• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Nothing on the Coronet or the Imperial.

Installed a classic, loud trumpet-style horn on my D100 this weekend. It's a late '50s Mopar horn. Very cool.

Last edited:
I finally got off my duff and replaced my DS quarter window regulator with the used OEM unit I scored from member 'pnypwr'. Good time to clean and grease all the tracks and rollers too. It's nice to have a smooth and properly operating window again! I never really roll them up until this time of year anyway..

I installed new wheel moldings. Originals were beat to crap or just plain missing.
20201018_182732.jpg

Amazing how much mess one little weeping heater hose can make at 60 MPH! An hour spent with Windex and a micro cloth thankfully cleaned it all up. Can't believe that the one heater hose is melted into the dip coating on the repro hose holder bracket and inseparable. They just don't make **** like they use too!
beecoolantcleanup 002.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 003.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 004.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 011.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 012.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 015.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 018.JPG

Amazing how much mess one little weeping heater hose can make at 60 MPH! An hour spent with Windex and a micro cloth thankfully cleaned it all up. Can't believe that the one heater hose is melted into the dip coating on the repro hose holder bracket and inseparable. They just don't make **** like they use too!
View attachment 1016322 View attachment 1016323 View attachment 1016324 View attachment 1016325 View attachment 1016326 View attachment 1016327 View attachment 1016328
Next time try Gates hoses.

Many Thanks for the suggestion Wayne.
Have you got a picture of your headliner with the silver coming thru?
The light has to be right, but you can see it sparking behind the holes if you look. I'll try to take a picture of it. Just getting in and driving you don't see it, but if you stare at it you can.

Installed the new trunk seal last night. It's amazing how it sounds like a real trunk closing now!
20201021_041129.jpg

Well spent 2 hours trying to find my Corbin clamps and then 15 minutes to, hopefully, fix my weeps by picking the smallest diameter ones to use. One thing to note.. there is a relieved area on the water pump spiggets... I missed it and had my clamp too low on the leaker. I even gave in and crossed my hoses per the FSM as I had an occasional weeper at the heater box as well. Still looks clean with them crossed right under the corner of the washer bottle. I also put a smear of RTV inside each hose to hopefully stop a repeat of any leakage. I'd also say I must have done a fine job of flushing my engine during restoration. Pretty damn clean for a 42 year old engine rebuild.
beecoolantcleanup 023.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 022.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 026.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 030.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 032.JPG
beecoolantcleanup 035.JPG

Holy crap, Wayne!... Is that a genuine fender skirt from the old Mopar troubleshooting campaigns?? That's too cool!

Well spent 2 hours trying to find my Corbin clamps and then 15 minutes to, hopefully, fix my weeps by picking the smallest diameter ones to use. One thing to note.. there is a relieved area on the water pump spiggets... I missed it and had my clamp too low on the leaker. I even gave in and crossed my hoses per the FSM as I had an occasional weeper at the heater box as well. Still looks clean with them crossed right under the corner of the washer bottle. I also put a smear of RTV inside each hose to hopefully stop a repeat of any leakage. I'd also say I must have done a fine job of flushing my engine during restoration. Pretty damn clean for a 42 year old engine rebuild.
View attachment 1017058 View attachment 1017059 View attachment 1017060 View attachment 1017061 View attachment 1017063 View attachment 1017064
Crossed hoses, oh, if Justin could see you now.

Auto Transport Service
Back