• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Surgery day , oh boy.

1967coronet

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
7:52 AM
Reaction score
Well it's here, going in this early AM to Des Moines for my big toe joint fusion.
Bad part is the no weight on that foot for a few weeks,
Glad I am getting it done, the cortisone injections only last a couple months at this point.
Wonder if they use torx or Phillips lol , I will have to ask.
Catch you guys later.

Good luck, hope you have some cute nurses taken care of you.

Gotta ask, why a joint fusion on your big toe? Arthritis?

Good luck, hope you have some cute nurses taken care of you.

Gotta ask, why a joint fusion on your big toe? Arthritis?
Yep, Arthritis and thanks. They told me there is a replacment joint but I have let. It go to long.
I got a second opinion and that Dr. said the same thing.
I've watched a couple U tubes vids on it and it seems most everyone gets along ok after it's healed up.

Yep, Arthritis and thanks. They told me there is a replacment joint but I have let. It go to long.
I got a second opinion and that Dr. said the same thing.
I've watched a couple U tubes vids on it and it seems most everyone gets along ok after it's healed up.
I’ll pray for a speedy recovery for you, sounds very painful what you been going through.

Good luck on your surgery, and have a speedy recovery. I hope it's not your gas pedal foot. LOL

Well it's here, going in this early AM to Des Moines for my big toe joint fusion.
Bad part is the no weight on that foot for a few weeks,
Glad I am getting it done, the cortisone injections only last a couple months at this point.
Wonder if they use torx or Phillips lol , I will have to ask.
Catch you guys later.
Good luck with your surgery.

Sorry, but your opening reminded me of this :lol: But seriously best wishes!

275178707_5035946463129699_286452827191427266_n.jpg

Best wishes on a quick recovery.

Could be Robertson fasteners (if Canadian)
1709732354237.png

Best wishes on a quick recovery.

Could be Robertson fasteners (if Canadian)
View attachment 1622519
Yeah, that's what the doctors use in Canada. I have a couple of knees full of them. Whenever I travel to U.S., I make sure to pack my Robertson screw driver set, just in case I have trouble with one while I'm down there. LOL

All the best with your surgery and recovery. Have 10 screws in my neck, some mornings feel like they might have installed these:

1709734482416.png

Auto Transport Service
Back