• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Viruses on moparts**warning***

Same here,if that were the case it would be all over Mopart's.

Are you part of the group that thinks the world is still flat !:brainfart::drowning:

Would you like to buy some Ocean front property in Arrizona:yes_no:

Get over it and accept the fact that moparts has a virus problem.
Sheesh!:HappyNewYear:

REVHENDO, why the hard on all the time?? whats your beef?

I've no clue as to what you mean by that.

I am simply and calmly stating that you have given a valid warning about a site you have clearly stated you hate over the years. You have to be honest and admit it sounds suspect. Post the warning and leave it at that. In light of the recent issues you and your "friends" have been having here, wouldn't it seem prudent to lock up the thread before the whole "Duck Season! Rabbit Season!" posts get out of hand?

You've posted the warning, thank you for that. If you are really troubled by it further, PM the site owner over THERE.

Unless, of course, you have other motives.

ron383man, i think you owe me an apology,:icon_rolleyes:
I guess we are all making it up now.Every picture tells a story!!

If I am wrong then yes I do apoligize but I still have never got any virus or a virus warning on Moparts. I just figured you were joking around as I know you dont care for some who post over there. But thats not my bussiness. I usually go to Moparts and here most days.
And I do apoligize if I ofended you as thats not what I ment to do. Ron

Next time take the time to read the quote it was for 383 man not you I called him out on his BS thinking you were just trying to start some stuff about moparts !:sign12::sign12:

Well I still have never got any virus from Moparts and I was just over there so I am not bull shiting. If you say you get a virus then thats your problem. Ron

Well I still have never got any virus from Moparts and I was just over there so I am not bull shiting. If you say you get a virus then thats your problem. Ron

Ron,most of the guys that end up with a virus know where they get them if they would admit it.I am on Mopart's at least twice a day,"never" had a problem,in fact since I bought my first computer in 99 I have never had a virus issue.All you need is a good antivirus program and watch where you go.

Ron,most of the guys that end up with a virus know where they get them if they would admit it.I am on Mopart's at least twice a day,"never" had a problem,in fact since I bought my first computer in 99 I have never had a virus issue.All you need is a good antivirus program and watch where you go.

Your Exactly right I know where I got my compueter virus from and ill admit it, I got it at Moparts.
I do not go to Moparts anymore and will not until it gets fixed as soon as it does Ill be back I really like Moparts and have no reason to bash it but it seems you do not want to belive the posts here that is your choice you can also belive there is a 383 hemi if you want,dosent matter to me.
This thread was started to give people a fair warning about the virus problem and few people here decided to make personal attacks instead.
That being said maybe I do need a better virus protection I have webroot and it never detected the virus or stopped it.

Your Exactly right I know where I got my compueter virus from and ill admit it, I got it at Moparts.
I do not go to Moparts anymore and will not until it gets fixed as soon as it does Ill be back I really like Moparts and have no reason to bash it but it seems you do not want to belive the posts here that is your choice you can also belive there is a 383 hemi if you want,dosent matter to me.
This thread was started to give people a fair warning about the virus problem and few people here decided to make personal attacks instead.
That being said maybe I do need a better virus protection I have webroot and it never detected the virus or stopped it.

I have up to date AVG protection and was getting them everytime I went there.
I fixed my computer and will no longer visit Moparts.

turned on my computer and just got attacked by 4 trojans viruses bam,bam,bam.bam from Moparts.
I wont go back, it took me 15 minutes to put them in the vault.Plus Moparts is boring as hell anyway.

I`m another lucky one getting viruses from Moparts. I have a laptop and desktop and both were infected from MOPARTS. My antivirus and malware programs are up to date. This has happened repeatly over the last two weeks. No more MOPARTS for me until Tom finds and corrects the problem. Maybe the income from google has caused Tom to ignore the issue?

Guys like stated the virus are in the google ads. We had an issue with this on fabo, same deal. People would sign on and get hit then run to Moparts to tell the world. Then it started happening there also and all the threads about it mysteriously disappeared.

I'm not clicking on any google ads. as soon as i click on a thread the trojan virus pops up and sometimes 3 or 4 at the same time.

unfortunately you dont have to click on the adds to get hit. Theres a big thread on fabo about it from last time that explains it. Ill see if I can find it.

Here is what I can tell you from my experience...

Users get "Alerts" from antivirus programs.

Now there is what is called "FALSE POSTIVES" where there is something that is suspicious, but not really harmful. Yet the anti virus alerts anyway. Kind of a better safe then sorry kinda thing... You can read more about that here. This happens ALOT. (BTW, AVG can be one of the worst)

Although rare, it can happen that adsense ads have a virus attached. However, Google is pretty good about weeding those out very quickly. In this case, there IS an adsense virus going around. SO it might be just that. Tell the guy at Moparts to Disable third party ads in his adsense account.

Viruses are a part of the internet. If you have a decent malware scanner and a decent virus scanner, and both are up to date, your pretty safe. Its also a good idea to have the latest version of your browser, and tomake sure you have the lastest version of Flash and Java.

I recommend Norton 360 Antivirus and Malwarebytes. Its what I use, and I likely surf the internet more then any of you. I cant remember the last virus that did any damage to my system.

WARNING: If you dont want to be bothered paying for a decent anti virus scanner, then its your own fault when you catch a virus. Its like leaving your keys in the car and blaming the car manufacturer when it gets stolen.

I Found working on other peoples computers that they have a fire wall and it can block different things, ANY anti virus has to have access to EVERY port and program on your computer, bar none, It would be kin to hiring a security team to watch 5 acre's of ground and telling them to stay away from the building in the corner, which way in will the crooks come? Im not saying which ones the best but since 2005 ive had NOD 32 and haven't got a virus since, its updated every day and if people don't keep it updated, like Joey said, your asking for problems. For everything the anti virus does, theres people out there that is searching new ways to fool them.. I wouldn't program my firewall to deny my anti virus to anything.. Just a couple things ive found out. opinion is all, I wonder how many reading is heading to moparts to see if they can get a virus warning...LOL

I was not making a personal attack on Chris (SSR) as I have met him and he was very nice to me. I just thought he was joking around since I have not got any virus from Moparts myself. And I know Chris and some Moparts members dont see eye to eye so that why I figured he was messing around. I just came from Moparts with no problem as always and thats why I did not believe Chris and figured he was having fun. No big deal and not worth getting ticked off over it as I did apoligize to Chris if I offended him. Ron

I just thought he was joking around since I have not got any virus from Moparts myself.

Viruses can be specific to many things and only triggered if certain things are present. For example, maybe a virus is programmed to only activate if you ahve flash ver 10.11a installed. If you have 10.11b then you dont see anything. Could be your version of Internet Explorer, Windows, or a variety of other things. Thats why 1 member will see it and another member wont.

Again -- Keep EVERYTHING updated. Antivirus, Anti Malware, Browser, Operating system -- everything.

virus

I was on moparts everyday,all day ,for the last 9 days and got it twice. I am not going back till I hear its fixed.It took my wife 4 hrs to fix it last time.I DONT KNOW **** ABOUT COMPUTERS. I do know she was not happy having to fix it...

Add me to the list. I got a message that the the site was unsafe and windows blocked it. I thought it was just something i did. then happened again . Both times on Moparts.

Was told tonight to see this post about it. So far no damage I can tell. Hackers can plant stuff pretty deep so I am sure site owner was not aware.

I blocked the adds from my computer and so far so good.The virus alerts have stopped the last dozen or so times I went on Moparts.
Gus:eek:ccasion14:

Auto Transport Service
Back