• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Fit the carpet in the coronet.
This is part of a 4 speed conversion.
I thought it laid out pretty well.
I had is sitting in the basement for 3 months to let the creases from shipping relax.

IMG_1211.JPG

Had to put new wheel bearings in the work truck. Previous owner didn't put much grease in between bearings for the inner bearing, and put the washer on the spindle before putting the outer bearing in, resulting in no preload on outer bearing.

It drives better now

One step forward--two steps back....Got all the new interior installed, along with the 6 way power seat base. Crawled under the car and inspected the new dual exhaust ---hate it ! Hangs down and no reason it couldn't have been closer to the floor. He will have to make it right. Received the left side parking brake cable and shoe struts. Inner cable is not the right length . I will have to figure out the problem . ...............................MO
So who cares? go away...........

Raining out, no excuses if I want to go to Papa's Dodge car show next Sunday in New Britain-ski.
Put Satellite on the ground added 3 qts atf checked under car dry. Started it up after a long winters nap, no problem. Ran it in neutral for couple minutes put in reverse nothing drive same. Don't panic YET. Check dipstick nothing added 2qts more put in gear bingo. Checked trans fluid level needs another qt or so. Had a qt of Mercon, didn't know if I should mix it with type F so I'll wait. No road test rain.
Thanks dvw for advice about getting park rod in.

Fixed the exhaust finally - it was bent to close to the rear end and almost every bump resulted in it hitting the axel .
Finally got my 4 SPD shifting perfect and all the slop out of it .

Duck Duck Duck. Was going to do a road test but trans linkage a little off. It seems like it's between park and reverse. So back up in the air it goes.

How'd you make out with the weather last night! Was crazy!

Duck Duck Duck. Was going to do a road test but trans linkage a little off. It seems like it's between park and reverse. So back up in the air it goes.

Lot of crap on my freshly power washed deck. So dark could barely neighbor's cars 125' away. My kid was on a bus coming back from NH Rte 10 was closed in Hamden, 4 hours to clear the road.
Hope to get linkage right for Papa's Dodge Sunday if it doesn't rain.

B15FD0E7-EC7C-4119-A3A6-7A604C271B0F.jpeg
924CDDC7-A6BA-4EA8-BD18-9B4270D18FAD.jpeg
1AB29454-A39C-420D-AABF-4CA5E160EECE.jpeg
F26A83DA-32B2-4D96-BBEF-DFC833052356.jpeg
Finally replaced the old M/T valve covers with some new MOPAR Performance covers - have to round up a PCV valve grommet for it.

Last edited:
Ordered a new Mopar trailer hitch and accessories for my '15 Renegade.

This should be fun. It actually replaces the rear bumper with a receiver bumper.

Interesting is that it's a class III even though the Renegade is not rated for anywhere near class III specs....and full size jeeps only come with class II hitches!

Also interesting is that Mopar says it only "fits" Renegades with the 2.4/auto and that towing with the 1.4/6 speed manual is "not recommended"...

...but is fully supported in Europe!

Do they think Americans are too stupid to tow with a small displacement turbo manual?

Also ordered a new modular receiver for my Dakota, so I don't bend the rear bumper in half.

That should also be interesting as I've been looking for years and it needs to clear my dual exhaust.

BTW the Renegade stuff was right at $500, and I pieced it together for $100 less than the "kit"...plus they want you to order a new, pre cut bumper cover, for God knows how much, which I declined.

There goes my tax return.....

Last edited:
That looks good.

...and like a LOT of tedious work.

Working on the 49 Plymouth right now. Put a Z bar rebuild kit on it and installed an electric fan controller. Then went for a ride.

I got a new headliner installed. Looks perfect. Installer is 3 blocks from my house and has 35 years experience. :thumbsup:

laying in lots of thermotec heat/sound suppression stuff.

just doing firewall area on both driver/passenger sides made a difference.

watermelon

BAE2AA67-DBAE-45D6-9FCF-6A956F9346C8.jpeg 7799E2FA-AB62-4CF9-A67A-EF883DCB0D54.jpeg EB590B0A-41A6-491A-A60B-68C91A76824A.jpeg

Got the 68 Satty - Roadrunner tribute car out of the shop that put on complete dual exhaust. Second time, they got it right after the first time screw ups. I supplied the DynoMax mufflers and the cost, labor and materials, was $375 including tax. Got home about 5 PM, Cruise in 26 miles away, so we decided to go. . Wifey drove and she loves the car. We enjoyed the compliments, especially from the guy that trailered this car home when I bought it. He couldn't believe it was the same car..................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back