• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to hit the Track.

Checking in who's all racing thiss week end.

I'll be at 131 Motorsports Park for the GLSSA race. Since I have to run 9.25 index next weekend at Monster Mopar I may just start there this weekend as well. Predicted 96 degrees for Saturday.
Doug

I'll be at 131 Motorsports Park for the GLSSA race. Since I have to run 9.25 index next weekend at Monster Mopar I may just start there this weekend as well. Predicted 96 degrees for Saturday.
Doug
Good luck will be on the lazy boy waiting for results

----
Howdy Bearman.
The next scheduled meet for me is July 26 / 27th. Will be a 3-week spread since the last time out for me. But the time is being put to good use. I've been able to refinish the garage foor. I had a dumbass moment though and burnt the **** out of my right hand with pure lye crystals. Skin doesn't grow back as fast as it used to I'm finding. Friends are saying this is a good reason to upgrade to an air shifter!
Malex, be careful with that stuff but I agree maybe a good time for up grade. Good luck waiting for results. Hope the hand gets better fast.

Malex, be careful with that stuff but I agree maybe a good time for up grade. Good luck waiting for results. Hope the hand gets better fast.
---
I've used Lye crystals lots for stripping anodizing off of parts over the years. I was using it this time to wash the garage floor prior to paint. Just got laxed, forgot about mixing procedures. Had my hand under the cold water within seconds thank goodness. Guys, don't be a dumbass like me, it hurts.

IMG_6203.JPG

Dang man that stings. Take care of that hand.
Now I have the upper hand at the track. :D

Dang man that stings. Take care of that hand.
Now I have the upper hand at the track. :D
----
Hahaha, may be all I needed to straighten out my reaction times on the T brake button..

that's a burn type wound get some of that cream that has silver in it. get some ssd or silver sulfadiazine cream. its good for that type of burn.

that's a burn type wound get some of that cream that has silver in it. get some ssd or silver sulfadiazine cream. its good for that type of burn.
---
Yep, that's what I'm using on it and it's coming along good. Won't look the purtiest but cosmetics is over rated anyhow.

Seriously, you're going to race in 96 degree heat?

Doug

OUCH..... that sucks Malex! Take good care of that!
Last winter when I was laying the laminate countertop in my shop, I got my thumb into the router..... yuk!

5A122EF6-680B-455F-B878-F24B4E48639F.jpeg

lemon wedge your lucky you didn't chew that thumb off

Seriously, you're going to race in 96 degree heat?
You bet. Its only a 2 layer driving suit. How bad can it be. Besides I'm a spry 64 years young. I ran a few years ago at Mountain Park in Kentucky, 100 degrees.
Doug

You bet. Its only a 2 layer driving suit. How bad can it be. Besides I'm a spry 64 years young. I ran a few years ago at Mountain Park in Kentucky, 100 degrees.
Doug

Eh, I’m sure it’ll be a “dry heat” . Go get em, Doug!

Doug
I dont envy you , the heat . Wish we had more racing here in winter , been 3 weeks another 3 weeks till next t&t
Not too unusual here . Have raced in up to 45degC . Plain hard work . Race suit just makes it harder . And gets humid here , had 120grains a few times
Cool towel and shade
Good luck

Tex

No racing for a week yet and as one could expect, the weather man is already predicting 60 & 70% chance of rain over the 2 days. It figures..
In the meantime I've made some mods to my trans brake button to eliminate the bounce that I was experiencing. Check it out.

I replaced the aluminum washer on the rear with a thin modified steel one. Then I attached a small magnet to the switch body. Now when the button pops out, it sticks...
What was happening was that the button would bounce once reaching the end of it's travel and it would effect reaction time. Depending how I let go of the button would change the amount of bounce too.
58516897846__EC1E1AF0-3534-4AD5-AAA3-D4332996F2EA.JPG

I was telling a fellow racer that it seemed like my trans brake was not releasing properly sometimes. He recalled hearing about a button problem once, I checked mine and sure enough. When using a lighter spring supplied in the kit this can happen.

Also raised the rear ride height an inch, readjusted pinion angle, will see if there's any change in 60'. Rear tires now can come off without unbolting the shocks too.
IMG_1112.jpg

Another week to wait... 58516897846__EC1E1AF0-3534-4AD5-AAA3-D4332996F2EA.JPG

malex, is that a 64 polara on the wall of your shop.

malex, is that a 64 polara on the wall of your shop.
---
Yes that was one of the ones I had. I did a rotisserie resto on it in 1993. Like a dumbass, I sold it in 1997.

IMG_2162.JPG

please tell me the color is dark turquoise tell me more please. you have my dream on your wall

what a sweet ride. white

Auto Transport Service
Back