• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cyclists

They should have to pass a riding test and be licenced, they need to have their bike pass state inspection, they need to purchase insurance. They should not be allowed on roads with the speed limit over 25. the police should do traffic stops and check their credentials. the fines should be as high as a auto violation. And they should have to keep at least 500 feet between riders in single file.
You need to do some research and quite whining.
Just because bicycles are power by humans does not relieve them from from the laws of the road.
If you have a legitimate compliant go visit your local police department.

A little follow up on this old thread... few weeks back my brother and I were out on a ride one Sunday morning when this road rage dude damn near killed us.

We were riding next to each other (though plenty of room too pass with good sight lines) just BSing, when some middle aged dude flies up onto our back tire, slams on the brakes just before hitting me and leans on his horn. He then takes off around us and gives us the finger as he accelerates to probably 50mph. All this early one Sunday morning on a side street in a school zone.

I've got this friend of mine who is adamant about cyclists being allowed on the road and how we have to share the road blah blah blah. That's all fine and dandy until you get to a mountain two lane highway where I'm going 55 and they're going 10, blind curves and all. I've almost splattered a couple. He refuses to agree that cyclists don't belong on roads like that. He even told me they belong on highways with speed limits 70+ too. The blatant lack of common sense just infuriates me.

I get that it's legal, but it's definitely not smart in many instances. Thoughts?
Theres a lot of stupid **** that is legal.......the physics are undeniable.......200 lbs of flesh & bone in the mix with a tonnage of moving mass is just asking for it...........is this Guy voting for the hildebeast too? I hate bicycles & their attitudes in traffic......the roads are for cars, trucks......bicycles are afterthoughts. Pedestrians have **** attitudes too & many do a lousy job of self preservation.

they should be licenced and registered just like car drivers
nod-yes-smiley-emoticon.gif

and we just won't talk about jumping the gutter crossing in the pedestrian crossing, jumping back on the road and holding everybody that just spent 10 minites try to get past the lane hogging pricks . or not stopping at stop signs , or the gaggle of multi coloured lycra wearing galah's holding everybody up ,know they are doing it and laughing about it :mad:. yeah my pet peeve there should be an "open day " on them:elmer:

A lot of good stuff here. First, bikes are bound to follow traffic laws, for instance it's illegal for a bike to run a red light. Fines vary but in NYC it's like $200. Now ya just have to find a cop to enforce it.

I ride (99.999% alone) and i agree with ya. Dooosh bags who ride 5 across and purposely clog roads... give courteous riders like me a bad rap. I see it while I ride all the time and when I blow by these inevitably slow-asses, I give them hell for ya.

I also mock them for their $5000 bike while I whip them on my old schwinn. Haha I got a bad attitude.

Auto Transport Service
Back