• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you had to turn on the heater in your home yet?

SteveSS

Local time
4:22 AM
Reaction score
Damn, I fought it all day. Shut all the windows, and put on a hoodie and sweatpants. I drew the line at going to find a pair of mittens. (Couldn't type with them on.) I don't think it got out of the 40s today. 32 tonight. I broke down and finally turned on the heater at 7:00 pm. Now I have that god-awful smell from when you turn your heater on and it hasn't been on for months.

Has anyone else had to switch the thermostat to heat?

40’s overnight but I haven’t kicked on the heat yet. It won’t be long though…

Last week we had a little cool down. I went the hoodie route and threw an extra blanket on the bed. Supposed to cool down again this weekend and next week. Keep that $hi+ up there!

Nope, and odds are will not turn it on till after the 1st of the year

I turned on a couple of the thermostats. We have hot water heat. Fin tube baseboard and cast iron radiators.

What the fireplaces are for, if needed. No forkin way I'm turning on the furnace, possibly ever based on the price of heating oil!

Once… This past week was hot but about a month ago we left all the windows open and it was a chilly 64 in our house… I will start our wood stove soon as next week looks like low 40’s and highs in the upper 50’s low 60’s…

1696642785519.jpeg

Damn, I fought it all day. Shut all the windows, and put on a hoodie and sweatpants. I drew the line at going to find a pair of mittens. (Couldn't type with them on.) I don't think it got out of the 40s today. 32 tonight. I broke down and finally turned on the heater at 7:00 pm. Now I have that god-awful smell from when you turn your heater on and it hasn't been on for months.

Has anyone else had to switch the thermostat to heat?
What you didn't tell us was that you were working outside on your car wearing only a mankini. :poke:

You have to dress for the occasion. :p

I do like the cold more than the heat. I'll get a load of firewood this weekend. I love oversized hoodies and the wood fireplace. I love watching a high school football game in "Football Weather." I think this one caught me by surprise. The Newfie dog is loving the colder temps. I love the feel and the smell of the cold above 10,000 feet in the Rockies. If you've been to a ski resort you know what I mean. I love the extreme cold when you walk outside and you feel the cold down deep in your lungs. I talked to my daughter tonight. She still has the fan placed in the window, blowing cold air in. It's genetic.

The house got up to 62 so I turned the heat off.

Last edited:
We seldom get weather so cold that we need a fire or substantial heating....so I really can't imagine what you're going through.

Had to tonight, wife was pissed last night. I opened all the windows and had our fan on it was 48 degrees, I slept like a baby. She complained all day how she hasn't warmed up blah blah blah. She's 100% Norwegian, you'd think she be fine. So I had to put the heat on...we compromised at 67.

We seldom get weather so cold that we need a fire or substantial heating....so I really can't imagine what you're going through.
Oh man, you honestly need to experience a snowmobile 100mph+ on a frozen lake.
We actually have these drag races here. :usflag:
images (8).jpeg

Had to tonight, wife was pissed last night. I opened all the windows and had our fan on it was 48 degrees, I slept like a baby. She complained all day how she hasn't warmed up blah blah blah. She's 100% Norwegian, you'd think she be fine. So I had to put the heat on...we compromised at 67.
I haven't had to but I can relate to this... I love to open the windows & turn on the whole house fan but the past few days Coral has been getting angry about me being so comfortable.... It couldn't be her discomfort so it must be my comfort that angers her... :rofl:

I found it! We were there and didn't know it was a world record. We've (mostly the wife)talked alot at the watering hole, nice girl.
Dang article didn't work. Anyway she hit 135.3 mph, I believe it's 1000 foot track.
Katie Kopplin

What the fireplaces are for, if needed. No forkin way I'm turning on the furnace, possibly ever based on the price of heating oil!
Didn't you guys hit a record 30 degrees the other day??

it got real humid a couple weeks ago, I tell the wife only lower the A/C 2* at a time or it will ice up and run for ever

I ended up letting the heater run for a couple minutes to thaw it out, at least I know it's gonna work :BangHead:

We hold out as long as possible here in Northern WI, typically no furnace until November…
load the fire place till then.

IMG_2597.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back