• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

440 Source Stealth Cylinder Heads

MY PLAN IS- 383 stroker 496ci stock looking as much as possible that's why I am leaning towards the stealth heads. Looks stock & light weight
raised port cnc`d procomp victor knock offs, w/ compcams retainers and keepers. springs checked and set for .628 lift solid roller, 75 cc, flow 352 @.0600 .
they do require offset intake rockers, and have to have pushrod clearancing as the cnc doesn`t quite get that part right. read= PAIN IN THE *** IN AN A BODY. and they only are 6 pounds lighter than a set of 915 heads. but does it come alive when the convertor locks up ! angled plug, clears headers great. changing plugs is a bitch in an A body too. would be vastly better in a B body I`d think. 440/505" 68 barracuda w/ sticky tires- here kitty kitty kitty. LOL

raised port cnc`d procomp victor knock offs, w/ compcams retainers and keepers. springs checked and set for .628 lift solid roller, 75 cc, flow 352 @.0600 .
they do require offset intake rockers, and have to have pushrod clearancing as the cnc doesn`t quite get that part right. read= PAIN IN THE *** IN AN A BODY. and they only are 6 pounds lighter than a set of 915 heads. but does it come alive when the convertor locks up ! angled plug, clears headers great. changing plugs is a bitch in an A body too. would be vastly better in a B body I`d think. 440/505" 68 barracuda w/ sticky tires- here kitty kitty kitty. LOL
I didn't think the 440 source stealth heads didn't have the offset rockers & had the straight plug

I didn't think the 440 source stealth heads didn't have the offset rockers & had the straight plug

He is telling us all about his NON 440 source heads, regular 440 source stealth heads use stock offset rockers & straight spark plugs,,,Super Stealth's have the .650 offset intake rockers & straight plugs.

He is telling us all about his NON 440 source heads, regular 440 source stealth heads use stock offset rockers & straight spark plugs,,,Super Stealth's have the .650 offset intake rockers & straight plugs.
O my bad

I have a 400/512 stroker w/modern cyl. head cnc stealth heads. 10.4 compression, comp cams hyd. roller 576/608 lift 240-250 at 050 lift. Edelbrock performer rpm intake w/950 quick fuel carb dyno'ed 660hp at 5700rpm 707ft.# torque at 4400, bolted heads on out of box no problems. 3/8 push rods clear w/1.6 Hughes rockers. High velocity ports flat wide torque band. 69 Charger has air/power weighs 4000# w, my big ***, 355 gears
runs low elevens on drag radials out the tailpipes with pump gas, 2000$ you
can't go wrong

Congrats! That is stout for sure!!! However, I started this thread before Trick Flow's became available for big block Mopars. I'm saving up for those and no longer consider the 440 Source heads an option for myself.

Last edited:
Congrats! That is stout for sure!!! However, I started this thread before Trick Flow's became available for big block Mopars. I'm saving up for those and no longer consider the 440 Source heads an option for myself.
I already had new rockers, pushrods and Hooker comp headers. To run Trickflow's you need special headers for angle plugs, different length pushrods, longer rockers and longer head bolts. I did have to change v.springs and retainers for the roller cam
on the Stealth's

i just recieved my stage 2's from 440 source . they set up the springs i needed for my cam specs . the quality looks
DSC00128.JPG
DSC00129.JPG
DSC00132.JPG
DSC00133.JPG
DSC00134.JPG
great . i'm do to disassemble them to check them out . but i thing i won't even have to port them for this build . thumbs up on these strealth replacement heads .

I already had new rockers, pushrods and Hooker comp headers. To run Trickflow's you need special headers for angle plugs, different length pushrods, longer rockers and longer head bolts. I did have to change v.springs and retainers for the roller cam
on the Stealth's
All are reasons as to why I'm still saving up. Good luck with your Mopar!!!

on the Stealth's

Attachments

• image2018-03-08-162700 stealth cnc.pdf
    18.7 KB · Views: 223
All are reasons as to why I'm still saving up. Good luck with your Mopar!!!
Muscle motors and Modern cylinder Head both flowed the Trick f. 240's got 290 and 296 on intakes. save your money,
CNC'd Stealth's flowed on same bench 329. Past quality problem's have been solved. MCH has since ported hundreds of Stealths with no problems. I'd like to see the MCH port heads flowed on Trick Flows bench?

i just recieved my stage 2's from 440 source . they set up the springs i needed for my cam specs . the quality looksView attachment 580160 View attachment 580162 View attachment 580163 View attachment 580166 View attachment 580167 great . i'm do to disassemble them to check them out . but i thing i won't even have to port them for this build . thumbs up on these strealth replacement heads .

