• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Automatics Can Be Fun!

HawkRod

Formerly hsorman
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
2:46 PM
Reaction score
My 70 Road Runner is an original 4 speed car, now a passion 5 speed manual. My 62 Corvette I got from my father-in-law is also a 4 speed manual. Given a choice, I would choose a manual over an automatic; I just like shifting a manual transmission!

Having said that, I have recently gotten my old beater 73 Road Runner with a 340 (now a 416 stroker) running. It has always been a 727 automatic with a Slap Stik, and it still is (although now it has a Gear Vendor's overdrive too).

You know, that Slap Stik automatic is pretty damn fun too! When I don't feel like it, I leave it in auto and it does its thing. When I want to play, I can put it is first and slap it silly as I accelerate! Not bad at all!!!!! :D

20210921_103714.jpg

Agree. I’ve had 4 speeds back when as daily drivers and my 1st preference. I have my ’63 with the pushbutton shift that is a lot of fun. If not for this novelty, I’d have to have a manual. I have a manual in my old Dodge plow truck to play with, lol.

There's no shame in driving with a responsive automatic transmission. :thumbsup:

Although they do make burnouts a little less dramatic. :D

:xscuseless:

:steering::steering::steering::steering::steering::steering:

:rofl:

A friend bought new a ‘71 Superbee, light metallic blue, white interior, 383- slapstick, a/c Dodge. I certainly got to feel the acceleration and high rev shifting in that car. I wish I had pictures of his ‘Bee. Your Yellow ‘73 is cool and the extra overdrive seems perfect for a 48 year old Hot Rod.

Auto Transport Service
Back