• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So if I hit my wife is it okay?

SteveSS

Local time
8:28 AM
Reaction score
She said something that "hit a nerve" and I slapped her in front of a bunch of people at work but she didn't want to press charges, can we just ignore the whole thing? BTW She's a black woman and I'm a white man. Does that matter at all? I said I was sorry but it really made me mad and I was emotional. Are we all okay now? Just wondering? I did cry a little bit afterward.

She said something that "hit a nerve" and I slapped her in front of a bunch of people at work but she didn't want to press charges, can we just ignore the whole thing? BTW She's a black woman and I'm a white man. Does that matter at all? I said I was sorry but it really made me mad and I was emotional. Are we all okay now? Just wondering? I did cry a little bit afterward.
Really none of our business here. Family
matters should be kept private (not broadcast
on a public forum). Secondly, hit nerve, or not,
physical abuse with one's spouse should be
avoided at all cost.
46 years married, and not one slap traded.
Not saying she hasn't made me angry at times.
Maybe I'm more tolerant than most.
All this said, of course, is just my humble
opinion.

Last edited:
Okay, this is a satire of today's headlines. Look a little deeper. Who wasn't charged? Did you watch the Oscars? Can I get away with assault if I'm famous? Will Smith assaulted Chris Rock in front of millions of people. Rock will not press charges. Will the state press charges? Probably not because he is famous. Would they press charges against you if you smacked your wife at a work party? You bet your ***! Would they press charges if a white celebrity smacked a black clebrity? You bet your ***!

Smith says:

"I reacted emotionally."

"The joke touched a nerve."

Last edited:
Okay, this is a satire of today's headlines. Look a little deeper. Who wasn't charged? Did you watch the Oscars? Can I get away with assault if I'm famous? Will Smith assaulted Chris Rock in front of millions of people. Rock will not press charges. Will the state press charges? Probably not because he is famous. Would they press charges against you if you smacked your wife at a work party? You bet your ***! Would they press charges if a white celebrity smacked a black clebrity? You bet your ***!

Smith says:

"I reacted emotionally."

I've not seen or read anything about this
Oscar thing with Cris Rock. Had to look
it up. I'll admit it caught me off guard.
/s denotes sarcasm.

I’m calling BS on the whole thing…I have watched that “slap” several times and feel it was done to improve ratings and nothing else….just acting. The Oscars ratings have tanked and as stated last night has become nothing more than a group of actors patting themselves on the back. I saw more of the “Oscars” on TV last night than I have ever watched in my life, it’s all Bull ****!

People are saying Will Smith's emotions after he sat down looked genuine, but then he is an actor after all...it wouldn't be a good reflection of his acting abilities if it appeared fake.
The slap itself looked very fake to me however, like Chris Rock knew it was coming and rode it. Normally a slap like that, the guy being hit doesn't move and gets a big red mark on his cheek.
If it was real, he should have gone on stage and asked Chris Rock to apologise to his wife. It would have been the more manly thing to do in that situation, instead of the slap and all the swearing and yelling.

All this time I thought it was a slapping Contest.
97E85BE7-FCC9-408F-BDC9-054D741DF3B2.gif

Pix or it didnt happen lol.

Okay, this is a satire of today's headlines.

Young celebrity girls go commando for the photographers and no one gets too worried about it, except the press..... Maybe all this entertainment is also for the press?? No charges required..... civil case, time will tell lol.

The whole thing is bullshit! He laughed at first and then realized his wife wasn't. His wife is a real piece of work, a real racist. They both didn't attend a few years ago because not enough blacks represented. None of this would have worked had it not been for them both being black. Where blacks go, trouble follows. I don't watch any of those show that promote no value added people. It's been on the news more than I think it needs to be. I don't feel bad for anyone that can't spell his own name and makes 20 million for a movie. In a few years all these actors will be digitally made, perfectly made without the attitude and trouble. A red mark on a black mans face, have you ever seen a black man with a sunburn, I have, you can't see it from 5 feet away. One more time, thank the lord they were both black!

Just another day in la la land. The privileged acting privileged. Could really care less. 440'

The whole thing looked staged to me. After all, they are actors! Only saw the clip, didn't watch the Qscars! Never have! ruffcut

Smith says:

"I reacted emotionally."

Pay Attention to what Steve brought up. Think of the 'Type's' of people watching this Event.
They See It, and because of the Stage on which it is set, some "Idolize" it, and believe "this is the New Normal" ?
No Real Punishment, No Sanctioning.
Now, Put this Scenario out in the Real, Everyday World. All of a sudden, people are being Assaulted, for Minor, Meaningless Altercations.
The Result is another "log on the fire", to stoke more Confrontation, into Everyday Life, whether Racially, Gender, Politically, etc, Motivated.
This Type of Staged Event, is another Psy-Op, used by Those wishing to Cause Division, in Our Society.
More Smoke & Mirrors...

Pay Attention to what Steve brought up. Think of the 'Type's' of people watching this Event.
They See It, and because of the Stage on which it is set, some "Idolize" it, and believe "this is the New Normal" ?
No Real Punishment, No Sanctioning.
Now, Put this Scenario out in the Real, Everyday World. All of a sudden, people are being Assaulted, for Minor, Meaningless Altercations.
The Result is another "log on the fire", to stoke more Confrontation, into Everyday Life, whether Racially, Gender, Politically, etc, Motivated.
This Type of Staged Event, is another Psy-Op, used by Those wishing to Cause Division, in Our Society.
More Smoke & Mirrors...
I think you're reading into this act of stupidity to deeply. Drag it into the political forum and beat it to death.

Auto Transport Service
Back