• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What would you pay for this 440 & parts?

RockyPat

Local time
4:06 AM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I found this 440 & parts bundle online for sale that supposedly came out of a 1974 Charger with a cast crank.

What would you guys pay for the bundle considering its dissembled and the production year?

Thanks

00M0M_9YPQud2w8UPz_0CI0hq_1200x900.jpg

01010_eNAYv281HCzz_0CI0hq_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_dPa8NgEvkmuz_0CI0hq_1200x900.jpg

01616_3EOmmDdWmUoz_0hq0CI_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_3jsKvfIwj8az_0hq0CI_1200x900.jpg

00p0p_l387RibIue2z_0hq0CI_1200x900.jpg

00S0S_gY7qVuUfgj3z_0hq0CI_1200x900.jpg

00r0r_cNEUKOK5EhXz_0hq0CI_1200x900.jpg

$1000? More ?
There's a lot of sellable goodies there

As a bundle $750-$1000. You mentioned nothing about the block condition, head numbers, etc. You are taking the good with the bad. Individual parts in known condition bring more. Your taking the chance.

Depends if the block is standard or not.
Maybe 150-200 on the block depending
100 on the trani and 150 on everything else.

So $400-450

Don’t get too carried away. It’s just a bunch of greasy worn out old parts

All condition dependent..but at best,
Block- $250-$500
727 core- $150-$200
Holley Carb(3310?)- $150
Torker II intake- $100
Headers- $100
Factory intake- $75
M/T valve covers- $100 if clean and not cracked
Moroso valve covers- $50 if clean and not bent
Oil pan- $50 depending on part#, some are more sought after than others
Steel windage tray- $20

The rest of it is junk and you would probably have a tough time giving it away.
People love to say "ooh look an original starter" or "hey here's a set of factory manifolds!" but when it comes to actually paying for it, they won't.
*On a brighter note, recycling prices are through the roof at the moment...

Good point on the oil pan, if it's a 971 you can sell that here all day long

All condition dependent..but at best,
Block- $250-$500
727 core- $150-$200
Holley Carb(3310?)- $150
Torker II intake- $100
Headers- $100
Factory intake- $75
M/T valve covers- $100 if clean and not cracked
Moroso valve covers- $50 if clean and not bent
Oil pan- $50 depending on part#, some are more sought after than others
Steel windage tray- $20
distributor
motor mounts
trans mounts
2 water pump housings
cast crank balancer
stuff in boxes.. (clevite bearings? etc)

Depends if the block is standard or not.
Maybe 150-200 on the block depending
100 on the trani and 150 on everything else.

So $400-450

Don’t get too carried away. It’s just a bunch of greasy worn out old parts
This

Get pics of those ears.....if anything on the block if iffy.....no way.

As a bundle $750-$1000. You mentioned nothing about the block condition, head numbers, etc. You are taking the good with the bad. Individual parts in known condition bring more. Your taking the chance.

You are right Jerry. I asked the seller right now for more pictures of the block like Durandal advised and for cast numbers of the heads.

I can see both sides of the spectrum. There are a lot of parts that could be worth some money, but at the same time they are all old and greasy.

Anyone think a 74 Charger cast crank 440 would be a good builder? Depending on condition of course. I would like to use the stock rotating assembly if possible.

I can see both sides of the spectrum. There are a lot of parts that could be worth some money, but at the same time they are all old and greasy.

Anyone think a 74 Charger cast crank 440 would be a good builder? Depending on condition of course. I would like to use the stock rotating assembly if possible.
The cast crank will be just fine for a stock or slightly modified build. Old and greasy is in the eye of the beholder. Would they be worth more if old and clean? To me there is a lot of good in that pile.

The cast crank will be just fine for a stock or slightly modified build. Old and greasy is in the eye of the beholder. Would they be worth more if old and clean? To me there is a lot of good in that pile.

Thanks for the information pnora.

I do agree with you. The parts could be cleaned up and some people might like them enough to buy them.

You are right Jerry. I asked the seller right now for more pictures of the block like Durandal advised and for cast numbers of the heads.
There are a lot of worthless parts there that add to the bulk. Flex fans $5-$10 bucks if you are lucky, log manifolds, scrap iron, etc. Off hand core block, and transmission, aluminum intake, are what you are buying and may keep. The crank is a toss up, but looks great but remember that's just a picture.
Just don't get sucked in and pay to much. I can go on, but it is a bulk purchase.

Looks like the crank was polished, might be able to do a hone+rering
Never actually seen a broken cast crank, but have made a 3 piece out of a forged..

Auto Transport Service
Back