• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Rumble Bee

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:29 AM
Reaction score
I wonder if these are all they are cracked up to be ? I had a Hemi shortbox 2 door (2003). That truck was pretty amazing power wise. I would imagine that they are basically the same, except for all the lipstick on the RB. The only things I could find on the internet, were specs, recalls, and endless videos (sales, burnouts, exhaust sounds).

The reason for this is that I would like a pickup. I haven't had one for 3.5 years. I am tired of not being able to buy lumber or other larger items due to inability to haul it.

Anyway, pickups are going for high dollars around here. A friend of a friend, that knows of my plight found a RB that is just a bit higher than the basic pickups around here. I am going to look at it this morning. In my mind, why not have the fancy looking truck for comparable money.

As I mentioned, I am familiar with the performance of these. The first time I drove the 2003 Hemi in the rain, I tried to accelerate from a stop sign into traffic. It didn't work out so well. I missed the gap in traffic because my wheels were just spinning and I wasn't moving. I learned to be a little gentler on the go pedal after that.

I've owned a 2002 with a 4.7. a 2006 4x4 with the 5.7 and this 2007 with the 5.7. All have been regular cab, short bed trucks. None have had stellar acceleration. They have been adequate but certainly not tire smoking performance.

My 08 quadcab 5.7 is a great truck. It does break traction on wet roads from a stop if i'm not careful. But, it hauls a full ton of wood pellets home with ease.... so. there's that. There's a guy up the road with a yellow and black Hemi truck with the big stripes and HEMI down the side of the box. He never washes it and it's a short box that I never see him with anything in it...

20211108_102241.jpg
20211108_102413.jpg
20211108_102426.jpg

Not a RB But just picked up a 2000 Dakota R/T 5.9 Man that thing moves, hard to keep your foot out of the pedal. I really like it but has a shorter bed.

I owned a short box truck before, it was a Ford, had a old 460 in it. Never could keep the tires from spinning. Useless truck.

This one actually locks the wheels, different suspension I believe than a regular dakota, not really sure what.

DSC00610.JPG

The RB was nothing more than a dress up package. We did all of the conversions here at work for Chrysler. It was just some ground effects, front fascia, decals and wheel and tire package. I always kind of liked them.

The RB was nothing more than a dress up package. We did all of the conversions here at work for Chrysler. It was just some ground effects, front fascia, decals and wheel and tire package. I always kind of liked them.
Yepper

Just like the Hemi Sport I owned in 2004 - But the Sport was the four door

I Loved the truck - Zero issues when I traded it in - I knew it was just a matter of time before the rear bed was nothing but rust here in WI

My Dodge Ram with a 6 cylinder engine has more power than you can imagine. With the ABS turned off, burnouts are guaranteed!

I've never driven a RB, but I do have an SRT/10 Ram. And I love it.

Well, I did look at it and drive it. Seems decent for the money. Definite RB, I ran the vin :). All things add up. Body is in much better shape than I had expected for up here in the north east U.S. Interior is good and clean, no damage. All glass is good. Everything works, incl heat and a/c. Title and lien release in hand (owners hand so far). It goes ! Nice truck, not perfect but for my needs, more than adaquate. Plus it looks good and sounds great.

I couldn't touch a regular hemi, in this good condition for the money....so all the pretty stuff is free.

:xscuseless:

I know...if I buy it they will go up mighty quickly

Last edited:
Well, I did look at it and drive it. Seems decent for the money. Definite RB, I ran the vin :). All things add up. Body is in much better shape than I had expected for up here in the north east U.S. Interior is good and clean, no damage. All glass is good. Everything works, incl heat and a/c. Title and lien release in hand (owners hand so far). It goes ! Nice truck, not perfect but for my needs, more than adaquate. Plus it looks good and sounds great.

I couldn't touch a regular hemi, in this good condition for the money....so all the pretty stuff is free.

:xscuseless:

I know...if I buy it they will go up mighty quickly
Good looking trucks, decent power
small cab is only down fall, but easy to overcome if you like it
they had decent style for the day
retro stuff was just starting to come back
2004 Ram Rumble Bee black.jpg

2004 Ram Rumble Bee yellow advert. #1 It's a Hemi.jpg

2005 Ram Rumble Bee red.jpg

2005 Ram Rumble Bee yellow.jpg

the SRT-10 was a great truck too, quite a bit more than the Rumble Bee now
2005 Ram SRT-10 Viper V-10 bright red.jpg

a commemorative edition SRT-10,
2005 in white & blue stripes
2005 SRT-10 Commemorative Edition.jpg

Last edited:
I had a 04 RBee , they are numbered if they are real. i like the embordered bee in the seat & the ground kit was cool. I had basic build on it. intake, superchip PC , pacesetter headers, flow master, etc. It moved for a street truck. I let my X wife keep it. Still being friends with her, i see it once and awhile. Her new BF drove it in the ground , it's all rot now but he likes to tell people how he "made if fast"

it makes me laugh, everyone knows who did the wrenching :)

i have a 2016 with similar mods now. it'd smoke that RBee IMO.

Auto Transport Service
Back