• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Installed window channel rubbers and glass.

20181208_225017.jpg

Got the FiTech dialed in, worked on knocking down the IAC steps. Took the car out for a 50 mile shakedown run. Feels like it picked up 50 hp. Throttle response is instantaneous. Car hasn't felt this good since I got it on the road three years ago.

IMG_4820.JPG

And now for a little change of pace . . . let's work on a wire harness . . . for the 5.7 Hemi and the Dodge Magnum . . .

This is the "mess" that I had, and had to work on getting the ECU pulled out from the rest of the car . . .

sm_wireharness01-jpg.jpg

There is the engine part of the wire harness - orange connector . . .

sm_wireharness02-jpg.jpg

and the other part of the ECU connections - White and Black connectors . . .

sm_wireharness03-jpg.jpg

And then there is the power box that goes up in the engine compartment
( not putting that under my hood - want it "clean" up there )
Still have to figure out what goes to what relays in the power box . . .

sm_wireharness04-jpg.jpg

The weather was nice no snow yet means no salt on the roads took the X out to get the tree.

photo.jpeg

Last edited:
Not these days anyway. My dad used to haul his john boat on the roof of his 68 Coronet R/T !

Got the original door and quarter windows cleaned for inspection, now I gotta figure who can polish them. I'd rather use my original/slightly less than perfect glass, than non-fitting chi-com crap. We'll see how well they polish. [Yes, I know about the fingernail thing] Got both door handles and latch assemblies working, after searching/waiting for parts. Dug-up more parts for under-dash assembly, and am preparing to install dash...so we can install the windshield and trim....so we can install the top...etc; etc.

Ran the 114,000 mile Neon R/T through state emissions inspection and it passed with flying colors. Proving my dad's "take care of it and it'll take care of you."

The unibody is reassembled, and so I moved the bracing down to support the car so I can build the floor supports.

So much room for activities.
309b075c-36c4-42d3-aa08-f09c69163868-jpeg.jpg

David

Worked on the 63.Brake lines, line lock, speedo cable and steering column.Few days ago fitted a oversize factory radiator from a 75 Cordoba and with a few mods it fit. Just about ready to assemble the trans to engine and slide it in. Gotta do the transmission mount mods first. Photos to come.

Began the process of removing the rear axle, leaf springs & related parts. Plan is to clean, identify paint markings, and refresh, or replace parts as necessary. Jim

1F69EE8A-8872-4303-BE67-54760EDA3124.jpeg

Blocked doors, trunk ,fenders and drivers quarter. Looks pretty good over all...
Will finish the others this weekend, shoot another coat or two of high build block one more time. Taking the week off after Christmas hopefully will have color on by the end!
Looking forward to starting assembly!!!!
Still stuck on a color though...

Moved the WO out of the front shop, and made room to work around mom's old car. Also have the convertible top pieces all ready for dipping and e-coating, powder-coating, etc. I had to retrieve my friend's tools from his estate sale. I don't need them, but everybody was low-balling the family so bad...I bought them so the sharks didn't get them. Now they're taking up room, till I rid the shop of un-needed stuff. I'm kind of in a holding-pattern, till the new year. I can clean and detail parts for the top, and do some other tedious tuff for a couple days.

2znn6nk.jpg

wv3mza.jpg
wv3mza.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back