• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Blower 5.7 Modern Mopar

I have a 2015 JGC w/5.7 and you have to have a new or swap a ECM to tune. the tuner will only work with a open ECM since FCA has them locked.That is why I have not tuned my jeep cause its about 1k to keep your old ECM and get a new one. You can swap with a tuner for about 600.0 depending who you go with,but I want to keep my original ECM cause of warranty with the dealer.
By the way I love the Kenny Bell ! you made the correct decision on that choice!
Maybe your guy can open the ECM or you do the swap with the tuner company you go with. Does putting on the Supercharger cancel your warranty on the drive train?
Your 09 may not be locked so it might not be an issue for you since I dont think the ECM was locked at that time.

Very nice car you have there?

Last edited:
I too have heard about the newer Chrysler ECM changes. The report I heard was that the story about those guys hacking that Jeep software a while back prompted FCA to put so much security in that it is impossible for anyone except a Dealer to figure it out. Bell says the 09 is ok, tunable, and 50 state compliant. Whipple did not have one for similar reasons. My warranty is long over.

Bell comes with a tuner, and I plan to put a red cap on the OBD port that says”Do Not Flash”.

Last edited:
DDB43611-9763-4297-8504-EC8E340B6FBD.jpeg
Getting one of these, horror stories of Dealers and others messing up custom tunes. Black, low key, and made in USA. Covers the OBD Port.

Last edited:
In keeping with the Golden Rule of our hobby, (cost and completion times doubled) TPS Motorsports says Bell is swamped with orders. Now 4-5 week eta for delivery.

Front plate displayed, new NGK’s, replaced trailing arms, waiting for Blower. Changing trans and Getrag dropping factory fills. ATF for the Tremec 6 and Severe Gear for the differential.

Well, TPS said the Kenne Bell blower would be here in 3 weeks. It will be 2 months tomorrow. Not here. Reconfirming that these tv show build deadlines are bullshit.

2.8 litre. Liquid Cooled. Twin Screw. I’m stoked.

So does that make your 440 a 9.8 liter fire breathing machine? Lol!!

Blower installed. Car ready. Can’t drive for three weeks. Back brace. Not sure if I want Linda to drive it home.

I’ll do it, I’ll take one for the team! Lol!

Just read the whole thread....very cool!! I just bought a 10 SRT ....I didnt think I would ever get a thrill out of the "new" hot rods....not the first time I was wrong. cant wait to see how you like it.

Did you use a Diablosport Itune 3 for the tune ? Just purchased one with a tune and I really like it.

Auto Transport Service
Back