• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Gathering a few bits for the Coronet.

Finished the trunk in the Imperial, and replaced the weatherseals on the convertible top. Tightened the rear spring clamps, as two worked loose. Did some dash electrical troubleshooting.

Stared at the truck.

20201020_190608.jpg

I killed Therapy today. Idling away nicely after refilling the radiator and then she died. She had died on us shortly into our last cruise after going through an S turn pretty hard. I figured I'd stuck the float, as she refired and we cruised flawlessly for another 80 miles. Thinking the fuel pump diaphragm or it's cam lobe to pump push rod is worn too short are the only conclusions left, as I can make it run on a squirt bottle.. Then while working on her I realized that the antifreeze weeping "dot" mess is under the entire car as well. At that point I threw in the town, locked the shop and liquor cabinet was next stop! Guess I'll get the Wife to help me push her to the hoist bay. Car has never failed to get us home in 40 years.... at least she died in the shop so I'll give her that!

No Fuel at sight hole..
beecoolantcleanup 043.JPG

Q Tip in... dry...
beecoolantcleanup 044.JPG

Popped the secondary feed off, nothing running engine on squirt bottle.
beecoolantcleanup 045.JPG

Zero fuel pressure.
beecoolantcleanup 046.JPG

Left the T in place and pointed it into the carb in case she decided to come back to life running on the squirt bottle.
beecoolantcleanup 047.JPG

Can suck fuel with a vacuum pump...
beecoolantcleanup 049.JPG

Threw in the towel after seeing the majority of the cars underside is covered in coolant white dots as well. Two days after moving her out of the hoist bay! Alcohol time...
beecoolantcleanup 050.JPG

I feel your pain. At least she has a good doctor to bring her back to a full recovery; As soon as he sobers up.

Didn’t get any pics but....

drove the crap out of it after work!
Nice cool fall day, little traffic!

I FINALLY UNPACKED OL' GREENY FROM OUR 2+ WEEK EVACUATION TODAY AND WAS GOING TO WASH IT UT IT GOT TO LATE IN THE DAY.
(IT HAS NEVER BEEN SO FILTHY. EVER!!!)
WELL, I HEARD A DISTINCT AIRCRAFT FLY OVER MY HOUSE AND SURE ENOUGH THERE IS ANOTHER &!*#%
FIRE TO THE EAST ABOUT 4-5 MILES AWAY SO I PUT SOME (SICK & TIRED OF TRYING TO SAVE CRAP!) OF THE PRECIOUS CRAP BACK IN IT JUST NOW!!!
I AM NOT KIDDING!
YES, I AM SCREAMING VIA THE KEYBOARD!!!
---
Wow, that really did assist my calming down.
Thanks for the rant!
I hope this posts, I am piggybacking on the neighbors sometimes working WIFI.
(MORE BAD WORDS HERE)

(AND HERE!)

(And a heavy sigh to finish this off...)

I killed Therapy today. Idling away nicely after refilling the radiator and then she died. She had died on us shortly into our last cruise after going through an S turn pretty hard. I figured I'd stuck the float, as she refired and we cruised flawlessly for another 80 miles. Thinking the fuel pump diaphragm or it's cam lobe to pump push rod is worn too short are the only conclusions left, as I can make it run on a squirt bottle.. Then while working on her I realized that the antifreeze weeping "dot" mess is under the entire car as well. At that point I threw in the town, locked the shop and liquor cabinet was next stop! Guess I'll get the Wife to help me push her to the hoist bay. Car has never failed to get us home in 40 years.... at least she died in the shop so I'll give her that!

No Fuel at sight hole..
View attachment 1017643

Q Tip in... dry...
View attachment 1017644
Popped the secondary feed off, nothing running engine on squirt bottle.
View attachment 1017645
Zero fuel pressure.
View attachment 1017646
Left the T in place and pointed it into the carb in case she decided to come back to life running on the squirt bottle.
View attachment 1017647
Can suck fuel with a vacuum pump...
View attachment 1017649
Threw in the towel after seeing the majority of the cars underside is covered in coolant white dots as well. Two days after moving her out of the hoist bay! Alcohol time...
View attachment 1017651
Well there's a nice hard kick to the nards!
Bummer dude, I know you'll have it sorted soon:thumbsup: :drinks:

PS: Please send your flying fire-fighting buddy back.

I FINALLY UNPACKED OL' GREENY FROM OUR 2+ WEEK EVACUATION TODAY AND WAS GOING TO WASH IT UT IT GOT TO LATE IN THE DAY.
(IT HAS NEVER BEEN SO FILTHY. EVER!!!)
WELL, I HEARD A DISTINCT AIRCRAFT FLY OVER MY HOUSE AND SURE ENOUGH THERE IS ANOTHER &!*#%
FIRE TO THE EAST ABOUT 4-5 MILES AWAY SO I PUT SOME (SICK & TIRED OF TRYING TO SAVE CRAP!) OF THE PRECIOUS CRAP BACK IN IT JUST NOW!!!
I AM NOT KIDDING!
YES, I AM SCREAMING VIA THE KEYBOARD!!!
---
Wow, that really did assist my calming down.
Thanks for the rant!
I hope this posts, I am piggybacking on the neighbors sometimes working WIFI.
(MORE BAD WORDS HERE)

(AND HERE!)

(And a heavy sigh to finish this off...)
Plenty of room in Oklahoma for any of you guys in California. Tornadoes only pass through a small portion of the state.

Plenty of room in Oklahoma for any of you guys in California. Tornadoes only pass through a small portion of the state.
My mom's side of the family is from OK.
Broken Bow or Broken Arrow, I can't seem to remember which...
A tornado would be a change a least!

This fire has been put out now. Praise the LORD!
Now back to MOPAR stuff.
I hope to wash my poor car on Sunday...

Rebuild a front carb for my 66 Satellite over last few weeks. Installed the 4139s and removed the 4430s J7 date code 68 carb. Will do adjustment tomorrow. Accelerator pump crapped out so it was time to put the correct carb on.

I got the vapor shields (from Dante's) and the door panels (PUI) installed on the passenger side. I ran out of time, so driver's side will be tomorrow.

20201031_131443.jpg
20201031_180645.jpg

I unpacked it AGAIN and then I washed the thing. What a filthy mess. It had about 2200 miles of evacuation miles on it with a bunch of them on wet gravel detours in the last 5 weeks or so. Now it is shiny and I am no longer feeling negligent nor ashamed anymore.
Except for the interior which is a disaster unto itself...

I unpacked it AGAIN and then I washed the thing. What a filthy mess. It had about 2200 miles of evacuation miles on it with a bunch of them on wet gravel detours in the last 5 weeks or so. Now it is shiny and I am no longer feeling negligent nor ashamed anymore.
Except for the interior which is a disaster unto itself...
Look on the bright side: (a) You can drive it and (b) it did not burn up in the fires.

Having said that, I hope you are able to get back to pleasure only cruising!

Auto Transport Service
Back