• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gas is under 2 bucks

Enjoy it while it lasts. Summer time often brings higher gas prices. The talk I read now is a proposed tax on gas and diesel fuel to fund work on the nations highways and bridges

Enjoy it while it lasts. Summer time often brings higher gas prices. The talk I read now is a proposed tax on gas and diesel fuel to fund work on the nations highways and bridges
That would be alright, if it actually went to that and the work was done.

That would be alright, if it actually went to that and the work was done.
Actually it wouldn't be alright. My federal taxes are way to high as it is. Every time some useless politician comes across with there usual empty promises of fixing this or doing that, it equates into me paying higher taxes. Fix the system, drain the swamp, wasn't that the promise?

Not POTUS's job to make people take the jobs he managed to create. It's backwards to let the economy lapse into a service economy so everyone without the wherewithal to attend college can have a job. The right way is to have a manufacturing economy with good jobs that people need to strive to attain. Everyone wins.

But govt doesn't create jobs. It is supposed to create an environment (not as in nature) in which business creates jobs.
Raising taxes is counter productive.
Ever notice they want to build new roads and then cry they don't have the money to maintain what's already there?
Gas taxes don't always fund roads. Its diverted to public transit which operates at a loss, airports, which have money out the wazoo already from user fees and things like bike trails.

If you live in Illinois they are proposing a mileage tax, taxed on the amount of miles you drive annually to repair roads etc....

What I meant to say.....

"create an environment (not as in nature) in which business creates jobs."

$3.19 + here in Tacoma Wa and even more in Seattle. We are takin in them as again.

I was at a Milk Haulers convention a couple weekends ago. They brought up something I never thought about. Gas taxes are going to go up
because there are more electric and hybrid cars out there not putting in their fair share.

western ny is at 2.75 a gallon here
diesel.....is at 3.19.....?
okay,so ive always been a gas guy but i thought?
diesel was cheaper and easier to make then gasoline?
soooo,why does it cost more...?

Also, there is about double the amount of gasoline refined out of each barrel of crude compared to fuel oil, and some of that is for heating oil rather than diesel.

This morning in southern california.
Just curious, do you think he really wants to sell cash or credit?

20190416_112437.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back