• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

E1A2C7FA-211F-463A-8CE7-BB7E8B39E93F.jpeg
D2933AC9-21A4-44B0-B0B9-F0E8147C76A3.jpeg
FB57CC77-7A77-47EB-B8AC-1F242DDEBC6C.jpeg
D22FEA13-EA50-4CFF-8CAB-787A4D4117D3.jpeg
CBD62D3A-5A73-454C-BA86-EC30D5D0258E.jpeg
Put it upstairs at the shop to examine for a tranny drip and inspect fuel lines. Found a leak where the speedo cable is crimped, trans is dry. Fuel looks ok. Dana has a leak at the fore pinion seal. This is the 4200 mile Hellcat with the blown motor. 6 speed.

Recently had the driveshaft out to shorten it a smdgeon when installing new trans. South Bay Driveline. Morale? Dont disturb anything. Got some good advice recently from a member. Won’t name him, but ends in ccm. If it ain’t broke, leave it alone.

Tracked my latest purchase from RockAuto....seems that the Sure-Grip unit spent most of it's life in Kentucky, so far it has enjoyed the last 3 days on the beach in Honolulu. :rolleyes:

Signed for my new SureGrip unit.....and found another fridge magnet. :D
I have a 1970 vintage set of 3.23 gears for my spare 489.....should lower the cruising RPM on the Wagon....while still being able to paint the road with black stripes.

20190204_111231.jpg 20190204_111100.jpg 20190204_110620.jpg 20190204_110648.jpg 20190203_183804.jpg 20190203_183455.jpg

sold my 09 charger. .... spent 1400 bucks of what i got for it on my ram ...... went and looked at a savoy.

got my 66 more door up and running,new carb and then worked on the brakes.
put some old lincoln wheels i had laying around on it,got it off the ground a little.
got it to the running and driving around stage.
drove it up and down the road rather gently,brakes grabbing and carb not tuned in yet.
( this chinese repop has a dead spot from h3ll )
next up is interior plans and brake redo.

trying to decide which direction to go,small block or big block.
the poly 318 runs well,and the trans is good,but..
unless i had something like a triple deuce intake for the poly,im just not feeling it....
is that being foolish?

got my 66 more door up and running,new carb and then worked on the brakes.
put some old lincoln wheels i had laying around on it,got it off the ground a little.
got it to the running and driving around stage.
drove it up and down the road rather gently,brakes grabbing and carb not tuned in yet.
( this chinese repop has a dead spot from h3ll )
next up is interior plans and brake redo.

trying to decide which direction to go,small block or big block.
the poly 318 runs well,and the trans is good,but..
unless i had something like a triple deuce intake for the poly,im just not feeling it....
is that being foolish?
413 ????

i thought about a 413,i have a non running one in a crown coupe.
also have a 383 thats a non runner too.

heres the car,its a nice day out today,cold but sunny and getting things done.

IMG_0066.jpg

I'm jelous of everyone driving and fixing their rides . In a transition and getting the house ready to sell and looking to purchase so busy .

Yesterday. Marked, separated & inspected the leaf springs. Cleaned them with a wire cup & purple scotch-brite. No paint ID markings were noted. They appear to have been dipped after assembly, not natural, as black runs were noted within the compressed leaf portions......Jim

Finished the install of the new brake booster. Lengthened the brake pedal link bar by .375 (it's now slightly lower than the clutch, yeah!!). Pressure bled the all four corners. Mounted the front tires on the new matching chrome rally wheels. Gave the car a hug and turned out the lights in the shop.........

Finally out of house reno hell, so thought I'd at least visit the "Church of the Seventh Day Aviationist". IE my workshop.

I've left my Bee's tail panel under the furnace heat outlet for 4 weeks now to "bake" the paint, so I decided to give it another good MAAS polish before I screw it onto the car this week when I get her back.
beerestoration2019 683.JPG
beerestoration2019 676.JPG
beerestoration2019 682.JPG

Your car?
No. Horror story. Ran out of oil. Owners with big wallet not car guy. Improper break in.
Out of warranty due to no proof of service to local dealer from hell. Normandin, San Jose.
A quart or 2 of factory fill left in car. White Knuckle color with optional black hood.

I drove it!! Not many chances in Feb here in Ohio but it was to nice out not to. Made a run to Lowes, visited my grandpa in the hospital, got a bite to eat at Chipotle then added fresh fuel.

Unseasonably warm Feb for us. Supposed to be 82 today!

@747mopar , is that a ford style shaker scoop?

I'm jelous of everyone driving and fixing their rides . In a transition and getting the house ready to sell and looking to purchase so busy .
hang in there .... first things first. in the end it will be worth the wait.

Auto Transport Service
Back