• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Surgery day , oh boy.

Good luck with the operation! Tell them you want ARP Fasteners. your balance is important!

im looking for the joint replacement, good luck ed
Just don't wait to long like I did, the arthritis starts on into the bones past the joint.
At that point they have nothing to hook the joint into.
That's what I had going on.

Well I'm out and heading home, everything went well.
Got a large coffee so I am good to go.
Thanks for the well wishes guys.
Funny thing.... my surgeon has a black eye today and a spilt lip.
I knew I liked this guy. :drinks:
I did not ask lol.

Last edited:
You probably kicked him in the face during the operation! Reflexes you know!

If your toe is completely fused you might have to rocker the sole of your shoe. Did the doctor shorten the toe slightly?
Yes the rear most joint is completely fused. The forward joint still has normal motion.
He did explain they pretty much remove the arthritic joint material so it does loose some length.
The longer screw goes in length wise and he sets the toe at a 5 degree up tilt when installing that one to help with the walking motion.
Then a plate spans the joint area with 4 more screws.
Came home with crutchs and a hard shell shoe/ boot thing.
I am allowed to put a little weight on that heal to balance if I need to.

Wonder if they use torx or Phillips lol , I will have to ask.
Don't let them use Philips screws....the heads round out too easily and then they'll need to use a screw-extractor to remove them.

After that maybe they will have to heli-coil your toe. :)

Best of luck with the surgery.

Don't let them use Philips screws....the heads round out too easily and then they'll need to use a screw-extractor to remove them.

After that maybe they will have to heli-coil your toe. :)

Best of luck with the surgery.
See post 24. Sounds like surgery is done and all went well :thumbsup:

Glad your surgery went well. :thumbsup: (somehow I missed page 2.)

I hope the surgeon is on the mend now also......sounds like a good story waiting to be told there. :lol:
:lol: :drinks: thanks, I'm taking the 5th at this point.

Does it look like Tom Dempsey?
1709753942801.png

MO, used to use the square heads; but like the torx head screws now, used a few hundred of them replacing my deck boards and building stuff.

Well it's here, going in this early AM to Des Moines for my big toe joint fusion.
Bad part is the no weight on that foot for a few weeks,
Glad I am getting it done, the cortisone injections only last a couple months at this point.
Wonder if they use torx or Phillips lol , I will have to ask.
Catch you guys later.
Best of luck! Hope goes well!!

im having problems with ( hallux rigidus) they want to put a plastic piece in between joint, its not as severe as yours, but 6 weeks in a boot ! and its my right foot, no driving !! going for a shot tomorrow. keep us posted, ed

Auto Transport Service
Back