnum 6 Speed Conversion in my 1974 Roadrunner

1971 - 1974 Mopars

1. 74Beeper

74Beeper Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:55 PM
    I finally pulled the trigger on a T-56 Magnum 6 speed from Silver Sport Transmission for My 74 Roadrunner. I'm so tired of destroying TKO 600's (on my 3rd) and really have no other choice considering the power and weight of my car.

Anyone install one of these 6speed "kits" from Silver Sport? I know what the installation instructions say but i'm sure there are a lot of hidden issues that come up during the process that the instruction do not cover.

2. sdconcepts

sdconcepts FBBO Gold Member FBBO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:55 PM
    awesome, i'm curious how that's going to work with the isolated k member and the isolated torsion bar mount as well. how did the TKO 600 fit in there? do you have pics of the install of the 600? really curiuos how the t56 will go in. what did the kit run you?

3. 74Beeper

74Beeper Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    3:55 PM
    The TKO went in pretty easy after the tunnel was modified..... The jury is still out on the T-56. I ordered it this morning and will start cutting right after Mopars In The Park. Here are a couple pics of my car with the TKO 600 installed..... I'm not a fan of this transmissions performance. Might be good for a mild car but not for anything with some real power. Plymouth_Roadrunner_74_000_4223.JPG Plymouth_Roadrunner_74_000_3775.JPG
    Crossmember.JPG Underside.jpg IMG_4197.PNG

• Like Like x 1
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.