• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

yellow jackets......

I hate them Mo_fos...

I got stung a bunch of times as a kid on Mt. Diablo
my sister kicked a hive accidentally & she got swarmed
& like 200 stings
I got like 20 maybe trying to get here out of there

I get the eebby jeebys still, thinking about that

they make some good commercial traps & they work
like a one-way entrance in a bottle you hang up

Wish you lots of luck!

I mowed over a nest a couple of weeks ago. I'm mowing along and all of a sudden the side of my left hand started burning. I looked at my hand and there was one of those small yellow jackets stinging the crap out of me. He flew off but that pain didn't dissipate until 10:00 that night. I've never had one hurt that bad.

I took a half full coffee can of gas out there and poured it in the hole. No sign of them the next day. Little bastards!

I hit a nest 1 day before going to the Nationals. 7 got me in one leg/ankle and 2 in the other…. SO swollen I did not know if I was going to be able to walk the next day… Put my feet in a bucket of ice for a minute at a time, took Benadryl and the next day all the swelling was gone!! Just itched like a bitch.

Poured gas down the hole the next day, it was very satisfying.

I cant see the nest, they are in one of my piles of crap......... I just dusted the entire area heavily, we'll see tomorrow if I wasted my effort or not

with no action at dusk, I was able to get pretty close......seemed a little too easy

I'm getting brave in my old age

A beneficial insect species. I just wish they would be beneficial somewhere else!

the giant yellow hornets that have harassed me at night in the shop for years are non-existent this year

1693526953359.png

I cant see the nest, they are in one of my piles of crap......... I just dusted the entire area heavily, we'll see tomorrow if I wasted my effort or not

with no action at dusk, I was able to get pretty close......seemed a little too easy

I'm getting brave in my old age

the giant yellow hornets that have harassed me at night in the shop for years are non-existent this year
Had one of those follow me in the house last week. I think you are talking about European Hornets. I made sure I killed that one BEFORE we went to sleep. They are aggressive 24hrs a day.

Evil little satans' spawns....
They may be beneficial, but they're from the 'hood, man - when they come after you, they'll
ALL eventually be on the way, too. Damn hoodlums.

A few times a year, I spray growth killer along the fence lines and around buildings and such.
A nice side benefit of that stuff is apparently it keeps them from building nests in those areas -
they LOVE fence lines, for example.

There's no co-existence with me and them - if I find a nest, it's going to roast like a mini-volcano.

I wasted money on a can of spray for them and they just shook it off. I went to different store and got more spray for early the next morning, before they got active. To my surprise, something had got to the nest and dug up all the hives and sucked all the larva out. Thinking it might have been an Armadillo.

I had a couple in my shop at the last place I lived. Had my doors open at night and these two came flying in, bouncing all over the place. I walked over to the light switch and turned them off. All was quiet. Turned the lights back on and they were on the floor. Flew right back up bouncing all over again. Turned off the lights, same thing. I left the doors open and went to bed.

Only bee that I know of that's attracted to lights at night. :screwy:

Auto Transport Service
Back