• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blower 5.7 Modern Mopar

Dennis you made me crazy so I went and got the tuner and extra pcm ! Ran me 900.00 more than I wanted to spend but it was worth it. :bananadance:

Gentlemen, Nice thread. I need some advice on tuning a 2007 5.7 Dodge Ram.
I’m running a ProCharger and the tuning method was with a UniChip, which has become defective.
I’d like to keep the ProCharger but need a way to tune the factory PCM.

What are my options?

Thank you

Gentlemen, Nice thread. I need some advice on tuning a 2007 5.7 Dodge Ram.
I’m running a ProCharger and the tuning method was with a UniChip, which has become defective.
I’d like to keep the ProCharger but need a way to tune the factory PCM.

What are my options?

Thank you
Call extreme muscle performance, they’re not far from you. They’ll put it on a dyno and get you tuned up. They’re big time players in the gen 3 hemi game and hold multiple records

Call extreme muscle performance, they’re not far from you. They’ll put it on a dyno and get you tuned up. They’re big time players in the gen 3 hemi game and hold multiple records

Thank you for the recommendation. I spoke to Mike at Extreme Muscle Performance and he said they are unable to tune my application...

Did you use a Diablosport Itune 3 for the tune ? Just purchased one with a tune and I really like it.
Kit came with a tune. PCM did not have to be sent out with the Bell.

Kit came with a tune. PCM did not have to be sent out with the Bell.
looks like a nice clean clutter free kits/install too :thumbsup:

I see 'smoke' in your near future :steering:

EF184805-0760-4326-8C2F-5068655A4092.jpeg
Found this in the trunk. Thought it was an option. Don’t know what the unused plug is for?
That is the original battery from 2009. Lights right up, never let me down. 09 was the Chrysler LLC days just after Daimler and before Fiat. Not nearly as much paint on it as the 06 Daytona.

D7BE1726-9E3D-43C8-B3EF-51AF8DB56B85.jpeg
I can’t drive til after the 21st. Now I just look at it and wipe it off.
There is a hiccup though! At 4k roll on there is a distinct “break up”. I wasn’t driving. Best term I can come up with. Before that it is right here, right now, then the 4k stop pulling. Just idles so sweet. Just a hint of sweet whine. It’s good John drove. I don’t think the car ever saw 4k before. He likes to run up the rpms. I just loaf.

Kenne Bell warns against dynotuning by other shops. Shop thinks it’s the plugs. I got OE’s NGK 92174. Called Bell, recommended NGK 2309 and adjust gap FIRST. Shop called Bell and was told to play with gap using OE’s first. 16 plugs are $80. Otherwise, fit, finish, all good with no detectable collateral damage. Everything affects everything else. Be it just the gap or heat range. If that is what it is. Get advice in advance unlike me. Bell says no break in instructions, though tune will “learn. Just enjoy it.”

It was suggested that the ESP Traction Control was kicking in causing power loss! This was over 3k WOT with the sound of traction loss. This is what it is DESIGNED to do. I haven’t driven this car much over the 10 years owned. Still trying to wrap my brain around nanny state technology.

Last edited:
Interesting. They must have had several cars in development over time to determine that this symptom is the cause.

Don’t know how you got as far as page 4 but, the ESP issue and the correct NGK Plug aplication NGK 2309 @ .035 per Bell information was available to me before purchase. I want to be pissed at advice, the shop, or whoever for the delay and lack of understanding. My fault. I thought I researched, but not enough. ESP is hypersensitive when on with the additional power of the Blower, and Bell clearly says this in their material. Also the plug application and gapping is available. Do your OWN research for stuff like this. Questions and advice may still be helpful but these issues should not have happened.

Good shakedown today. Roll on snot is so sweet. ESP off but not pushed unless rolling. No ping. Blower sound makes you smile. Swear the throttle is better too. Scraped the new lower mounted front lic plate pretty good. It was a lousy driveway but I took it slow and angled it. Didn’t help. Put plate back in trunk.

4A126170-1D36-4D85-ACC5-AF359B6BBEAE.jpeg
Got the correct NGK 2309’s in that are recommended by Bell. Journey is over. Also, the hood insulation needed to be trimmed to accomodate Blower, so I just left it off. Still not many miles. No difference in operating temps or warning lights. All is well.

3F0E66C8-77E8-46AB-A135-A786286AE20C.jpeg
838CFE8F-412D-434E-BEF3-EAE07EBCADD7.jpeg
Liquid cooled for the street hands down. No heat soak. Just a barely detectable zing saying “I’m here if you need me.

Looks great!! Gets me thinking about my 65.

Very cool. I did the Eddy on my 16 Suburban and it pulled 399 at the rear on 93. That was a 5.3/6L60 trans.
A year later I did my 18 High Country with an LT4 blower sourcing lots of stuff from LSA Conversions to ICT Billet and a lot of Eddy stuff for the intercooler rad and pump. That one is a 6.2/8L80 trans. Got 611 at the rear on 93.
Point? Supercharge the late model stuff. It is alot of fun.
The Eddy was $6800 with a handleld tuner.
I pieced the LT4 blower all in for $4100. My bud handled the tuning.
And plenty of Hellcat takeoff blowers in my neck of the woods.

48364062_10216125773771140_4555755085988102144_n.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back