• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

In case any of you didn't believe my unicorn 1 of none RP23J story -

Smiley ECS I lift things Up & put them down.jpg

:D

Like these... :poke:

Smiley ECS Boys in the mail room will never believe this.png

Smiley ECS BS VIN & Fender tag.png

:bananaweed:
:fool:
:hifu:
:lol:
:rofl:
Carry on...

whaddya mean? that 4 door B/E body thing was fully documented !
directly from some half drunk mail clerk who told someone he saw it on a dock and told someone who wrote down the story. that counts right?

sorry @YY1 didn't mean to trash the thread

it was all in fun

just couldn't resist, after a couple of the comments
from our 'more knowledgeable members'

I just found this thread while searching for something else.

I can't believe I didn't include this part-

Back in '88 either the owner or Greg Rager (then the editor of Mopar Muscle, and a several times acquaintance of mine) sent a letter to Chrysler seeking confirmation of the car.

They sent back a letter stating that there were none built as "all 1967 B body Plymouth automobiles equipped with the 436 Hemi engine were GTX models".

...and then about three months later they sent another letter stating to the effect-

After further research, "we believe approximately 5 (five) 1967 Plymouth Satellites were built with the 426 Hemi engine".

When I was offered the car the second time, both letters from Chrysler were included in the deal.

I believe as of a few years ago the number had increased to 8.

I just found this thread while searching for something else.

I can't believe I didn't include this part-

Back in '88 either the owner or Greg Rager (then the editor of Mopar Muscle, and a several times acquaintance of mine) sent a letter to Chrysler seeking confirmation of the car.

They sent back a letter stating that there were none built as "all 1967 B body Plymouth automobiles equipped with the 436 Hemi engine were GTX models".

...and then about three months later they sent another letter stating to the effect-

After further research, "we believe approximately 5 (five) 1967 Plymouth Satellites were built with the 426 Hemi engine".

When I was offered the car the second time, both letters from Chrysler were included in the deal.

I believe as of a few years ago the number had increased to 8.
The dealer who originally owned my GTX is supposed to have sold one to a family member. I'm inclined to believe the story, based on other stuff I saw go through the dealership, including my own car, which is fully documented.

The dealer who originally owned my GTX is supposed to have sold one to a family member. I'm inclined to believe the story, based on other stuff I saw go through the dealership, including my own car, which is fully documented.
I've seen some strange stuff too over the years.....stuff that wasn't supposed to happen and wasn't on paper work. After all, you had the elephant in the room (GM) then the gorilla (F) and then the gazelle (C or used to be C) that was kicking their asses on a much smaller budget. I don't doubt they did what was needed to keep the assembly line rolling when it had a hiccup or two. And that would most likely include an orphan car or two.

I own a 1967 Coronet R/T, so I like to collect '67 Coronet literature. Some of my favourite pieces are the original drive reports because they usually show detail shots of how our old cars were actually built. A couple of these drive tests show a '67 Coronet unicorn. A June Motor Trend test compares the new 440 Magnum to the 426 Hemi. The 440 is in a R/T, while, curiously, the Hemi is in a white, with black vinyl top, 1967 Coronet 500! The R/T has the 150 mph speedometer, and the Coronet 500 with the Hemi has the 120 mph version. Both cars are CAP cars, so I figure they are Los Angeles-assembled pieces. Around the same time, Car Craft did a drive test on this same white 1967 Coronet 500. It would be nice to think this unicorn still exists, waiting discovery in a L.A. garage!
I have a Canadian 1967 Coronet show room brochure showing a bronze with black vinyl top 500 with a 426 Hemi sign on the front fender. Comparing this picture with the one in the U.S. version of the brochure, it is easy to see that this Hemi emblem was airbrushed over the 383 Four Barrel sign seen on the U.S. car on the fender of the Canadian car. This was intentionally done! WTF?

First I've heard of that.

Which car had a legit 426 emblem?

Auto Transport Service
Back