• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Fran,remember, set R&P no backlash; then screw in rt.side adjuster for the lash. Have fun, Jeff. Gotta have a little tension on the housing.

Fran,remember, set R&P no backlash; then screw in rt.side adjuster for the lash. Have fun, Jeff. Gotta have a little tension on the housing.
SM says have backlash at .0005 to .0015 then turn tooth side so b-lash is .006 to .008. My 80k mile gears had .011 and a good pattern. Sooo my plan was set it at.004 then turn tooth side adjuster until I get .010 or .011 b-lash.

Last edited:
Finally got around to reassembling my parking brake assembly after stripping and painting it. I bought a rebuild kit with new springs and release handle. Didn't turn out too bad. I bought the kit from Mega Parts item# 199-DR056A.

http://www.megapartsusa.com/proddetail.asp?prod=199-DR056A

Coronet parking brake.JPG Coronet parking brake-001.JPG Coronet parking brake-002.JPG Coronet parking brake-003.JPG Coronet parking brake-006.JPG Coronet parking brake-007.JPG Coronet parking brake-008.JPG Coronet parking brake-009.JPG Coronet parking brake-012.JPG Coronet parking brake-013.JPG

Last edited:
Tried adjusting the parking brake but the rear wheels barely turn by hand with the cable loose. I assume this is because the car has sat for a long time and the disc calipers are sticking. Or, I need a manual prop valve. Cass (AKA Dr Diff) said going from 4 wheel power drum to 4 wheel power disc with his kit I could just use the original distribution block.

Put in loctited ring gear bolts and torqued them. set backlash to .004 and preloaded tooth side bearing to get .011 back lash as it was before. Torqued cap bolts and checked gear pattern looked ok.
wid24.jpg
wid25.jpg

Last edited:
Got the car in the air to change center section. I prefer to pull whole rear than wrestle around under the car. Its been out in the last year put 4.10's in, mistake. About 2 hours I can pull the rear. Think my Chinesium brake drums rub backing plates. Could be 30 years of laying around may have bent backing plates will check that. Will put original drums on but there +.050 now. Put my FBBO decals on.
wid26.jpg
wid27.jpg

wid26.jpg wid27.jpg

+1 on FBBO decals. Pull whole diff to put in punkin? Wow, you’re a glutton for punishment,kinda!

Got the car in the air to change center section. I prefer to pull whole rear than wrestle around under the car. Its been out in the last year put 4.10's in, mistake. About 2 hours I can pull the rear. Think my Chinesium brake drums rub backing plates. Could be 30 years of laying around may have bent backing plates will check that. Will put original drums on but there +.050 now. Put my FBBO decals on.
View attachment 677880 View attachment 677881

View attachment 677877 View attachment 677878
Luv the red!!

For me it's easier, bum shoulder. U-bolts with an air wrench and a 11/16" rachet wrech for the shackles, bam it out. If I made one of the fixtures I seen a member did so he could use a floor jack. I don't think I'll do another change. That Jeg's assembly stand for $36 was money well spent, bought thru Amazon free shipping.

Nothing to the Plymouth, but blood transfusion and Fluid Film applied from undercoat gun the the JKU

My heater core let loose, so sent it to Bob at Glen Ray. In the mean time decided to redo the insulation on the floor and firewall. One thing lead to another and let's just say it's been a busy weekend.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

For me it's easier, bum shoulder. U-bolts with an air wrench and a 11/16" rachet wrech for the shackles, bam it out. If I made one of the fixtures I seen a member did so he could use a floor jack. I don't think I'll do another change. That Jeg's assembly stand for $36 was money well spent, bought thru Amazon free shipping.
Yeah and how’s that bum shoulder when trying to hold up an impact gun?(ask me how I know)

Yeah and how’s that bum shoulder when trying to hold up an impact gun?(ask me how I know)
A lot better than pulling on a ratchet wrench for those 8 u-bolt nuts and 10 lug nuts.
Got a late start today and had to jack up back of car more and the front of car. The spare tire got in way ...........the one around my waist.

Last edited:
Pulled rear diff today. Took me almost as much time to jack car up and get tools ready than to pull rear. Pulling rear on jack out from under car bracket for rubber brake hose caught on toolbox pulled on it and may have damaged it. Ordered another, $18 for being careless.

Hauled my friend's Dakota up to the chassis-shop, for a back-half/pro-street build.

wid28.jpg
wid29.jpg
wid30.jpg
Put rear on sawhorses and made L brackets to keep it nose up. Used 3" muffler clamps to hold L brackets. Only able to bend 3/32" stock, no torch had to stick a block of wood under housing.
Order a lower hose from Amazon, check the box it came in. It was the only item in it. The narrow side facing camera.

Got the backs of my `cuda bumpers blasted today. Tomorrow, take them to the platers, and see what they do or don't want me to do...before welding bolts in-flush.

Auto Transport Service
Back