• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saturday Night Special (66 Belvedere Base)

SatNightSpecial

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:59 AM
Reaction score
hey yall!
I was going to get one of these going to post some progress on the car I picked up the end of last month.
Finding parts has been an adventure, but I've had some help. Now, if only I could get that pesky JOB outta the way so I can spend some more time in the shop... it seems to take me forever to do anything. And while I drove it to dinner the night I unloaded it from the trailer, I can't leave anything alone... And I have a positive GENIUS for taking a good running vehicle and rendering it inoperable.

So... without further ado... here's the beef.

also, I don't know why my photos are showing up sideways.

IMG_3100 4 copy.jpg

tempImageq1rvLw.png

tempImageSDhDfI.png

tempImagehfIEqH.png

tempImageVzxBCg.png

Great looking car. You're doing stuff in the right order, suspension and brakes first!

Sorry yall! I had two straight weeks of work, but I’m back on it tomorrow. The next few days I hope to get the front end back on the ground and get the rear up to finish that out. I hope to have it back on the road this week!

alright. I got the front suspension put back together and all the brakes finished... I was going to rush and didn't bench bleed the master cylinder which was real dumb. Every time I want to do something fast, I have to do it again. Because I'm an idiot.
Got it registered and running down the road. The brakes are night and day with all new everything!
Going to have my racecar buddy help me do a real alignment, then it's onto the 59 other projects. Labor of love, right?
I had to take photos for my insurance lady- so I figured id share. everybody likes photos!

What's everyone's choice for sway bars? This is an LIGHT option base car with no bars.

tempImagevIiPXO.png

tempImageQwBiJs.png

tempImageaSvzt9.png

Onto the next headache.
No instrumentation was working and the speedo (the only mechanical gauge, was bouncing around (loosely threaded in).

Amazing what a little soap and water will do.
All new bulbs, new cluster reg, and my teeny emory board on every connector.
Also on the agenda today- clean up the rust and corrosion on the fuse box. (I’m getting 12.3 going in and 10.6 coming out)

And nobody has a suggestion on sway bars?

IMG_3758.jpeg

IMG_3760.jpeg

Poking along. A lot of little loose ends tied up this week. Drove to work a few times.

Seems like very time I check something off the list, I add three more things!

IMG_3765.jpeg

IMG_3786.jpeg

I chose the Summit front sway bar. Near as I can tell it is the Hellwig bar repackaged for about $100.00 less. I was very happy with the way it went in. I did have to space the bracket that attaches from the k-frame to the rad support down a bit to clear the bar.

IMG_20220730_162343170.jpg

Last edited:
Bar mounts to bottom shock stud?

I used the stock mount locations, since I replaced the factory bar, but yes it did come with brackets and longer bolts to use the lower shock mount.

car looks great in the pics !!! to shiny to be a sleeper ….

it looked like someone had painted over some old paint issues, so the task for The Weekend was get it stripped and painty the roof. I have primer on it, thankfully I didn't discover a bunch of filler. Just some surface rust that caused the crusty part, and got painted over. Looked like 7 coats of paint when I got to strippin!

tempImagecNoEoV.png

tempImagesuWN2C.png

Smart thinking to scrub it all off before putting on fresh. I also dig the 3 on the tree. The ultimate millennial anti theft device.

Much better! Still have yet to cut and buff it- but with single stage (the best look for black, IMO) it needs a bit to cure before cutting.
I have been enjoying the crap outta this thing! I’m hoping to do a little cleaning up this weekend, I’ll keep yall posted.

IMG_3856.jpeg

IMG_3855.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back