• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Throwing in the towel

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:32 AM
Reaction score
Yup, I have decided to part ways with my mopar. I know sacralidge..right ? I did what I set out to do...take it from a rolling parts bin and going through it and making it run and drive. I couldn't have done it without Don Frelier and FBBO. 4.5 years later, I have lost the drive/motivation to continue. I do intend to hang out here still, if that is ok.

Last edited:
Toolmanmike doesnt want me to say lest this become a for sale thread in the wrong forum. I will respect the mods decision.

Last edited:
Yup, I have decided to part ways with my mopar. I know sacralidge..right ? I did what I set out to do...take it from a rolling parts bin and going through it and making it run and drive. I couldn't have done it without Don Frelier and FBBO. 4.5 years later, I have lost the drive/motivation to continue. That means it is time to pass it along to someone in whom the fire still burns.
It still needs work. The paint is just to seal it up so it didnt rust. Tons of spare and extra parts. Everything goes including extra bucket seats (2 sets), front and rear spoilers, dash pad, center console, etc.

Anyway, I dont want to put a for sale ad in the General Forum. Message me for more information. I only mentioned it here because I would rather the regular FBBO members knew about it first.
Please have respect for the site and the rules and start a sale thread. If not, this thread will be deleted. Thanks

Yup, I have decided to part ways with my mopar. I know sacralidge..right ? I did what I set out to do...take it from a rolling parts bin and going through it and making it run and drive. I couldn't have done it without Don Frelier and FBBO. 4.5 years later, I have lost the drive/motivation to continue. I do intend to hang out here still, if that is ok.
Please do. It's still a great community even if you don't have a car. You never know, the right car might surface and you will buy another. I am at the age where a nice complete driver is in my wheelhouse. I used to enjoy fixing them. Driving and enjoying them is more my bag. Cheers.

I have really enjoyed this forum much ! The folks here wre the most supportive and helpful people I have ever had the pleasure of dealing with ! I really, really like it here...so, even without a mopar...I would like to remain a part of the community. I have met a handful of the members, and was warmly accepted. I like it here.

The knowledge you have acquired over the build of this car may be helpful to someone else. Hang around and help some of the others.

Ive lost my ambitions a few times. But if my cars were paid for and money was not a issue. I just put them away for sometime in the future.

ya just never know.

Skytrooper so sorry to hear that but I do hope you hang around. Screw the rules what can they do. :lol:

Screw the rules what can they do. :lol:
I'm watching you. :poke: :D

Don't leave @Skytrooper ....I don't even know you, but I enjoy your postings. Selling the car doesn't mean you have to leave. Crikey...I sold my B-Body 4 years ago now, and I'm still here....probably enjoying things more than ever. :)

You've met a few decent guys here in person.....maybe hang out with them at a car show or two over the summer months. :thumbsup:

I'm watching you. :poke: :D

Don't leave @Skytrooper ....I don't even know you, but I enjoy your postings. Selling the car doesn't mean you have to leave. Crikey...I sold my B-Body 4 years ago now, and I'm still here....probably enjoying things more than ever. :)

You've met a few decent guys here in person.....maybe hang out with them at a car show or two over the summer months. :thumbsup:
6acca0742fb2f67206de63ed9d94f62a.jpg

Very, very sorry to hear that Matt....
DonandMattbuilding.jpg

When I needed help you and Don were there, you both have helped me to finally see my dream come true.

Last edited:
Skytrooper.....
If it were me....
Leave what you have sit in a storage shed
somewhere. You've probably got a lot of $
invested and we all know you'll never get out
out of it what you put in. Who knows?
That ol' spark my come to life again.
I offer these words of encouragement out
of respect and fully understand the feelings
to just cut it all loose. 4.5 years is nothing
compared to the 26 years I have invested
in mine (still ain't done-but close). Mine's been
hauled (along with all the loose parts), to 4
different states. I'll see it done, as should you
with yours. You'll miss 'er when she's gone.
20200804_200918.jpg

Your always welcome to come hold the light for me.
The pay isn't good but it's always a rewarding experience.
I'm always glad to help.

Auto Transport Service
Back