• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

I pumped my brake pedal 6 or 8 times held it, my buddy said pump it up again, I did and he said ok hold it, alright pump it up again, and after doing this on all 4 wheels I had something my car hasn’t had in 20 years. BRAKES !!!
25E1AA79-E0D7-4942-A683-222C87EEC8F2.jpeg
B85BDCA7-8247-429A-B52D-A33C1CFFCA31.jpeg
403FDF49-D7DC-4425-B877-D9E7471E5563.jpeg

After cutting the caps for my 340 stroker engine (going in my 73 Road Runner, my first car I ever owned), I finally was able to align hone them to get them to the proper size.

The spec for a 340 main journal is 2.6925" to 2.6930". In other words, only 5 ten thousands of an inch!

I cut the caps until they were about .001" under the minimum spec. I screwed one up and it was under by almost .002". When we align honed them, we kept checking each cap. When any cap reached .0003" under minimum, we loosened the cap so it would not get honed any more. My screwed up cap was the last one to get honed down to about 0.0003". Then they were all about the same and the final honing was completed to get them in spec.

Let me tell you - this is a LOT of work, and I have newfound respect for machine shops that get these things spot on to where they are supposed to be. It is time consuming and very detailed work to get everything perfect!

20210113_141735.jpg

I drove the hell out of it before the storm today, sorry no pics but it was nice!
I did get a bit of rain before i got home but slippery roads remind me of the dirt roads i used to slide down seemingly forever.
how many of you guys did that before these cars where considered valuable?

Vacuumed it. Washed it. Told it what a great old car it is & apologised for leaving it dirty for so long. Yeah, I talk to it.
Then I drove it & let it do the things it likes to do.

Wrapped up the 440 with EFI for my teenage Son's 70 Charger and the mildly built 383 for the 70 Roached Runner.

20201011_185148.jpg

Removed the exhaust tips on the Charger because a PO put the wrong ones on and welded them on even! Tomorrow I'll work on installing the new ones which will need some modification. Could have done it all today but why rush things, I have all winter.:lol:

Put my Satellite back on jack stands. Ready to crawl under it to fix exhaust leak. Might have to cut H-pipe a few inches from flare. Flare did seem right but I'll see.

Auto Transport Service
Back