• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Painted the interior on the windshield frame black. When assembled, body color will show between the moldings. It looks terrible, especially with light or hi-impact colors. Seen verts that were bright....yuck.

f2va8g.jpg

2n9hkzk.jpg

finished the wiring in my radio, cut and fabbed a 3" x7" flat stock panel to hold relay, reversing polarity relay switch and speed adjuster for position adjuster for ashtray all ready to install. need to fab cover plate for control head for hidden stereo system. have 2 prototypes, need to find some thinner stock metal that I can still weld, then paint.:)

Work continues on new valve covers, smoothing out the welded seams on a pair of aluminum fabricated 440 source covers.

wYj0sva.jpg

O7I9Nei.jpg

j2d2JAj.jpg

New Earls Performance breather and Vibrant Performance 2" Oil Cap.
Trying to get a nice clean look in the engine compartment, should look good once all parts are powder coated the same semi-gloss / matte black.

Lot's of work, just need to make time and work on it when I have it.

Work continues on new valve covers, smoothing out the welded seams on a pair of aluminum fabricated 440 source covers.

View attachment 683105
View attachment 683106
View attachment 683107
Trying to get a nice clean look in the engine compartment, should look good once all parts are powder coated the same semi-gloss / matte black.

They look great. People on FBBO have mentioned smoothing prefab v covers can cause pin holes. I'd swish a little gas inside just incase, gas will find any pin hole.

They look great. People on FBBO have mentioned smoothing prefab v covers can cause pin holes. I'd swish a little gas inside just incase, gas will find any pin hole.

Yes, I've heard the same which is why this is all hand done and taking a while. Weld seams on the inside are nice & thick too.

I'll definitely check everything thoroughly before strapping them on. :thumbsup:

I went out to the garage and looked it over while trying to figure out an asking price because I want to sell it...cr8crshr/Tuck:usflag::usflag::usflag:

View attachment 683105
View attachment 683106
View attachment 683107

I like the pretty beads! Not bad for a poor china man working for 10 Yen a day:lol:

1.19.13 026.jpg 1.27.13 004.jpg 1.27.13 005.jpg 2.28.15 027.jpg 2.28.15 029.jpg

Looked at them, hoping for spring in Michigan. We are expecting 7" of wet snow tonight. Had 4" of the wet stuff last weekend.

got steering column pinned, to new coupling for the borgeson power steering, adjusted alignment half assed with a laser squaring off the rear tires kind of like the string and two cement block trick set steering wheel to center, we'll see how close I am when is all over. got transmission in, lubbed up the yoke and slip it in her to see if I'm still there.
20181125_123928.jpg
20181125_123940.jpg
20181125_190457.jpg
20181125_185833.jpg
20181125_143843.jpg
20181125_143851.jpg
20181125_152522.jpg
20181125_152533.jpg
20181125_152550.jpg
been 4 years since that baby has been in there. also beat on the new six pack air cleaner to straighten up some manufacturing dents and got a coat of bondo on it looks lot straighter already. now take the drive shaft back out and clean it up and balance, probable replace yoke looks pretty worn in center.

Today was the day I decided to yank the speedo out of the 'Net. Back in the Summer, the odometer quit along with a loud clicking and jumping needle. This happened just as the odometer was going past 9/10 of a mile, ready to roll over to the next mile. I disconnected the cable until the season was over & I could get it apart. I found a local outfit who agreed to look at it and another place a few hours away. Anyway, got the cluster out and removed the speedo unit. Couldn't see anything broken or missing, so I rotated the drive by hand and something clicked but I couldn't see what. I rigged up a drive with my cordless drill and it worked perfectly - rolled it 'til it went two more miles. I was able to remove the actual drive pinion and number cluster and still no problem. I lightly lubed everything & put it back together. Another "drill test" & it worked perfectly. WTF?? Anyway, it's back together and I'll have to wait a few months to try it again. I will be replacing the speedo cable with a new one I got from Laysons at Moparfest a couple of years ago - just in case. One of life's mysteries! Sorry no pics, once I got started I totally forgot!

Dropped the bumper guards off for plating, all the rear bumper hardware for powder-coating, and located/purchased some used A/C lines from a late-model Challenger wreck [saved huge bucks]. We're using the ends and fittings for the late-model condenser in the project-car. We'll form and weld new lines for my application. Now, I'm waiting on parts, so I can continue the assembly process of the car.

Took the carbs off to enlarge a tuning port. Good thing I had no stick gaskets:screwy:
Ordered in all SUPERPERMORMANCE gaskets.They do not wick in the gas or oil like the blue gaskets!Just lube them up a little when reassembling:thumbsup:
Next trip to the garage will slap them back together and do some test driving:lol:

SV1ports2012.jpg 9.30.1812.jpg 9.30.1813.jpg 9.30.1815.jpg 9.30.1816.jpg 9.30.1818.jpg 9.30.1820.jpg 9.30.1822.jpg 9.30.1823.jpg 9.30.1826.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back