• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Packed up my instrument cluster from the `cuda, to send it to Red Line.. for a few updates.

Sat in car for 20min trying to figure out exact location for my fuel pump and electric fan switches . . . Unsuccessful lol

You DID completely change out or extensively cleaned out EVERY componate, including changeing all rubber parts when switching from regular brake fluid to DOT 5 ?......................MO?...........................MO
It was Dot 5 when built. Guess I really just pushed out the old and replaced with new...

Fought my lower control arm bushings for 4 hours :BangHead::mad:

IMG_1111.JPG

Installed the driveshaft in my 71 Satellite. Drove under it's own power for the 1st time since I had it. Maiden voyage over the weekend. Still lots to do, but at least it moves and stops under it's own power.

Sent the alternator and starter from my A12 to Dixie Restorations and got the steamer out and started installing the new carpet in my T/A. Every time I think I see the light at the end of the tunnel, it turns out to be a freight train coming towards me! I hope I get these cars done before I'm too old to enjoy them!!

Changed the home made positive battery cable (I have a mini starter and TTI headers) but was able to do it without loosening the header; boy howdy it was tight!

Here's the old cable.

IMG_2446.JPG

Installed a new windshield washer hose.

Installed the under hood wire guides.

Installed new automatic transmission cooler lines. Does anyone make these to fit cars with headers? Sheesh! I hate bending new tubing. It always looks like crap when I do it.

Changed the home made positive battery cable (I have a mini starter and TTI headers) but was able to do it without loosening the header; boy howdy it was tight!

Here's the old cable.

View attachment 408403

Installed a new windshield washer hose.

Installed the under hood wire guides.

Installed new automatic transmission cooler lines. Does anyone make these to fit cars with headers? Sheesh! I hate bending new tubing. It always looks like crap when I do it.

Nice work. I have to do the same thing with the positive batt cable on the Coronet. Don't see how to loosen the nuts on the starter without pulling the headers back. I'm so pi$$ed at myself for not replacing the cable when the engine was out.

Finished install of the passengers side quarter panel. Grinding down all the plug welds. Getting ready to go to the left side to do the same.

DSCN0128.JPG

Nice work. I have to do the same thing with the positive batt cable on the Coronet. Don't see how to loosen the nuts on the starter without pulling the headers back. I'm so pi$$ed at myself for not replacing the cable when the engine was out.

I unbolted the starter and pulled it forward enough to rotate it so I could get a socket on the two nuts holding the wires to the starter.

I also had to use a 5/8" wrench and a ratcheting wrench for the 5/8 starter bolt on top.

Last edited:
Well you all know my 2003 ram 2500 ,well it hit 98xxx miles and everything started falling apart. Rear,brake system,heads,water pump,ect. Anyways I parked the truck for 6 months when the valve spring broke . I fixed it eventually we'll now my truck shutters really bad at 45-50 mph. When you turn o.d. on it clears up . It also said it had a miss fire ect. Injector 6 was junk I replaced all 8 I also noticed a cracked coil case I decided to just replace them all to . It ran better for a whole 5 secs . Shutters still so after checking everything we had determined my tourqe converter is dieing . Of course we all know they like to take the trans with them. Great just my freaking luck . So at this point theres not much left to replace on this truck it's seriously about all new . But I still got a bad taste about it now days did I get a Friday/lemon truck or is my luck that bad should I keep fixing this freaking truck or just fix and sell it and go buy something new? I will say I did tow alot with the truck and I do haves heavy foot but I never tow over 80mph with a loaded trailer slower if it's a heavy one! But it's a truck it's designed for this isn't it? Do I need to built proof everything on the truck to be able to keep towing my cars ?
Screw my life!!!

Don't do like I did (unless, as in my case you just had to) and install the underhood wire guides for the positive battery cable, speedo, etc. after the fenders are on the car or after the engine is in the car. What a royal PITA. My forearms look lie I was fighting with an angry cat.

1 Went to HF to get some wire brushes.
Look what parked next to me-

2 Went to body shop to get estimate.
Look what parked next to me-

3- On way home BOTH rear tires belts separated.
Kind of scary. Made it home @ 35 MPH.

4- I LOVE this tool-
IMG_20170324_165232.jpg
IMG_20170324_165240.jpg
IMG_20170327_154536.jpg
IMG_20170325_152104.jpg
IMG_20170325_152123.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back