• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

I have been taking a break from the B bodies for awhile, and finally, after months of work... I completed the 3" chop on my 57 Dodge Club Coupe yesterday. It was my first chop so there was a lot of hand-wringing, head-scratching, and slow progression so that I didn't back myself into a corner, but I still waaay underestimated the time needed to do this. Overall, it was worth it - I learned new stuff, checked off a bucket-list box, and I'm super happy with the result.

chopchop.JPG

You do it very carefully.:lol:Have extra pieces or practice pieces, don't envy you doing that.

How do you cut 3" off of all the glass?
Asking for a blonde friend

Its possible to cut front glass using great care, but not rear. In my case, I tilted the glass inward/downward so the car uses stock front and rear glass and gaskets. Other options to choose from are custom glass ($!) or channeling the glass down into the body and/or up into the roof.

The side glass is flat sheet and can be made to shape at reasonable cost by a glass shop.

What about Lexan? Clean your old glass and lay the Lexan on it and heat from underneath, slowly. Might want to surround it with something to keep heat in. Saw something like that on a Motor Trend program. That would trim easier.

The 54 year old chrome was pitted, oxidized and show it's age. Decided to add some new bling. Added a new gas cap, trim ring, door handles, mirrors, rear bumper, interior door pads and chrome bezels. First thing I have done to the car besides drive it and change the oil since 2007. Lol.
Now it just needs a coming out of storage wash and a good waxing.

20240304_194956.jpg

20240304_195008.jpg

20240304_195015.jpg

20240304_195147.jpg

20240304_195237.jpg

I have been taking a break from the B bodies for awhile, and finally, after months of work... I completed the 3" chop on my 57 Dodge Club Coupe yesterday. It was my first chop so there was a lot of hand-wringing, head-scratching, and slow progression so that I didn't back myself into a corner, but I still waaay underestimated the time needed to do this. Overall, it was worth it - I learned new stuff, checked off a bucket-list box, and I'm super happy with the result.

View attachment 1625274

I love that!!!! ........ X10 because you had the balls to chop it yourself......... I'd like to do an extreme chop/channel before I die

Its possible to cut front glass using great care, but not rear. In my case, I tilted the glass inward/downward so the car uses stock front and rear glass and gaskets. Other options to choose from are custom glass ($!) or channeling the glass down into the body and/or up into the roof.

The side glass is flat sheet and can be made to shape at reasonable cost by a glass shop.
Weren't you bustin my chops for cutting a roof off and then you go and do it yourself?

How do I know that I am not worthy with my measly Road Runner and garage?

When a guy has a beautiful GTX with a garage floor that matches their car!

I do hope if you make it to Carlisle that you'll still share a beer with me and not just hang out with that cranium guy! :drinks:

:luvplace:

My buddy wants to bring a car to Carlisle and asked if I’d be interested in making the trip, if things work out I might have to go. Fair warning…

Toolbox maintenance. Having multiple garage it's easy to get tools sperated. So once a year (around this time.) It's "Tool roundup."

And of course there are always some missing. Especially if you raised boys.

I have two primary sets. The Craftsman is for daily use cars and large box up in house garage. The 2nd is SnapOn. That box is in out building garage. That services my Mopars. My kids know of my pet peeve on tools. Especially the Snapons. But do they always comply?

I still find a missing wrench or two. Everytime. ERRER!!!

Last edited:
Toolbox maintenance. Having multiple garage it's easy to get tools sperated. So once a year (around this time.) It's "Tool roundup."

And of course there are always some missing. Especially if you raised boys.

I have two primary sets. The Craftsman is for daily use cars and large box up in house garage. The 2nd is SnapOn. That box is in out building garage. That services my Mopars. My kids know of my pet peeve on tools. Especially the Snapons. But do they always comply?

I still find a missing wrench or two. Everytime. ERRER!!!
I need to do that myself. I started writing down things that I am missing and have loaned out. I have 14 items written down so far between 5 different buddies. When I borrow something, I always return it when I am through with it. You would think others would do the same.....

I need to do that myself. I started writing down things that I am missing and have loaned out. I have 14 items written down so far between 5 different buddies. When I borrow something, I always return it when I am through with it. You would think others would do the same.....
Ewwww. The "Loan out" My "Buddy's" are worse than my boys. They don't get lower garage tools. But yet somehow it still happens.

reservoir.jpgWhile replacing radiator in a 2002 Jeep I noticed that the coolant overflow bottle would fit in my '71 charger. Used existing hardware so no drilling of new holes. Parts from Rock Auto and McMaster-Carr.

Drove the hotrod to Phoenix this weekend. Went up Friday morning. Unfortunately, I hit rain about 45 minutes into the 2.5 hr trip.
Said,Oh,,,well. Damage was done at that point. So soldered on.

Met up with a buddy of mine and we went to Mecum for the day ( No I didnt buy anything , not even lunch ) I looked a 67 Hemi GTX vert over for potential purchase for a friend of mine., He passed on the car . Car was rough underneath

Then Got up Saturday morning and spent the day at a Mopar show in the north east Phoenix area.

20240308_102537.jpg

20240308_103522.jpg

20240308_102534.jpg

20240309_130657.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back