• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Source Stealth Cylinder Heads

Absolutely, it has 1.5 roller rockers from 440s as well I was thinking of picking Harland sharp or comp cam set for the Toth heads. I priced up all the comp cam upgrades for the stealth heads and it was around $500 for those, can't seem to get my racer buddy to give a approx. price for working them if I went that way assuming about $1000-1500 depending. which puts another$1500-2000 into already $1000+ heads(rockers, shafts, spacers) totaling about $3k thereabouts compare that to a set of done up heads from everywhere else. Or I might just keep the shaft and rockers and just go with it don't know yet will be awhile before any of this happens for me.

I am seriously reconsidering a set of these in lieu of having the stealths worked price is the same I would imagine.

bigman, If you do decided to go that route could a man get a great deal on your Stealth heads?

Since we're talking about Chinese heads, there's a guy at Carlisle that sells cnc procomp heads (knock off Victors). I talked to him for half an hour last time I saw him - he can do a cnc'd set with Ferrea valves and comp locks and retainers for like $1600 if I recall.

Since we're talking about Chinese heads, there's a guy at Carlisle that sells cnc procomp heads (knock off Victors). I talked to him for half an hour last time I saw him - he can do a cnc'd set with Ferrea valves and comp locks and retainers for like $1600 if I recall.

then you need offset intake rockers.

then you need offset intake rockers.

True, that and needing special headers are big reason I didn't go with them, besides they'd be too much head for my purposes. but since you guys are talking about some serious head work, I thought I'd throw it out there.

I built a budget drag race engine 5 years ago, stealth cnc heads, roller cam, roller rockers, etc..etc.. 638hp, race 4 times a year, not very much....lots of burn outs in driveway....all good so far!!

Good thread. Anyone ever try the Edelbrock E-Street heads?A little pricey for my budget(compared to Stealths), but i like the smaller chamber volume. Was all set to buy a set of Stealths. But i'm having trouble getting feedback from 440 Source. Was just trying to see whether they'd assemble the heads with springs/retainers/etc that i specify rather than their standard build. Hope that's not indicative of their customer service.

Good thread. Anyone ever try the Edelbrock E-Street heads?A little pricey for my budget(compared to Stealths), but i like the smaller chamber volume. Was all set to buy a set of Stealths. But i'm having trouble getting feedback from 440 Source. Was just trying to see whether they'd assemble the heads with springs/retainers/etc that i specify rather than their standard build. Hope that's not indicative of their customer service.

Interesting, I've bought a bunch of things from them over the years and never had a problem with customer service. I have their water pump & housing, oil pan, heads, bought a bunch of gaskets from them as well as misc items I can't even recall. They've always answered my questions and their products have always been high quality.

Good to know. Maybe it was a busy day for them and my note got lost in the mix. I sent them all the specs on my cam and the springs i intend to use. Crickets have been chirping for 2 weeks. Sent them another ping this morning. Thanks for the feedback.

I have looked into the Sidewinder-CPPA-Don Garlits-Toth heads but I like the smaller combustion chamber of the Stealth and they are closer in cc volume to my 78cc 915's. Stealth says theirs are at 80cc's as opposed to the Sidewinders measuring at 84cc's. I also like the straight spark plug location as opposed to Sidewinder's angled spark plug hole. I'm not needing mega flow heads at this time.

The stock/straight plug location was a big factor of why I went with the stealths as well.

The stock/straight plug location was a big factor of why I went with the stealths as well.

All of these details play a big part as to why I chose them - no other head offers the performance plus the use of stock components that the Stealth heads offer. I painted mine engine color just to mess with people at car shows. Haha, it's really not fair, unless you're really paying attention, they look pretty much just like 906's.

I'm going to revive this old thread to learn if anyone's opinion has changed on the 440 Source Stealth heads. Money plays a part in why I'm leaning toward them along with the straight plug and combustion chamber volume. My 915's have served me well for 18 years but the notion of losing 50 lbs off the front end and the extra 30 cfm is really appealing. I'm not doing a complete engine build as I am only looking to replace the heads. I will not be looking for port work at this time either. Again, has anyone recently went with the Source heads and, if so, what do you think? Thanks!

440-6, stealth heads (stock except for upgraded retainers/locks), 10.5:1 CR, Lunati 60303, SRP flat tops, SCAT H beam rods, 480HP @ 5Krpm. Heads checked out perfect with machine shop (always do this). Love the stock look.

Running on the test stand...

sImpressive! Checked good right out of the box except for locks and retainers. I was beginning to believe it couldn't happen. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
We have the aluminum big block heads available come ready to bolt on 2.14 and 1.81 stainless valves 10 degree locks with moly retainers and dual valve springs for .550 lift flat tappet cams. They flow 260 cfm at .600 lift out of the box. with porting to your needs available all for $1495.00

Have a set of them been running them 2 years. Ported to match intake, cleaned up bowls and knocked off all edges inside ports. Checked valves for leaks had 2 that would leak so lapped in all valves, I would recomend this on all bought heads. Changed to 10 degree keepers and decked heads. You will find out the hard way if you don't check new stuff not just stealth. Comp roller hyd 10:1 93 octane 460 hp 520fpt.

High Vacuum Street Build with good manners
440 - .030 over with 440source 4.25 stroke (505 CID), 10:1 Comp, Lunati 60302 Flat Tap "Kitten Cam"
Early "First Run" Stealth Heads, stock chambers, 10 degree locks, port matched intake.

DYNO.png

5056PKCRV.jpg

Last edited:
MY PLAN IS- 383 stroker 496ci stock looking as much as possible that's why I am leaning towards the stealth heads. Looks stock & light weight

Auto Transport Service
Back