• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

DOGS

Congratulations !!

The coyote girl puppy is an absolute charmer ! I would have tried to get her if I hadn't found Lilly first !

Screenshot 2023-06-30 at 8.32.05 AM.png

So, how many laps around the kitchen island per day? Brewing a pot of coffee, doing the dishes/dog dishes, and cooking some lasagna, I counted eleven laps around the island.... to avoid stepping over the three dogs laying on the kitchen floor, to be near me.
One has learned to stay laying down , but the "puppies" (just over a year) haven't figured it out yet. And spanning two dogs at a time is not bright.
And you know three GSD'S won't let you go to the kitchen... or the bathroom, by yourself.
So, does anybody else have this problem?

Chuck-It has glow balls for their ball throwers. Great for hot environments and dogs that need exercise.
I have a pretty good sized back yard, and a "far" back yard they aren't allowed in yet that needs cleanup. I still have enough arm that I can chuck em out of play. (I do have a "chuck it", just don't need it.)

Dog day mornings.
Dog day afternoons.
Dog day evenings.
IMG_20230630_123053418.jpg

Good thing the a/c works. Looks like a three dog night on the bed tonight.... 250 lbs of bed heater.
No dogs permitted on the bed. She is on the recliner sofa with a blanket for protection.

When fireworks start my little buddy heads to his safe space. After fireworks it's bedtime.

Irvie Safe Space.jpg

Irvie bed time.jpg

I voted for recreational marijuana specifically so I could give it to my dog who was frightened by fireworks. We always made a day of it on the 4th to go into National Forest or Grasslands where fireworks are prohibited. I'm skeptical that CBD's work and my vet will prescribe drugs, but I wanted edibles.
The people passed the Ballot Measure. Then Governor said we didn't know what we were doing. She used a legal technicality and the State Supreme Court to kill the Law. Giving Marijuana to your dog is still a felony.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 9.29.46 AM.png

Last edited:
check out this 6 month old Gremlin. The Malinois colors are expected to fade completely, but for now... what a face. He is a Belgian Lakenois, recognized by the AKC last year.

Screenshot 2023-07-03 at 2.15.41 PM.png

CBD biscuits don't work on the current pair, they get wound up instead. Luckily they don't get really wigged out when fireworks etc happen. The last pair, especially Neko, needed rx doggy downers. Had to start early in the day and keep him stoned throughout. The rx stuff would take about two days to fully get out of his system. When he would get scared, he'd shake all over/try to get on your lap/make himself small. He would also pucker up his poop shoot which with his Colitis and digestive issues would make for a major poo disaster when he couldn't hold it anymore. Like any other pooch, if they are wigged when you give them the downers then just end up stoned and scared which brings no relief. One night I tried something out to see if I could get him focused elsewhere. I pulled up Huskies Howling off of YouTube on my phone. Put that on, end of discussion. He would bark and do his own howling plus we and big sis Coco would chime in. Did that for about 10 minutes, or longer if the booming kept going and he would be fine then. Entertaining and no side effects.

I pulled up Huskies Howling off of YouTube on my phone. Put that on, end of discussion. He would bark and do his own howling plus we and big sis Coco would chime in. Did that for about 10 minutes, or longer if the booming kept going and he would be fine then. Entertaining and no side effects.
People here who can do so, should try this and see if it works on their dogs. It's a horrible thing and the dog's won't listen to reason.

pulled up Huskies Howling off of YouTube on my phone. Put that on, end of discussion. He would bark and do his own howling
I tried it but I think I should have started earlier. It did help a little for the only dog I have left of the 4 that is bothered, Laney aka "street hound" the black dog that looks like a Lab puppy/Terrier combo. My dearest dog Bud passed away during a storm right before he made 13. It's too sad to even think about, so please do all you can to help them overcome or cope with thunder or loud noises!

Auto Transport Service
Back