• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Any Good Movies You Guys Like?

yes.
also sober when i clicked this movie,
thinking i was gonna mess w my friend who hates disney movies.
only,this turned out to be Not a disney movie and we spent the next hour n a half watching this crazy flick.
perhaps youll enjoy this one more.:poke:

Most anything with Cagney guaranteed you got your money's worth.
Yankee Doodle Dandy is a great story of Geo Cohan. Carney even emulated Cohan's stiff legged dancing style.
The scene in which he visits the White House and dances down the steps was done on the spur of the moment and he doesn't even look at the stairs.
Many of the old gangster/gun moll/film noir movies were great, if not predictable.
I don't think I saw Casablanca or To Have and Have Not mentioned.
She Wore a Yellow Ribbon
Fort Apache
Any of the big John Ford westerns
Regarding The Searchers, Ford and Wayne worked together a lot.
After making the movie, Ford was asked about Wayne's performance and quipped, "I never knew the son of a bitch could act".
The Caine Mutiny
Mutiny on the Bounty-Laughton and Gable
Enough for now.

"Eat My Dust" with Ron Howard? Haven't seen it.
Goofs
One of the police cars is an AMC Matador, but it changes back and forth to a 1972 Plymouth Satellite during a chase scene.

I don't see it listed, so I'll toss out my personal favorite of all time:
No Country for Old Men
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477348/?ref_=ttpl_pl_tt
Probably the best Coen brothers movie (yes, including Fargo).
Won four Oscars, should have won more.
Sooooo much going on in this one on so many levels....
A good one for those who want to engage their brains whilst watching movie magic.
Admit I haven't see it but every movie I have spent money on and seen that has all the cartoon ( computer) special effect I have not liked. Mr. Hanks has been in a lot of Great stuff, but this is - to me- his first cartoon one. Private Ryan two name only one GREAT EFFECTS but did NOT stand out as Cartoony! Captain Phillips Is a boat example, his list goes on forever. Can you imagine Vanishing Point, Bullitt, Unforgiven, ETC., ETC. done with the cartoon type effects. To me - my opinion- it's the cheat way out. And it looks it. If it gets to TV I will watch. They are just not for me, to many real stunts and effects done with real people and objects. And the clip looks great except for that. Sorry But a Jerry Horn certified opinion.

Last edited:
Most of the ones we ( wife & I ) watch are older than we are. Mostly 30's - 60's ( i'm 1952 - she 1966). List would be to long. First two that pop to mind. 12 Angry Men and Bad Day a Black Rock. Couple of newer ones Red and RED ll. A funny car one Freebie and the Bean.
See there's an "Old Fart that knows "stuff"!

Rocky 1.2.3.4.6 (Rocky Balboa); Creed 1 and 2.
How he makes the same movie over and over, That i can watch over and Over is beyond me. Another list of TV movies ( you can find on line or CD) is the Jesse Stone Series by Tom Selleck in fact Never seen a bad one with him in it!

Into boating?
Crank up the surround sound...….

How about a mini series...….

Came from an era where to many were treated like dirt in this country. Movies - videos - even clips of same that have Men & Women that wore the colors and music to go with it came make my breath shake and eyes water. Just two to start you off, go to you tube, type in : Rolling Thunder Marine Salute - then if you can, if not do it later : Song by Taylor Hicks - Nineteen ! that is very hard to listen to and it just brings back to many memories. Some of my brother - "Crash" ( Jeffery P. Horn) Air Force! Got to go now. Wiil correct spelling later.

Last edited:
Admit I haven't see it but every movie I have spent money on and seen that has all the cartoon ( computer) special effect I have not liked. Mr. Hanks has been in a lot of Great stuff, but this is - to me- his first cartoon one. Private Ryan two name only one GREAT EFFECTS but did NOT stand out as Cartoony! Captain Phillips Is a boat example, his list goes on forever. Can you imagine Vanishing Point, Bullitt, Unforgiven, ETC., ETC. done with the cartoon type effects. To me - my opinion- it's the cheat way out. And it looks it. If it gets to TV I will watch. They are just not for me, to many real stunts and effects done with real people and objects. And the clip looks great except for that. Sorry But a Jerry Horn certified opinion.
I have no idea what you're on about here?
No Country for Old Men has a)no special effects, b)no Tom Hanks, c)no "cartoon effects"...and really,
not much at all in the way of "stunts" either.

0aa780a92aa53274801162cce98a51a39a81cc37.jpg

TRUE ROMANCE a real good unknown movie! check out this fight

I have no idea what you're on about here?
No Country for Old Men has a)no special effects, b)no Tom Hanks, c)no "cartoon effects"...and really,
not much at all in the way of "stunts" either.
Been a while since I was on this thread. I did not see "No country for Old Men" ( that should have been a sentence). Then I went on to babble about what I do not care for in newer movies. I call most of late movie special effects, the ones that are all computer generated "cartoon like". for instance Bullet special effects were done in real cars on real streets. Fast and furious type movies the car chase "action" is set up on a computer, the car leaps in the air spins 16 times and lands on it's wheels, it is to me, so unrealistic it's "cartoonish". Saving Private Ryan ( with Tom Hanks ) the special effect look about as real as you can make them. I did not mean cartoon to mean like bugs bunny, etc.
Sometimes my head thinks faster than my one finger can type. So all the words do not get written. Hope that makes more sense?
Speaking of Cartoon (technically it is not) I love WALL-E !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Each caracter seems to be alive in the film. Pixar "stuff" is great.

Auto Transport Service
Back