• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In case any of you didn't believe my unicorn 1 of none RP23J story -

Bob lives around the corner from me. He had a 67 hemi car like that. He pulled the motor put a 383 in it and sold it in the 70s. The boat is sitting down the road from me with the hemi still in it. He wont sell it been trying for years.

Damn
A "J-Code" for $500 in the 90s?

WOW!
I did the same, a FORCED move from the Mother-Land of All Air Force bases, Wright-Patterson AFB Dayto OH to Edwards AFB, Mojave Desert, 1994...a Government Seizure Auction from a Drug Lord, IRS Cheat and he had a 1966 Hemi (J-Code) Belvedere, auto car, Yellow, a Pale Yellow...Gorgeous car and it bid to $2K

I'll never forget it, but I passed....
I say mortgage the home and get it!
Another Uni-corny no b-body J codes in 66. H code in 66 Hemis and no 440's.
Speaking of rare cars a rare car is not necessarily a desirable car. Which is more desirable a 66 Hemi Satellite vert (27 built) or a less rare 68 GTX Hemi vert (38 built).

It does have a 3-speed wiper motor, which all Hemi cars had, but it is missing the starter relay mounting plate on the left inner fender. Can't tell if the holes are there. No pictures of the special undercarriage Hemi frame reinforcements that all Hemi cars had.

s-l500.jpg

Another Uni-corny no b-body J codes in 66. H code in 66 Hemis and no 440's.
Speaking of rare cars a rare car is not necessarily a desirable car. Which is more desirable a 66 Hemi Satellite vert (27 built) or a less rare 68 GTX Hemi vert (38 built).

it's a 67, so J is correct as H was used on the 4 bbl 383 starting that year

...and there were 440's in 1966, just not in B body cars.

It would likely have 1966 casting date.

When were the blocks cast for the 1968 cars?
Yes have a 68 block in my Satellite came out of wrecked 68 GTX. My block was damaged.
It does have a 3-speed wiper motor, which all Hemi cars had, but it is missing the starter relay mounting plate on the left inner fender. Can't tell if the holes are there. No pictures of the special undercarriage Hemi frame reinforcements that all Hemi cars had.

View attachment 716337
67 didn't have the fender mounted bracket with ignition and horn relays. Doesn't have hemi k frame or exhaust, those could have been changed. What about spring torque boxes?

67 didn't have the fender mounted bracket with ignition and horn relays. Doesn't have hemi k frame or exhaust, those could have been changed. What about spring torque boxes?

Also the reinforcement plates at the ends of the frame rails & heavier pinion snubber plate.

The ones that are like what convertibles had?

Interesting that the pics don't show those areas but do show front inner fender wells.

Hmmm, good points.

I'm fairly certain that back in 88 Greg Rager did say that it had the frame boxes.

Next time I see him, I'll ask.

Might be next week at the Melbourne show.

Again.....key areas that can be easily shown with pictures.....memories don’t carry any weight......

They do if your job is to comment on and/or analyze a particular subject matter.

Lol....heard that before.......

That car would need to be fully documented based on what the cars has.....not what someone said it had.......next thing you know we will have a four door challenger pop up...

ill be the first to admit my memorys not what it used to be,but??
that car resembles a car an editor? or article writer drove bitd,
i remember the article the facing picture was black and white,the others were color.
maybe in Cars magazine?
sorry for the vagueness,but i recall it being a hemi satellite and thinking that was weird.

edit @moparnation74
lol..right..we already had a 4 door cuda.....

ill be the first to admit my memorys not what it used to be,but??
that car resembles a car an editor? or article writer drove bitd,
i remember the article the facing picture was black and white,the others were color.
maybe in Cars magazine?
sorry for the vagueness,but i recall it being a hemi satellite and thinking that was weird.

edit @moparnation74
lol..right..we already had a 4 door cuda.....

hqdefault.jpg

lol use yer cracker jacks magical ring decoder then !!
im looking thru car mags atm.
'and Jackie Chan rocks`,great meme

I remember seeing some strangely built cars back then especially when the assembly line went down suddenly on the night shift or during union strikes. There have even been requests from prominent people that were tied in with ChryCo that got cars to their liking. Heck, I even got a 92 Dakota Sport with the 6x9 chrome mirrors. How many of those has anyone seen? lol. During the strike iirc in 65 or early 66, the Ford brass went to the line to try and punch out some cars after most of the labor walked off. A buddy of mine ended up with a 6 banger Mustang with a complete V8 chassis which consisted of 5 lug wheels and V8 suspension and yes, it sat up higher than regular 6 cylinder Stains. I remember that pretty good because my sister wrecked her early production 65 and had to wait a pretty good while for parts because of the strike. I've even seen 318 cars with the reinforced rocker boxes. A buddy of mine that worked for ChryCo back in the day said if something happened to stop the line on the evening shift, they would do whatever it took to get things up and running again.....true or not, I don't know but from some of the stuff I've seen, I don't doubt it.

Forgive Steve, he still has his long 70's hippie hair covering his eyes. :D
Thank You for spelling Hippie correctly. Really goes against my grain when people infer Hippie with hippy. It's like the difference between there, their & they're. HippY can't get through a doorway without brushing their hips on the jambs.
I'm doubtful that Steve has Hippie hair, but I certainly do. And since I only weigh 138 lbs, I'm not hippy.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back