• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Talk some sense into whoever doesn't want the blackout.

To me without it makes the car look unfinished, or poorly done/researched.

I gave mine it's twice-a-year bath! With the small bit of rust in the upper trunk rail corners and 52-year old sheet metal I absolutely hate putting water on it....but as much as I drive it, it's gotta be done. WW1 paint helps hide the road dirt for a good amount of time though.

Now that it's finally cooling off I need to get off my duff and replace my quarter window regulator.

Optimum No Rinse car wash works like a champ and takes 1/4 the time of a regular wash and rinse.

I packed it full of stinky-smoke smelling stuff so we can head home today.

Took you for a nice little ride and filled it up, ready to cruise until the snow flies.
Ready of course to cruise all the nice days throughout the winter when the roads are fairly clean, hopefully next year will be better.

Yup.
Ready of course to cruise all the nice days throughout the winter when the roads are fairly clean, hopefully next year will be better.
My rule with my classic cars is I will drive them year round, as long as no salt has been spread on the roads. Once salt has been applied, I need two hard rains before I will take them out again. In practice, in Pennsylvania, this means January through March are typically "no-drive" zones.

I'm not crazy about getting caught in torrential downpours, which in FL is a serious likelihood from about April until about October.

Not only is my car's braking, handling and visibility impacted, but also apparently the judgment of other drivers and their ability to control their cars.

Therefore I try to limit driving a classic during those months to a 20% or less chance of rain, which is not that often, but can be adjusted based on the previous days pattern and timing of any showers.

...although I did drive it home 60 miles from the PO's house right through the middle of tropical storm Sandy.

...with a bad leaking master cylinder, no windshield wipers, and no defogger.

I cleaned and reassembled the bulkhead connector and fusible link.
NICE! One thing off the list! I still doubt that is why your car died at the lights. Just a fluke, like mine, that the carb float stuck and you ran out of fuel as you pulled up to the lights, or a contact issue with your ignition switch.

I still doubt that is why your car died at the lights. Just a fluke, like mine, that the carb float stuck and you ran out of fuel as you pulled up to the lights, or a contact issue with your ignition switch.

Well. I hope you're wrong but time will tell I guess. I don't look forward to a random dead engine.

Time to wrestle these in, hopefully it wont be to painfull...

j7CLKNr.jpg

68GEEMQ.jpg

Got my door guts back in. Also added the reinforcement plates for the door handles. Money well spent!
20201017_111916.jpg

This month our county is sponsoring their annual return a used oil filter and get a free replacement program. Got a free 51515 filter for the Coronet and filled it with 10W-30 Valvoline VR1 racing oil. Have to buy the oil from Summit because the high zinc content makes it illegal for sale in CA.
It was a nice day, took the car for a spin around town.

Drove ours to go drag racing at Firebird raceway, ran it all day, drove it on some backroads on the way home.
20201017_101523.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back