• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

It is a 727 automatic. I checked the fluid, linkages, etc. It does not move nor does it change idle.

Although, now that I am thinking about it...if you hit the gas quickly, just a blip, it seems to lean forward like it wants to go. It doesnt matter what position the shifter is in (prnd123).

Last edited:
Something as simple as a failed sealing ring or o-ring can render a 727 inoperable. I would drop the valve body and perform air checks on the clutches and servos. If they check out okay, then you have low / no hydraulic pressure. The FSM lists a clogged filter, faulty pump or valve body malfunction / leakage as potential causes. There are hydraulic pressure tests that can be used to further diagnose issues, but they require specialized gauges that most guys don’t have in their toolbox. Any repairs other than valve body replacement means the transmission will have to come out…

Saturday removed leaking vacuum booster, installed manual stiffening plate and pushrod. braking again.
In a side note the manual brake master cylinder that I didn’t use has these extra fittings. Can someone enlighten me?

9D12DA9E-78BB-4716-9CB1-15BD9D0B696C.jpeg

I finished the brake plumbing yesterday, so today I moved the car off the lift and and put it on jackstands so I could pull the front wheels and begin the disc brake install.

IMG_20230527_163606612.jpg

IMG_20230528_155520045.jpg

Got my valve springs changed last night and will be installing the valvetrain tonight and lashing the valves. Also need to re-install the front of the engine, motorplate, water pump, alternator, fan etc...
Gus
I bought this tool a few years ago and it's worth every penny.
lsm tool.jpg

Last edited:
Got my valve springs changed last night and will be installing the valvetrain tonight and lashing the valves. Also need to re-install the front of the engine, motorplate, water pump, alternator, fan etc...
Gus
I bought this tool a few years ago and it's worth every penny.
View attachment 1471449
Tell me about this tool. Is it for valve spring R&R while the heads are still on the car? I need to replace the valve stem seals in my 440, but am not wanting to pull the heads off. Where's the tool from, and how many $$?

Tell me about this tool. Is it for valve spring R&R while the heads are still on the car? I need to replace the valve stem seals in my 440, but am not wanting to pull the heads off. Where's the tool from, and how many $$?
Yeah they make spring R&R easy and fast without fighting the lever action of some tools. You can buy it direct from LSM or Summit has them.
They are not cheap at $239 but once you use it you will see why it's expensive.
I just use a leakdown tester to air up the cylinder so the valves won't fall down and you can use both hands to put the locks back on.

Gus

Yeah they make spring R&R easy and fast without fighting the lever action of some tools. You can buy it direct from LSM or Summit has them.
They are not cheap at $239 but once you use it you will see why it's expensive.
I just use a leakdown tester to air up the cylinder so the valves won't fall down and you can use both hands to put the locks back on.

Gus
Does this work with stock rocker arms? I found it online, and it says for use with Jessel Rockers. Im not familiar with them...

Well, not my Mopar, but sooner or later, parts for someone else's Mopar.
Finished up the rebuilding of a pair of 62-76 A body, lower control arms.
Started the rebuilding of a 65-72 A body, Kelsey Hayes, disc brake set up.

Put drums, springs, adjusters, shoes and wheel cylinders on Danielle's (Michelle's daughter) 208k mile Dakota yesterday. Washed my Grand Cherokee. Took the doors of my TJ Wrangler and put the mirrors on instead - getting ready for summer! Nice out working in the yard, but damn it got chilly quick running around the block with no top and no doors!

Got it all cleaned up so Mike can take it out and enjoy it. I have my own set of keys and it lives at my house.. lol.. When he got back it was puking oil from the distributor hole. Turns out the O-Ring on the Hyper spark is too narrow to fill the groove. I took one off his old distributor and put it on the Hyper Spark and it fit way better and 0 leaks. Got to run a camera up through the inspection plate to determine if its a cam plug leak or a rear main. But other than that leak its good to go. I figure I will check out what's going on in the rear of the engine tomorrow. His buddy Mark was over and wondering why Mike was driving it like it was a newborn. He sees me drive it and I hammer on it. If its gonna break its going to do it when I'm driving it.

Added QA1 lower control arms with a 70 Sway Bar. Bolted it under the K-Frame as there was no other choice. We were not sending the QA1's back. Also installed a new radiator old C-Body Radiator had a pin hole leak. And I fixed the speedo cable it was lurching back and forth at speed. Pulled the cable out of the sheath and cleaned it off. Put some graphite in and on the cable and sheath. So now the speedo isnt bouncing. And then just gave the car a good old douching and got it cleaned up. Also I took the headers back off and installed some HP manifolds with TTI down pipes.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back