• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blower 5.7 Modern Mopar

Awesome Dennis, but I must say, your wife is also AWESOME..

Just received may 2019 issue of mopar muscle magazine. Page 32 article on procharger supercharger install. If you can't get a copy I'll scan for you.

Thanks all. 50 state compliance seems to be an issue. Whipple can’t for this year/spec.

Wow. The procharger boost was about 7psi. Hp increased 175 and torque increased 98lbft.
Installing looks easy to me.
I guess procharger didn't want to invest in qualifying for C A R B?

They obviously did for some applications. Yeah, I know it's a Chevy...
DSCN1254.JPG
[ATTACH
DSCN1290.JPG
=full]723068[/ATTACH] DSCN1287.JPG

Last edited:
I like the procharger from what I've read. The installation looks very simple and straightforward. At least the magazine article made it look appealing.

That is one of the GREAT things that I look forward to by moving away, when I actually do.
Tennessee has many areas with ZERO emission testing requirements. I see that as those areas being LOW population zones, another plus.
Oklahoma has no emissions testing and no vehicle inspections and you can drive year around.

A friend of mine put this kit on his truck. He had a lot of issues with belt slippage. The problem is that the serpentine belt was not wide enough. It uses the same profile as the rest of the accessorie pullies. They are not designed like the old 671 blowers that have a dedicated blower belt. Maybe they have resolved the problem but he got so annoyed with his kit that he took it off.

Best of luck to ya but like anything, I would do some investigating before pulling the trigger.

Installer recommends the Whipple, but no application. I like the ProCharger, but tech not hip on it. He has installed all types, mostly on Chevys and Stangs. Also looking for detectable whine, but not like those blown Chevys you can hear a mile away.

I guess procharger didn't want to invest in qualifying for C A R B?

Would you pay tend of thousands of dollars to a corrupt organization that basically limits the free market economy and holds your product hostage if you don't pay? CARB is just another way the CA government leeches money from companies. I would think with the already sky high taxation companies should have CARB test their products for free - if the product is sold in CA the state collects on the almost 10% tax here.

A friend of mine put this kit on his truck. He had a lot of issues with belt slippage. The problem is that the serpentine belt was not wide enough. It uses the same profile as the rest of the accessorie pullies. They are not designed like the old 671 blowers that have a dedicated blower belt. Maybe they have resolved the problem but he got so annoyed with his kit that he took it off.

Best of luck to ya but like anything, I would do some investigating before pulling the trigger.

As you can see in the pictures, I put this on my truck in 2011. I had no such problems with slippage. The kit was very well thought out, the direction booklet was very easy to follow and I didn't need to buy anything else to complete the install. MY EXPERIENCE...yours may be different.

42C23118-62F2-4C6F-8725-0FD3C0E1AA42.jpeg
Thank you everyone for taking the time to respond. Hope I am making the right decision, wanted the Edelbrock, but went with the Kenne Belle on the advice of my Tech. He say he has installed maybe 100 of them and they are good. 50 state and comes with tuner. 3 weeks out. Th awesome whine of the twin screws...supposed to be quiet at cruise. We will see. This one has more power than the eforce.

Do you know what tune is required? I'm reading that a pcm is a possible issue with driviability

Do you know what tune is required? I'm reading that a pcm is a possible issue with driviability
Kenne Bell includes a tune, paid more for it. Tune was the issue preventing Whipple rom 50 state.

The Whipple requires removal of the ecm and send it to them for calibration. Edelbrock comes with a Diablo and Bell comes with a tuner.

9865A461-6657-45A8-AC4D-10400D27B163.jpeg
More than the Coronet. We will see. Has other mods too. Long tube headers. Mine is all stock.

23A5E41A-A7CE-4530-8EBB-521BEB3C3976.jpeg
Valaya Racing San Jose. In for the Blower. Should arrive next week.

Auto Transport Service
Back