• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

264363FF-22CC-411A-B3B5-A32B757E5270.jpeg
Took the wife and kids for supper and went for a 40 mile drive. Ended up here. Big blocks sometimes like to drink.

Cut a big hole in a 69 Ply wagon (a lot of damage on that quarter), put it through my plenishing hammer and sorted it out some.
IMG_4080.jpg
IMG_4081.jpg

Added a clutch pedal stop, to try to get more consistent reaction times.
Didn't work out quite the way I planned it, but functional.
IMG_20210703_074250772.jpg

They look ok at first glance.
Happened right on the starting line, and the drive shaft stayed in the transmission.

Well yesterday on the 4th I installed new upper control arms on the Roadrunner. Today I have to tackle the rear end. Finally got the SureGrip put together and today its going in. Also while under there the other annoying thing to fix is the incorrect gas gauge reading. I forgot to mention I also installed the correct speedo gear. Its nice to see the speedometer not bouncing all over the place. It had a 24 tooth whiteish gear now has the correct 33 Yellow. I think it may be a tad off but don't want to buy the 32 tooth one. I used GPS Speed on my phone and it seems the speedo gear is 5mph higher. Better than doing 90 at 55 lol

Well my luck is shitty. Spent a crap ton of money and time this morning installing the sure grip and well, it was a total pile of ****. Spent 150.00 getting it setup and I was sure the guy I got it from said it was good. 489 case 3:23 gears new doctor diff install kit. Put it in gear and no go... It tries but slips real bad. Makes an awful noise. I guess I have to pull the heavy bastard back out and have the clutch packs and inside parts checked out. I told the guy it was good because that's what I was told. So I guess its time to rebuild the clutch style sure grip. Should have done it when the guy who set it up asked me. This is what you get when you trust someone.

On a good note got the fuel sender to read correctly.

BeepBeepRR..... before you pull it try this.
First make sure you put in some posi additive - the Ford stuff is the best.
Next, go find an open parking lot and do about a dozen slow figure 8's, that should do the trick.
The posi additive has to get in between the clutch packs...

BeepBeepRR..... before you pull it try this.
First make sure you put in some posi additive - the Ford stuff is the best.
Next, go find an open parking lot and do about a dozen slow figure 8's, that should do the trick.
The posi additive has to get in between the clutch packs...
I did add some additive. Couldn 't find the Motorcraft around here anywhere opted for something else. Its real bad It hardly wants to move. I will take it down to the cul-de-sac in the neighborhood later when it cools down outside. I'm just a little pissed. It sounded like a horn when putting it into gear also chattered driveshaft was sort of spinning. without the car moving. I just bought a new set of clutches they will be here wednesday.

Last edited:
E8A61945-B01A-4C36-9A8C-7D80C97C9F71.jpeg
Took the car out of the garage and wrenched on a buddies challenger. Mostly stood around admiring the vehicular view

I hooked up my push button shift linkage on my 64 Polara. Now I got to go out and put the trans pan back on. Then I have to extend my downshift rod by ~2" and get that set correctly.

I hooked up my push button shift linkage on my 64 Polara. Now I got to go out and put the trans pan back on. Then I have to extend my downshift rod by ~2" and get that set correctly.

NYS inspection today , and just a ride in my automobile.

Have a list of things to repair, but waiting on this hernia to finish.

Bolted up water neck, fan, alternator brackets,pulleys and installed new pushrods and mounted up the rockers. Fan was a crusty/rusty old flex fan from the 1980's... cleaned up and repainted. Torqued down the dampener bolt.

20210706_110555.jpg
20210708_085558.jpg
20210708_085605.jpg
20210708_085900.jpg
20210708_100508.jpg
20210708_100514.jpg
20210708_100517.jpg
20210708_100525.jpg
20210708_153506.jpg
20210708_153541.jpg

wait with it for the tow

TKO related - feels like the internal knob that moves around the shift rails went limp

Update - looks like the bolts backed out of the handle to shifter area. easy fix but weird that they did. had them tight n loctited

watermelon

38966BF6-D91C-4F81-BB96-9DD703625B7E.jpeg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back