• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Went to the dark side boys

3sloppydogs

Local time
1:29 AM
Reaction score
one of my eldest son's friends father owned this but hasn't been able to drive it for about ten years. He wanted me to buy it because he knew j wouldn't part it out. Which I won't but I make back into a driver. It is a 1964 Buick Wildcat convertible with a 401. It has some cool options like a buick tissue dispenser and the glass bottle under the hood. It also has a plate on the dash that looks original and says it was built for some guy whose name I cannot recall directly.
But for 1500 I had to, could not pass it up. I have seen it drive although I haven't driven it.
20240411_174531.jpg
20240411_174509.jpg
20240411_174433.jpg
20240411_174414.jpg

Last edited:
At least it’s not a Ferd. That’s a nice score. I like the body style on those Buicks.

That was the first car I ever drove. Black with white interior and black convertible top. Friends of mine had it out on a farm. I was REALLY young. I might have been 10. Great score. Way happy for you. I couldn’t have got my money out quick enough either.

Dark side or not, that's a cool score....I'da grabbed it too. Not getting a Mopar anything in that condition for a large and a half! "Mopar guys" would be asking 10K+ for a '66 ragtop C-Body like that...
As you get into it, check to see if it has the "switch pitch" feature...basically a switch that changes the converter stall to 'low' or 'high'.
It's kinda neat when it's working properly.

Wow, who we kidding here? $1500 for a nailhead convertible in damn near driving condition?
SCORE!! :thumbsup:

At quick first glance I thought it was a 65/66 GTO. Reading further I see not. Congrats!

Congratulations on your score. Those were attractive cars, and well built.
"When better cars are built, Buick will build them."

Very cool score, convert with that nail head.
If I remember right the 401 , 425 , numbers ect was the foot lbs of torque .
That car looks great.

Mom owned a '69 GS, and it made me partial to old Buicks. Exceptional score there!

Very cool score, convert with that nail head.
If I remember right the 401 , 425 , numbers ect was the foot lbs of torque .
That car looks great.
401 and 425 were cubic inch displacement. But, the numbers on air cleaner stickers, 445 and 465 were torque ratings. So, you were on the right track.

I had a 1970 Buick Wildcat. The 455 in it was rated at 370 h.p. Buick took the same motor and put it in the G.S. and called it 350 h.p. Then they hopped it up with the Stage 1 package and called it 360 h.p., still less than my Wildcat. One of the best cars I have owned.

wrecked a 69 skylark "field car" running from a cop when I was 15, it was actually pretty nice......... those were the days :lol:

Nothing wrong with Buick, it's where Walter Chrysler got his start in the automotive world. He worked at Buick for several years, starting in 1911 as their works manager and quitting in 1919 after the last three years there as Buick's president.

one of my eldest son's friends father owned this but hasn't been able to drive it for about ten years. He wanted me to buy it because he knew j wouldn't part it out. Which I won't but I make back into a driver. It is a 1964 Buick Wildcat convertible with a 401. It has some cool options like a buick tissue dispenser and the glass bottle under the hood. It also has a plate on the dash that looks original and says it was built for some guy whose name I cannot recall directly.
But for 1500 I had to, could not pass it up. I have seen it drive although I haven't driven it.
View attachment 1645091View attachment 1645092View attachment 1645093View attachment 1645094
Nothing wrong with that!

Auto Transport Service
Back