• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do today....other than work on your car!?

Coffee, then picked up dog xxxx out front and in the yard, sprinkled fabric softener/water mix out front to keep stray dogs away from main entrance, trimmed the hair away from poodles eyes. Trained the doberman a little to weave through a dozen 5-gallon buckets (my home-made agility obstacle).

Polished some chrome on a department-style clothes rack (one of two) that is rusting away with a Dremel tool (would like to hang some clothes on it when completed). Pruned one palm frond from the tallest of three palm trees in the yard (do one leaf a day-about six to go). Watered half a dozen shrubs after the yard became shady. Fueled up the '72 SSP (took 15 gallons)-- that's not "working" on it?

Did some research on the internet to answer some off-the-wall questions that pop into my mind on a daily basis. Watched a youtube demo how to pick different types of locks. Wasn't looking for that but I saw it in the column of films that youtube places on the right side of computer screen.

lock pick.jpeg

Did some running around to pick up material for a closet I'm building tomorrow. Saw one the side of my durango today and it has tar on the door and fender from driving around in Amish country yesterday. I'm cleaning that first thing tomorrow, before the closet. What do you guys think, tar and bug remover?

Did some running around to pick up material for a closet I'm building tomorrow. Saw one the side of my durango today and it has tar on the door and fender from driving around in Amish country yesterday. I'm cleaning that first thing tomorrow, before the closet. What do you guys think, tar and bug remover?

WD-40....

Yard....93 degrees and 95% humidity. If my nuts had nuts, they’d be barking

You're going to clean Amish country?
Btw, where is that?

Been spending over 3 weeks remodeling a bathroom which entailed cutting a hole in the ceiling of my under house garage to replace the tub drain. So had my 64 Plymouth moved to my shop building. Also used the garage as the cutting area for trim, wallboard, and tile, etc. Finally got the bathroom done, so cleaned out the house garage today and got my 64 back into the house where it belongs. Then hooked the battery charger to my stalled Toyota 4runner project that has been setting for a month or so untouched. The darn thing has a drain,and the new battery gets dead as a brick when it sets for a couple weeks. Gotta figure that problem out. Burned two loads of scrap wood, trash and cardboard crap leftover from the work. Then we all went to my Mom's for a nice family Sunday dinner. Been a great day!

Wake up late, ( 8:15) have a hearty breakfast, eggs with chorizo and beans, coffee, wash my wife SUV, then wash my delivery van, and take a bath, today is the birthday of of wife's cousin, and I know she like to make meals so after the shower ( I really stink) dress up for my wife, and made the guacamole and set up the table, one of the thinks was that she warned me about not to be rude with the husband of one of her niece, I borrow him my air compressor six months ago and the prick hasn't returned it to me yet, well of courses I was rude, and she notice it, I eat a nice pasta with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, sower cream and parmesan cheese, couple of beers, rose wine, and for dessert a good pecan pie and a carajillo, ( Expresso coffee and 43 liqueur) gave giggles a good bath with hot water, not too hot of course and for a grand finale put on my pijama and right now am watching Netflix.

Weed & brush eradication. Getting 'ready?' for our new normal of everything burning up around here every year.
Compared house insurance quotes.
Went for another really nice drive in the Charger. I did NOT work on it or any other vehicle so that is ok to mention, right?

Wake up late, ( 8:15) have a hearty breakfast, eggs with chorizo and beans, coffee, wash my wife SUV, then wash my delivery van, and take a bath, today is the birthday of of wife's cousin, and I know she like to make meals so after the shower ( I really stink) dress up for my wife, and made the guacamole and set up the table, one of the thinks was that she warned me about not to be rude with the husband of one of her niece, I borrow him my air compressor six months ago and the prick hasn't returned it to me yet, well of courses I was rude, and she notice it, I eat a nice pasta with chicken, bacon, mushrooms, sower cream and parmesan cheese, couple of beers, rose wine, and for dessert a good pecan pie and a carajillo, ( Expresso coffee and 43 liqueur) gave giggles a good bath with hot water, not too hot of course and for a grand finale put on my pijama and right now am watching Netflix.
That's a full day, my friend!!! Did you get the air compressor back!! :poke:

You're going to clean Amish country?
Btw, where is that?
Got tar down the whole side of my Durango from driving in the back roads in Bowling Green mo. They had a huge auction that the Amish put on. It's outside of Bowling Green on Y, then gravel roads for another 6 or so miles. They live by themselves in a 6 mile square of land that a GPS can hardly find. Very strange place.

That's a full day, my friend!!! Did you get the air compressor back!! :poke:
Noup, today, the morning fight with my wife was about my compressor, because she loves her niece very much she's ashamed to ask him for it, I already ask him in a polite way, but no answer, nothing, we are all mechanical inclined here, and we all know how much we hate to borrow tools to idiots that doesn't know how to use them, but stupid me I did borrow him the compressor, and even worst I hate people who seat on the stuff you lend them, am tired of being rude in my life, my wife promise me to get my tool back this week, in time, for tar, in my own experience use car wax with carnauba, several layers of wax.

Do you get the medicine for your dog, big brother :poke: @Hey-O
You know I did!! She's very important to my wife and I. I would do anything to make sure that she is comfortable. She's very spoiled and pampered and deserves it. You would do the same thing!! Be safe, little brother... :poke:

Got tar down the whole side of my Durango from driving in the back roads in Bowling Green mo. They had a huge auction that the Amish put on. It's outside of Bowling Green on Y, then gravel roads for another 6 or so miles. They live by themselves in a 6 mile square of land that a GPS can hardly find. Very strange place.

I'm sure you've seen the Amish in their horse and buggy's on those back roads haven't you? Well, it just might "not" be tar all down the whole side of your Durango! Just something for you to ponder. :rolleyes:

Auto Transport Service
Back