• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Glass all in !! Woohooo.. need to tidy up the rear flip outs installation and then onto interior!!
beerestoration2019 3003.JPG

ordered a 1/4" billet steel band strut for the 727. It's a weak link with the stock strut and a high HP mill.....

Loaded 2 of my original front brake drums in the car to have them measured. Years ago was told they were cut to the limit. Went to NAPA, they sold there brake drum grinder and measuring gauge 4 months ago. Went to backup garage, closed, why?? Call tomorrow.
The saga continues, went to garage that was closed. He was open brought out digital caliper battery dead. Even then bad news, the one rear drum had a thick wall fronts thin. Set caliper in rear drum got it tight put it in front drum and it rattled around 1/8" clearance. Front drums are trash. Have a pair of 11 x 3" drums from a 72 Challenger on my Satellite, guess they'll stay there.

Finally got a couple coats of high build on the left quarter.

20190407_205735.jpg

I did my once a year detailing for my once a year local car show this coming Saturday.

Gave my trunk some love...

image000000-jpg.jpg

image000000-2-jpg.jpg

And the rest...

image000000-3-jpg.jpg

image000000-1-jpg.jpg

image000000-4-jpg.jpg

All ready for Saturday morning!

Jeff

Chopped on the console, to fit over the Nag1 shifter. Gonna be a bunch of fitting.

Was finally able put some time back into into he leaf springs. Continued with cleanup & prep. Used a large vise to press in the front bushings. The separated leafs show paint markings & runs indicating they were apparently factory “dipped.” Now for paint & reassembly.....Jim

40535F23-8058-41AF-AC66-83610E1232C5.jpeg

Last edited:
More work on applying the bed liner to the bottom of the car . . .

sm_bedliner08.jpg

I like it . . . and that was a LOT of work . . . Paint tomorrow . . .

Washed the RR and drove to the car show today, went out again tonight and drove by again to see what it looked like at night (empty ghost town)... speed through woodley park to see how well the new headlights work. Nice and bright!

Tore out a few more clumps of hair in anger over parts that are wrong...but allegedly were correct at time of purchase. Wasted time and money, and a few more headaches. Getting close with my brake conversion ...a long slow tedious process with getting it right first time.

Brake lathe being used means we are very close now...

:thumbsup:

Getting the last stuff done before droppin the 440 in. My first engine build and swap!

20190413_184926.jpg

I changed the oil in the '55 Plymouth yesterday and took it to the first cruise in of the season. It had only gone 40 miles since October, then I put over 20 on it yesterday.

Hey it’s spring! Went to see long lost “honey”, more still needs done.

A89A225C-53CA-4E78-9110-E208BC0E3233.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back