What is the Stage 2?

I have a set of Stealths on my 440 and for the money they are great. I did replace the springs and locks due to my cam but they were very nice out of the box. I cleaned up the pockets and casting and that was it. For me it was a matter of money. I would have loved to get the TFs but at twice the cost I figured these will fit the bill as I wasn't planning anything above and beyond 500 h.p.

stage 1's were , now its stage 2's . some improvements to port ramping . they use longer valves then stock . i'm doing a custom ground hyd roller , so i had the cam grinder just with them for the best package . after all they work together , with the intake we pick out . its all in at 5500 . its all going in a 70 dart project as a driver . should be a fun car , lol .

Muscle motors and Modern cylinder Head both flowed the Trick f. 240's got 290 and 296 on intakes. save your money,
CNC'd Stealth's flowed on same bench 329. Past quality problem's have been solved. MCH has since ported hundreds of Stealths with no problems. I'd like to see the MCH port heads flowed on Trick Flows bench?

I got TF240 from 440 source and let me tell you that I got better than 1st class service from Kim and Brandon. Buy from them. They helped throughout the purchase. I had a set of 440 source and they were great. I then got a set of TF to put onto my 451 and they were better performing heads but at the same time more than double the price when you factored in the pushrods, bolts , header mods needed. 451 pump gas 10.75 comp eddy perf intake and a comp XL285 cam. Just past 600hp and 625TQ very nice street motor. I could imagine if I did a 470 or even a 512. It would be killer on the street and track. Good luck on your purchase

This airflow for the Trick Flow 240 appears to be the biggest load of crap I have seen in a long time. Have you got a link to this reported 240 airflow? I've never tested a CNC'd Stealth that high or a TF 240 that low. I have the TF 240 at 330+ cfm and the CNC's Stealths @ no more than 320. I have ported the Stealths to 350 cfm but have never tried to port the TF240.

Last edited:
This airflow for the Trick Flow 240 appears to be the biggest load of crap I have seen in a long time. Have you got a link to this reported 240 airflow. I've never tested a CNC'd Stealth that high or a TF 240 that low. I have the TF 240 at 330+ cfm and the CNC's Stealths @ no more than 320. I have ported the Stealths to 350 cfm but have never tried to port the TF240.
My thoughts exactly. Thanks for posting!!!

I got TF240 from 440 source and let me tell you that I got better than 1st class service from Kim and Brandon. Buy from them. They helped throughout the purchase. I had a set of 440 source and they were great. I then got a set of TF to put onto my 451 and they were better performing heads but at the same time more than double the price when you factored in the pushrods, bolts , header mods needed. 451 pump gas 10.75 comp eddy perf intake and a comp XL285 cam. Just past 600hp and 625TQ very nice street motor. I could imagine if I did a 470 or even a 512. It would be killer on the street and track. Good luck on your purchase
Forgot to include Dyno sheet:
Capture.JPG

if it were me and i wanted stealths then i would have them sent directly to dwayne porter of porter racing heads in south burlington vermont. if one is going to jump thru the alum head hoop then make it worthwhile. i think edelbrocks are $1600+ now, trick flows $2000. i'm certain sidewinders are cheaper than edelbrocks. i wasn't overly impressed with the edelbrock rpms i bought a couple of years ago. to bring them up to advertised specs i probably would have had $2000 in them. the costs of all this drove me back to iron heads, and the only thing i race anymore is a lawn chair.
I reading your thread with your answer on my mind! Dwayne can put your whole top end speced out for your combo.Cam,lifters,heads and porting or just port matching.Any questions on all the available heads,he has worked on them! Buy from him,Worth the call and his price is competitive and tech is best!

Auto Transport Service
Back