• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ammeter Bypass question

70rr-brian

Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
70 roadrunner....

If I run an 8 gauge wire from the alt (batt post) to the starter relay (batt post) with a 12 gauge 30 amp fusible link. Then another 8 gauge wire from the starter relay (batt post) to the positive battery terminal again with a 12 gauge 30 amp fusible link I should be good?

This large wire will render the existing ammeter loop useless since the electricity will take the path of least resistance?

Thanks

Don't to trace the wires through the firewall to the amp meter. You can connect the wires and take the amp meter totally out of the loop.

Don't to trace the wires through the firewall to the amp meter. You can connect the wires and take the amp meter totally out of the loop.

Yeah that's how it is now... I was just trying to cut down as much as possible flowing through the bulkhead.

Auto Transport Service
Back