• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Source Stealth Cylinder Heads

I got TF240 from 440 source and let me tell you that I got better than 1st class service from Kim and Brandon. Buy from them. They helped throughout the purchase. I had a set of 440 source and they were great. I then got a set of TF to put onto my 451 and they were better performing heads but at the same time more than double the price when you factored in the pushrods, bolts , header mods needed. 451 pump gas 10.75 comp eddy perf intake and a comp XL285 cam. Just past 600hp and 625TQ very nice street motor. I could imagine if I did a 470 or even a 512. It would be killer on the street and track. Good luck on your purchase
This airflow for the Trick Flow 240 appears to be the biggest load of crap I have seen in a long time. Have you got a link to this reported 240 airflow? I've never tested a CNC'd Stealth that high or a TF 240 that low. I have the TF 240 at 330+ cfm and the CNC's Stealths @ no more than 320. I have ported the Stealths to 350 cfm but have never tried to port the TF240.

I have a set on both my 440 and 451. Neither had any port work done and they suit my needs just fine. Just mild builds though 488hp - 543ft.lbs, and 544hp - 549ft.lbs. respectfully.
@fratzog lover, are you disagreeing with me that I own 2 sets of these heads or something else that I should know about?

@fratzog lover, are you disagreeing with me that I own 2 sets of these heads or something else that I should know about?
Did I hit disagree? What post, I dont see it. Didnt mean to. I will say that my left keyboard on my laptop is broken ( no q/w/a/s/z/x) so I have an old Dell keyboard plugged in which can type in stuff when you pick the contraption up and move it!

Last edited:
I have a set on both my 440 and 451. Neither had any port work done and they suit my needs just fine. Just mild builds though 488hp - 543ft.lbs, and 544hp - 549ft.lbs. respectfully.
Found it and undid it. Musta been a big unintentional thumb. Having 2 keyboards is a bit clumsy!

Found it and undid it. Musta been a big unintentional thumb. Having 2 keyboards is a bit clumsy!
Lol. Not that I don't deserve it somerimes, but couldn't figure out why in that post.

You have never seen the Stealth's over 320? But the you state "you have ported them to 350?
This airflow for the Trick Flow 240 appears to be the biggest load of crap I have seen in a long time. Have you got a link to this reported 240 airflow? I've never tested a CNC'd Stealth that high or a TF 240 that low. I have the TF 240 at 330+ cfm and the CNC's Stealths @ no more than 320. I have ported the Stealths to 350 cfm but have never tried to port the TF240.
I said, "I've never tested a CNC'd Stealth that high....." Can we hand port them better than that? Oh, you bet we can!

Last edited:
What type of orifice plate did they use? Because, I can change the airflow at .500" some 90 cfm, depending upon the plate radius, or if there was no plate at all. And a clay radius is a fool's errand. You cannot take it off one head and switch it to another port or cylinder head without changing the flow characteristics.

Last edited:
is it even fair to compare the stealths against the tf 240’s? My first thought would be no, made in China vs made in USA. A failure can happen to any part but I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.

is it even fair to compare the stealths against the tf 240’s? My first thought would be no, made in China vs made in USA. A failure can happen to any part but I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for.
I flowed both and got a substantial difference with the TF240's. It is what it is. The Stealths are great head for the price and can be made I suppose by the likes of IQ52 and others to work well. I took the TF240's just removed the ribs from the CNC because there was terrible turbulence and that fixed that, The proof is in the pudding so to speak I posted the #'s earlier got over 600 on a pump gas 451 and had more room to go.

The Trick Flow 240 is an excellent head and will flow better than any CNC'd Stealth I've seen. To think that the 240 won't flow as well as the AFR 1388 2.02/1.60 heads we are using on a 347 Windsor Ford is silly.

http://www.airflowresearch.com/185cc-sbf-street-cylinder-head/

Note, that below the AFR 1388 airflow figures, they used a 3/4" radius plate on the intake and a 1-3/4" diameter curved pipe on the exhaust.

I've had enough cylinder heads on our flowbench to know when BS is flying around.

The Stealth head is an entry level head and will perform well when service prepped and used as a stock replacement. It is nowhere the quality and value of the Trick Flow 240 head. Progress marches on fellas.

Last edited:
I flowed both and got a substantial difference with the TF240's. It is what it is. The Stealths are great head for the price and can be made I suppose by the likes of IQ52 and others to work well. I took the TF240's just removed the ribs from the CNC because there was terrible turbulence and that fixed that, The proof is in the pudding so to speak I posted the #'s earlier got over 600 on a pump gas 451 and had more room to go.
Thought the ribs were there for that reason to mix fuel for better burn, flow is not everything that makes HP.

I said, "I've never tested a CNC'd Stealth that high....." Can we hand port them better than that? Oh, you bet we can!
Sorry I read it wrong. 350cfm is very good. No telling what you can do the TF270's.
Impressive

Thought the ribs were there for that reason to mix fuel for better burn, flow is not everything that makes HP.
You are correct Sir. I always thought polish exhaust ports slick but not intakes? but I am old and stuff changes.

Auto Transport Service
Back