• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mickey Thompson ET-Street Radial no more available ?

Moparjack 489

Local time
8:07 AM
Reaction score
Hi guys, anyone knows about the ET-Street radial tire from M/T ?

I not can found on the official page , only on some dealers , but means they “ old “ anyone knows when M/T stop production on this tire?

And what is now the replacement for the ET-Street Radial ?
The ET-Street S/S
Or
The ET-Street R

it seems for me the only real radial construction tire and so the replacement tire for the ET-Street radial is the ET-Street S/S, I’m right with this ?

Last edited:
Hi guys, anyone knows about the ET-Street radial tire from M/T ?

I not can found on the official page , only on some dealers , but means they “ old “ anyone knows when M/T stop production on this tire?

And what is now the replacement for the ET-Street Radial ?
The ET-Street S/S
Or
The ET-Street R

it seems for me the only real radial construction tire and so the replacement tire for the ET-Street radial is the ET-Street S/S, I’m right with this ?

https://www.mickeythompsontires.com/drag-tires/et-street-radial-pro

The street ss and the street r are the same compound, so will have the same wear characteristics. The ss is more for regular street driving, it has more rain grooves for safer street use. Still lots more traction than average radials.
The r version is intended for more street/strip use, less void area, more rubber on the ground.
The street radial pro is a full-on race tire. It has a DOT number (United States Department of Transportation) only so that it is legal to race in classes that require a DOT. It says very conspicuously on the side of the tire, not for highway use.
Whether it is legal on the street would likely be determined by the police officer that stops you , lol.
The old style drag radicals were replaced probably three years ago, at least.

Thank you very much 33 IMP . I was like my ET-Street r with the two vertikal grooves . But now I need new tires in the back and would like to try the S/S with the 3 vertical grooves because like you say the new street r version are more Strip than “ normal “ street use .

The street ss and the street r are the same compound, so will have the same wear characteristics. The ss is more for regular street driving, it has more rain grooves for safer street use. Still lots more traction than average radials.
The r version is intended for more street/strip use, less void area, more rubber on the ground.
The street radial pro is a full-on race tire. It has a DOT number (United States Department of Transportation) only so that it is legal to race in classes that require a DOT. It says very conspicuously on the side of the tire, not for highway use.
Whether it is legal on the street would likely be determined by the police officer that stops you , lol.
The old style drag radicals were replaced probably three years ago, at least.

They dont make drag radials anymore? I just started looking tonight, that's what led me hear lol
I'm running BF Goodrich 345 55 15s on my Coronet and cant find anything close
FB_IMG_1472820105822.jpg

@Rob Vaughn , that tire has been discontinued a LONG time. Posts on moparts looking for a replacement going back to 2009.
What size rim are you using? Do you have room to go bigger? Does it have to be a radial. Is it strictly for street use, you just want a big tire, or is it for occasional track use?
If you can go bigger, M&H makes a 390-45x15 drag radial. Same height as yours, 12.5" tread on the ground, probably an inch or so wider in section. Other than that, it looks like you might have to go smaller. I've got some 315-60x15 et street radial pro, on twelves, I can get you dimensions if you want.
I agree, it looks like everything available is way bigger or smaller.

@Rob Vaughn , that tire has been discontinued a LONG time. Posts on moparts looking for a replacement going back to 2009.
What size rim are you using? Do you have room to go bigger? Does it have to be a radial. Is it strictly for street use, you just want a big tire, or is it for occasional track use?
If you can go bigger, M&H makes a 390-45x15 drag radial. Same height as yours, 12.5" tread on the ground, probably an inch or so wider in section. Other than that, it looks like you might have to go smaller. I've got some 315-60x15 et street radial pro, on twelves, I can get you dimensions if you want.
I agree, it looks like everything available is way bigger or smaller.

Kinda just wanted to stay with the same look. I have an inch clearance on the inside but still rubs occasionally if the the car is leaning hard
Its just been mini tubbed to the frame rail.
I don't think I can go wider.

Auto Transport Service
Back