• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Am I the only person in the world to not care about Game of Thrones?

Other half had it on yesterday for hours. Who the hell can watch that crap. Unreal. Chopping up skeletons and drowning dragons. WTH.

I thought it was a game for kids . LOL heard of it never seen it.
I like U tube more each day, mopar stuff to who laid the chunk, plus Johnny Carson episodes.

I watched it. Plenty of girls showing how pretty they are. About the only reason to watch it

I was told it is full of naked guys mostly!
So never watched it nor will i !

Hmmm....
The show does not interest me at all either. ZERO interest. I do recall a few years ago when The Walking Dead was getting a lot of media attention. I loved that. I've been a fan of that show from early on.
I see trends rise and fall and wonder why some people get so worked up and excited. Remember the Pet Rock? Pokemon cards ? Pogs ?
Pokemon cards are still going strong ! The kids around here all play it ! They trade and fight each other ! They play it on there phones too!
Go figure ! I remember when playboy was a thing ! Now it's just he-shes

I must be getting old.
I always loved "B" movies in the old days - the cheesier, the better for a Friday night
pizza and beer get together with friends of like mind.
The worse the flick was, the funnier we found it to be. Good times...
Blame MST2K (Mystery Science Theater 2000, the old TV show where the hosts mocked
bad movies), I guess.
I still dig Bruce Campbell stuff. The TROMA bunch were always good for that sort of thing, too,
because they always did their stuff with a sense of humor, like they were in on the joke, too.

These days, I'm more into well-written stuff. Thought-provoking story telling.
Instead, all they seem to crank out anymore (because it's what sells, of course) is all this
shallow, mindless pablum, mostly based on some make-believe critters or characters.
Well, I'm over all that Harry Potter/Dungeons N Dragons/werewolf/vampire/zombie/superhero/CGI crap,
I really am.
It doesn't seem like they spend more than five minutes writing any of that and instead rely on
the glittery, flashy, loud stuff to sell the show. The kids eat it all up, after all.
It's all very low brow and to be perfectly honest, very insulting to the intelligence of the audience.
Pass....

Give me a well-written, well thought out story every time. It doesn't actually have to be from a true
story, but it should at least be credible and compelling.
There's some really good series that have come along, with great writing and acting.
Justified was one. Hell on Wheels another. Whether you liked the subject matter or not, Breaking Bad
and Better Call Saul were/are extremely well done shows.
We're keeping up with some now thanks to Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Bosch is one with very well developed characters and deep, thought provoking writing.
Fargo, both the movie and the series. Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton.
The list goes on.

I must be getting old.
I always loved "B" movies in the old days - the cheesier, the better for a Friday night
pizza and beer get together with friends of like mind.
The worse the flick was, the funnier we found it to be. Good times...
Blame MST2K (Mystery Science Theater 2000, the old TV show where the hosts mocked
bad movies), I guess.
I still dig Bruce Campbell stuff. The TROMA bunch were always good for that sort of thing, too,
because they always did their stuff with a sense of humor, like they were in on the joke, too.

These days, I'm more into well-written stuff. Thought-provoking story telling.
Instead, all they seem to crank out anymore (because it's what sells, of course) is all this
shallow, mindless pablum, mostly based on some make-believe critters or characters.
Well, I'm over all that Harry Potter/Dungeons N Dragons/werewolf/vampire/zombie/superhero/CGI crap,
I really am.
It doesn't seem like they spend more than five minutes writing any of that and instead rely on
the glittery, flashy, loud stuff to sell the show. The kids eat it all up, after all.
It's all very low brow and to be perfectly honest, very insulting to the intelligence of the audience.
Pass....

Give me a well-written, well thought out story every time. It doesn't actually have to be from a true
story, but it should at least be credible and compelling.
There's some really good series that have come along, with great writing and acting.
Justified was one. Hell on Wheels another. Whether you liked the subject matter or not, Breaking Bad
and Better Call Saul were/are extremely well done shows.
We're keeping up with some now thanks to Netflix and Amazon Prime.
Bosch is one with very well developed characters and deep, thought provoking writing.
Fargo, both the movie and the series. Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton.
The list goes on.

Game of Thrones is an extremely well written story. It has an enormous amount of plot twists and different story lines woven together. It's actually a series of very long novels that's been turned into a tv show. I started reading them back in the late nineties. I remember being mocked for reading a book "bigger than the bible" by someone who is now a huge fan of the show... While the show has stayed fairly true to the books, they left out a large amount of stuff and a couple seasons ago they actually got past the point in the story that has been published by the author. Apparently he gave them a copy of the overall plotline to work off of.

Anyway, obviously you're entitled to your own opinion and it's fine if you don't enjoy epic fantasy type stories. I wouldn't expect most of the mopar guys here to be into that sort of thing. However, don't insult something as not being "well written" or "well thought out story" when you haven't read it and don't know what you're talking about.

Dont care to spend hours in front of a tv unless it's a hockey, baseball, concert or car show and hockey or a concert is about the only thing that will keep me there the whole time.

Unless there is a throne in my garage to play with, never watched it or cared to. To much mindless **** on tv nowadays. These reality shows........get real......they are so far from reality and these kids eat this **** up and believe in it! I'll take Hockey, John Wayne and the 50's & 60's sci-fi movies.:D

Can I climb to the top of the list of "what is it " and "I don't give a rat's ***" ? The only throne I care about is the porcelain one.

Did someone say thrones?

139206.jpg

7f45d357db0ebb1ca4475a1c20b831ae.jpg

377f0af8a79c613850ebe63e612e08a2.jpg

scanroyaltoilet.jpg

Throne-CR.jpg

Watch enough TV without watching more....nope, never have watched GOT

Everyone has their own set of interests, their own type of entertainment. Some like to read epic fantasy tales or other genres as well. I like to read, always have, the GOT books are epic in scope and cover a load of events and wide ranging plots that intertwine and work off of each other across the length and breadth of the books. While reading the series I took awhile to do it, took breaks from it to do other things, Mopar, and stuff. I find that it's a release valve for stress to do some mindless reading or watching of the film version of the books I have read. The show is not for everyone, of course, however it IS well written and acted/cast. The sets and locations are spectacular in they're own right, the costuming and gear are well thought out and fit well within the story. IMHO spending an hour each week in front of the device of your choosing to watch a highly regarded worldwide sensation of a show is not too much of a distraction from everyday manly pursuits. Lots of heroes and villains of both genders, lots of nudity, lots of blood and gore sword fights and epic battles. So, yes I have read the books and am watching the series when I have time. IMHO it's a worthwhile piece of entertainment for all of the above reasons.

Auto Transport Service
Back