• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Shower grab bars......

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:36 AM
Reaction score
Weeeeell, gonna attach at least one in my shower because I think I need one. Anyone else?? There's plenty of things to grab onto out in the shop when needed and there's been a time or two that they were handy. One for instance are the 'handles' on my Miller welding machine lol. Dayam, sucks getting old!! And especially after having a beer or so..... :lol:

Just make sure you get a solid fixing behind the wall if you screw a handle on......you don't want to grab the safety handle only for it to pull off the wall when you need it most.

Just make sure you get a solid fixing behind the wall if you screw a handle on......you don't want to grab the safety handle only for it to pull off the wall when you need it most.
Well, what I'm getting is something that is bonded to the shower wall and is approve by.....kain't remember but is supposed to be pretty dang good so we'll see. Has great ratings too. I'm not an invalid.....yet.....but don't want to be anytime soon and need something to steady myself.....especially after 'having a few' :D

Ir you a bar to steady yourself there vacuum cupped ones. They're pretty strong and take a pretty good yank io pull off. They need a flat surface though, cups 3"dia. Saved a couple slips. Mine are a couple inches longer.
Amazon product ASIN B09GXZBJKF

Ir you a bar to steady yourself there vacuum cupped ones. They're pretty strong and take a pretty good yank io pull off. They need a flat surface though, cups 3"dia. Saved a couple slips. Mine are a couple inches longer.
Amazon product ASIN B09GXZBJKF
I looked at those and from my experience with suctions cups, they have a tendency to let loose at the most improportune times.

Too bad this thread is in the general discussion forum.
:lol:

db220ee9bec79cf04c684232ded010617b7f588ae30624ebf808779f9018edbd.jpg

Be careful in there.
:rofl:

I installed the suction cup ones for my mother, and they held her weight when she lifted herself off the stool in the shower. If you use them, make sure the surface is super clean, and keep an eye on the indicators, if they start shifting to red, reset it.

I should add, our showers were all fiberglass one piece unit installed as house was built, so nothing to anchor a solid metal one too.

Last edited:
Cranky, Please, please make sure you get ADA compliant/rated bars, there are cheap ones out there and are not of the best made materials.
Mount a comfortable height vertical inside enclosure for entry and exit, and a horizontal deeper in the shower
JMHO
Been in the plumbing business for 50 years

Weeeeell, gonna attach at least one in my shower because I think I need one. Anyone else?? There's plenty of things to grab onto out in the shop when needed and there's been a time or two that they were handy. One for instance are the 'handles' on my Miller welding machine lol. Dayam, sucks getting old!! And especially after having a beer or so..... :lol:

fPr81X-vDmsrJlEcUek4fTul08-8xfb6uGDE05DJ8P1WtzdPFz.png

Cranky, Please, please make sure you get ADA compliant/rated bars, there are cheap ones out there and are not of the best made materials.
Mount a comfortable height vertical inside enclosure for entry and exit, and a horizontal deeper in the shower
JMHO
Been in the plumbing business for 50 years
Yup....they are ADA come to think about it....just have to mount where it's good.

That was the 1st thing my wife had done after coming home from the rehab. They were a godsend and after almost 3 years I have yet to fall.

JMHO
Been showing my plumber crack for 50 years

Fixed that for ya.

I put two of these in my shower enclosure. Putting this one just outside shower entrance.

6E476BB8-7F3B-4143-BD56-FADF159E9190.jpeg

Shower bar....hhhmmmm. sounds like what my wife and her neighbor girly friend talk about sometimes!

Screw them through the wall and into studs if possible. If not, Moen makes an anchor kit that works pretty well with their bars. I would NEVER trust a suction cup or glued on bar!

Believe it or not but reinvented the suction cup handles. My client was a company called Mommy's Helper Inc. Basically I took the cheapo suction cup glass handlers and made them into something that looked at home inside a person's home. I did the ones you see everywhere. They show the brand name of MHI so it doesn't look like a baby product. I designed a variant of it with a built-in metal substrate with pre-drilled holes. I'm not sure if they ever produced that one. The suction cup ones work well but always give them a test pull first. Yes they are sold as a "Martial Aide" too. There's a photo but I can't show it here.

There's a whole selection of them on Amazon.
safer.jpg

Amazon product ASIN B0887SZR1S

I did this little bracket to keep furniture from tipping over. That's my son in the picture. He's 30 years old now.
safetybrackets.jpg

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back