• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Like the color. Was that just a matter of replacing the bulbs?

Yes, but in my case the idea to "change the bulbs to LEDs" turned into a full restoration of the cluster once I removed it.... Slippery slope!

Funny how that always happens, isn't it? No problem there as my dash is already done.

Are they still dim-able & who sells the bulbs?

Bought them from superbrightleds.com. They are dimmable to some extent, but the dimmer acts more like an on/off switch in mine. I just jumped the dimmer and they're on full when I turn on my lights.
The left hand side off the cluster including the turn signals, high beam indicator and brake system take the bas9 bulbs (7 I think). The right side takes the 194 wedge bulbs (3).

Under it's own power for the first time in 2 years and 2 months of Sundays.

Had the dist 180* off and forgot to put PS fluid in, but other than that no leaks or other issues.

Did have a chattery lifter that finally quieted down on the third start.

Happy to have it back amongst the living.

IMG_20170323_131000.jpg

In Connecticut they tax land/houses with one bill. You get a separate bill for cars, one bill or two bills you still pay. In our state you only need to inspect your if buy it and it's 10 years old or bought it out of state. You only have to have it inspected once, except emissions every 2 years after car is 4 or 6 years old. If your car is 20years old no emission testing. There are 50 states and they're are all different.
Gotta love CT's taxes...:BangHead::mad: You don't have to have a vehicle inspected in CT to register it if you have proof of a previous CT registration. I registered both my Challenger and Super Bee while they were (and still are) in pieces. I found old registrations in the glove boxes of both cars. Went to DMV with my bill of sale and walked out with plates. Figured I'd better do it before the laws change again and an inspection would be required.

Well I'm going the cheaper route. I took it to a local macco shop. They have done lots of nice hot rods in the area. It's gonna run 1500 bucks, hopefully it turns out good. Lol
What all do you get for the Macco job? start to finish? You get to choose your color?... ......Thanks..........................MO

Changed out the Cyberdyne Gauges for new Stewart Warner Green lines...
Bought the Aluminum master cylinder conversion kit from Dr. diff and installed all new dot 5 fluid along with 1 hose and adjusted the rear brakes...
Removed all 4 wheels and cleaned and repainted the insides along with repainting calipers, rotors and drums...
Removed the steering column....repainted everything there and rerouted some wiring for the line loc...
This is kind of a 15K mile W Va. rebuild...changed the oil and filter...removed all the engine accessories and repainted the long block and all accessories. Polished all the under hood aluminum parts...
Should be good for another summer and beyond...:BangHead:

266.jpg 27.jpg 13.jpg 267.jpg

What all do you get for the Macco job? start to finish? You get to choose your color?... ......Thanks..........................MO
They are doing it all. Buzzing it down to metal, seal it, fix all the dings. They are also welding up some trims holes and yes I get to choose any color I want. Single stage urethane paint 4 year warranty.

Replaced rear main seal.
Swapped out the Milodon 7-quart low profile oil pan and pickup for a new 6-quart pan and pickup; all in car. What a PITA. I had forgotten how hard those front oil pan bolts are to reach.

Changed out the Cyberdyne Gauges for new Stewart Warner Green lines...
Bought the Aluminum master cylinder conversion kit from Dr. diff and installed all new dot 5 fluid along with 1 hose and adjusted the rear brakes...
Removed all 4 wheels and cleaned and repainted the insides along with repainting calipers, rotors and drums...
Removed the steering column....repainted everything there and rerouted some wiring for the line loc...
This is kind of a 15K mile W Va. rebuild...changed the oil and filter...removed all the engine accessories and repainted the long block and all accessories. Polished all the under hood aluminum parts...
Should be good for another summer and beyond...:BangHead:

View attachment 407143 View attachment 407144 View attachment 407145 View attachment 407146
You DID completely change out or extensively cleaned out EVERY componate, including changeing all rubber parts when switching from regular brake fluid to DOT 5 ?......................MO?...........................MO

They are doing it all. Buzzing it down to metal, seal it, fix all the dings. They are also welding up some trims holes and yes I get to choose any color I want. Single stage urethane paint 4 year warranty.
I got to check that out ! ..............................MO

Got my CSR trans shield today. PTC converter comes tomorrow, and I just got a tracking number for the ProTrans. YEA!!

Got my TRW power steering pump from Steer and Gear yesterday so I threw it in today. After everything was buttoned up the wife and I went out for a date night to enjoy the 70ish degree weather.

IMG_6063.JPG
IMG_6064.JPG

Got the rear end and the springs out today all that's left is the fuel, brake line and park brk cable and it will be nothing but a shell.

1490413794946-2140442140.jpg 1490413864440400518879.jpg

I took the Charger out of winter storage and drove it home! I replaced the brake lights and front turn signals with LED's and this solved my dome light dimming when I press on the brakes.

Reading through this thread makes me realize how simple/trivial most of work is that I've done to my car, you guys are doing some amazing work!!! Keep the posts coming!

Almost forgot, I installed my rebuilt power brake booster and 3 speed wiper motor. Was waiting on the brake booster so I could get it out of storage.
2017-03-25 08.39.12.jpg

Had a shakedown run to local car night.

I got as much attention and talkers as the super nice, finished 68 fastback mustang parked next to me.

Nice fellow from Canada said he had a garage full of factory service manuals and said if he has a '73, hell send it to me.....OK, sure!

Found the steering box input shaft seal leaking.

'67 FSM says remove box and use 2 special tools.

I practiced on a junk box and did it with 2 #8 screws and a big pair of needle nose.

I think I can do it in the car only pulling the column. (I just put that dang column in)

Auto Transport Service
Back