• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GRaveyard Kars

This is likely because parts are not as available for the early B-bodies. He doesn't want his shop or TV show tied up waiting for parts. That's good for the rest of us who like and appreciate our early B's who don't mind spending a little bit of time ferreting out the parts for our builds. I would hate to see our cars go so mainstream that we could not afford them any more. Witness what has happened to '68-'70 Chargers after most of the good E-bodies got grabbed up.

One of the things I like about my '66 Satellite is its lack of collector value. Nobody really cares if I drop a 408 or a Gen 3 Hemi into a car that originally came with a 273. Further, thanks to the popularity of the 68-70 B-Bodies (and the '67 GTX), parts are available on the aftermarket.

Will the Satellite ever be worth what I have spent on it? Probably not, but that's not the point. I'm building it to drive, not to flip or impress show judges.

You're on your own with Worman. There's far too many enjoyable, informative channels
on YouTube about our Mopars by contrast - no need to subject yourself to Motortrend/Discovery
nonsense...

They all leave me wanting and unfulfilled.
Example: Today, an upholstery guy was showing a technique for fabbing in some foam on a seat. It's something I know nothing about, but I need to recover my seats, so I gave it my full attention. Then it cuts away and it's done. What did he do? What was the technique? The film editor is clearly not the guy who is sharing his expertise.

. Also dislike texas metal, I think it is, with the flatbrim hats, bagged 4wd trucks and rubberband tires, if I've got the title right.
Just glad to see mopars on TV
Flat brim hats

F8F8F8D8-D306-4DB6-8398-4B2D474C8C21.gif

That is funny. I agree.
That stupid trend annoys me too.
Many car building shows feature at least one or two dorks with the flat bill hat pulled to their eyes, baggy shorts to the knee and thigh high socks. That OR weird beards, tattoos or facial piercings. WTF???
GYC has its faults but I do enjoy it.
Oh yeah, from what I have read, the exhaust manifolds actually were painted with the engine and the paint did burn off right away.
GYC does undercoat their cars even though not all Mopars were built that way. I have two ‘70 Chargers. One was under coated, one had it only in the wheel wells.

that show, and the other clown Foose, with their way of destroying cars, paved the way for the other barbarians like Kindig .
They build those cars for goofs. They would not know the difference between a phillips screwdriver from a torx driver. I digress it's their money, and car. It just takes away from the everyday guy wanting to build something. Thanks to Kindig/Foose people are trying to sell rustbuckets with tons of parts missing for premium bucks. I understand the worth of a true muscle car GTX, Super Bee etc. People try to sell Satellites for GTX money, or six cylinder chevelles for SS money.

Example: Today, an upholstery guy was showing a technique for fabbing in some foam on a seat. It's something I know nothing about, but I need to recover my seats, so I gave it my full attention. Then it cuts away and it's done. What did he do? What was the technique? The film editor is clearly not the guy who is sharing his expertise.
I know what you mean. Dave Rea was good at explaining things, he even went step by step on rebuilding a steering column. Of course he is no longer at GYC. Heaven forbid if people actually learned anything. Stacy David was good at one time, now his show Gearz is one big infomercial

There's a BIG difference between a Restoration and a Customization! Foose & Kindig are customizers, just like George Barris!
George Barris was the king. He took mundane stuff, and made it cool.

Barris was 'a lipstick on a pig' guy...
glue gun & household **** added to a car

most of his **** was fake, or for TV
not really great, personally I don't care for most of his stuff

Icon yes, mainly because of TV & popularity
but need to really look at some of the stuff he did
or his shop did he didn't do much, after a time, his crews did it, not him
he was an idea guy, he didn't draw even, 'someone else did that too'
someone else would design it, a studio guy etc., or they'd give him specs
& he'd have the shop build it...

'The Batmobile' was a former show car "Futura" he/his shop had modified
to do the TV show...

(I'm not calling Barris 'a total hack' like some do others, customizers that do
a way better, way more detailed, way more quality, than he ever did
)

Ed 'big daddy' Roth was a real customizer, a true ICON

others, opinions may vary
to each theirs, that's mine

Last edited:
Barris was 'a lipstick on a pig' guy...
glue gun & household **** added to a car

most of his **** was fake, or for TV
not really great, personally I don't care for most of his stuff

Icon yes, mainly because of TV & popularity
but need to really look at some of the stuff he did
or his shop did he didn't do much, after a time, his crews did it, not him

(I'm not calling Barris 'a total hack' like some do others, customizers that do
a way better, way more detailed, way more quality, than he ever did
)

Ed 'big daddy' Roth was a real customizer, a true ICON

others, opinions may vary
to each theirs, that's mine

Barris did have rolling sculptures, cool ideas for some. Others well. Bondo was cheap. Heck if it wasnt for his ideas. Alot of the colors and lines would not exist. It sold alot of cars. Made customizers creative.

Barris did have rolling sculptures, cool ideas for some. Others well. Bondo was cheap. Heck if it wasnt for his ideas. Alot of the colors and lines would not exist. It sold alot of cars. Made customizers creative.
I went back & I was editing what I wrote before
you posted, YES I do somewhat agree...

Barris was probably building to certain specs. Fast, cheap, and cheap were probably the three most common.
I saw the original Batmobile on tour soon after the series ended. As a little kid, I didn't know what Bondo was, but having painted many models, I could see the car was nothing but whoop-tee-doos. Loved it anyway, don't get me wrong, but if a know nothing kid sees it...

There's a BIG difference between a Restoration and a Customization! Foose & Kindig are customizers, just like George Barris!
no kidding. I don't like their "customizations" . They go out of their way to whack out an already good styled car. My opinion.

Exactly what pissed me off when showing an engine build only highlighting how to torque bolts…wdf

One of the things I like about my '66 Satellite is its lack of collector value. Nobody really cares if I drop a 408 or a Gen 3 Hemi into a car that originally came with a 273. Further, thanks to the popularity of the 68-70 B-Bodies (and the '67 GTX), parts are available on the aftermarket.

Will the Satellite ever be worth what I have spent on it? Probably not, but that's not the point. I'm building it to drive, not to flip or impress show judges.

I got one of those too. They are a great car to restomod.
20210522_091504.jpg
20210522_091440.jpg

no kidding. I don't like their "customizations" . They go out of their way to whack out an already good styled car. My opinion.

Have you ever thought about that maybe, just MAYBE, that's their intent? I'd rather watch Iron Resurrection than those flat billed baseball cap, wantta be black idiots that think their **** don't stink on Texas Metal

Just starting watching this show about a month ago have a season down I think I started like on season 6 or something
Was very happy to find it very enjoyable to see all mopar and done in restoration not custom which is a nice change for the garage shows
Such badass cars on there

Exactly what pissed me off when showing an engine build only highlighting how to torque bolts…wdf
The thing that intrigues me is where do they find parts if something breaks on one of their " creations".

Auto Transport Service
Back