• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

When I took the Satellite out last didn't check the air in tires. I was in a rush to see if newly installed sure-grip was gripping. More important was did I get the gear set up right, yes and yes. Tire or tires felt like they were low, driver's rear 19 lbs.. All the other tires ok.
Cleaned the garage a little, very little. At least my wife's fig trees are out. The 36 sq.ft. they take up is precious, since I'm not neat. This year hope to improve that. Another thing is to photograph and inventory my NOS and used parts and put a value on them.

Last edited:
Scored a 8 3/4 at the Spring Fling thanks to Member Migsbig.
Thanks Migs. Correct for 71-72 B-body, perches-47 1/4 flanges-57 3/4.
Disassembled pressure wash and primed.

20190414_152903.jpg

Last edited:
Took a drive, bought a set of super clean used Hooker 5903s. Met some excellent folks. Stopped for a cheeseburger.

Was finally able put some time back into into he leaf springs. Continued with cleanup & prep. Used a large vise to press in the front bushings. The separated leafs show paint markings & runs indicating they were apparently factory “dipped.” Now for paint & reassembly.....Jim

View attachment 749004

What markings?

What markings?
Hi Richard.....when I separated the leafs, the inner portions had remnants of black paint, that appeared to have seeped through & between the leafs. Paint was also found under some of the plastic spacers, and between the zinc liners. Some of the paint patterns appeared to be vertical “runs” like the leafs been hung lengthwise & “dipped” in paint after assembly....Jim

Dropped the gas tank (second time) to install the “factory” lock ring for the replacement sending unit.

As others have posted use the original lock ring, if possible, to avoid a leak.

i got the motor trans rad wiring brakes and other stuff into the Javelin before the rain hit.

edit: for pics of said beater

Last edited:
Put the 500 rocker and wheel lip trim on my 65 a few days ago!! I really like it!!
20190413_142751.jpg

Put the 500 rocker and wheel lip trim on my 65 a few days ago!! I really like it!!View attachment 751453
Gotta love the extra chrome on the 500's!
That's why the Cragar SS works so well.

When I had a '64 Polara 500, Black on Black, the Cragars really did the trick!

Not mine but real close to it...
sc0517-287633_1.jpg

just looked at mine. wished it was on the road already

6 long hours today farting around getting door glass sliding in both vent frames and one door glass assembly in.. set up.. tightened in place and the cats whiskers in place! Thankfully my wife walked in the shop while I was fighting the third attempt at install and could hold the lock end of the glass while I made sure the vent window rubber seal didn't jam up at the A pillar. May have saved 2 hours if I'd just called her to help in the first place... :rolleyes:
View attachment 747554
What color is that? love it.........................MO

Auto Transport Service
Back