• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Thanks and it looks GREAT!
Yellow and Black combo as my absolute favorite goes back 50 years to me at 9 years old seeing a yellow and black Schwinn Super Sport 10 speed bicycle under the Christmas tree!
I've had/have quite a lot of yellow and black "transportation vehicles", beyond that bicycle, my 71 Charger R/T back in 78-79, 2006 Route 66 PT Cruiser, 2005 H2 Hummer, my fishing boat, my 2011 Harley-Davidson V-Rod, my 70 Roadrunner...
I'm saying that because while I like that combo, the practical exception for me would be a convertible.
Main reason is the South Louisiana heat and humidity makes a sun baked black interior of a top down convertible uncomfortable at best, and a trip to the burn unit at worst.
I'd say the tipping point of "convertible color combo concession" came to me when I saw a gorgeous 69 R/T Coronet in B5 Blue with a white top, stripes, and interior on an October blue skies day at Cruisin the Coast. It was stunning and practical in that I'm sure it was much cooler temperature-wise than a yellow and black interior car would have been.
I'd also consider Inviolet/Plum Crazy and white to be a top convertible combo, and all of those are taking practicality into consideration.
:thumbsup:
Convertible color combo concession rant over. Lol...
Thanks brother !
The interior for mine is Pearl White with black carpet, probably a little cooler than the all black interior, factory colors all around according to my fender tag.

32 degrees here and no heated garage. Absolutely nothing.
Yeah, when I finally insulated and heated my garage it was a game changer. Now I can get my hands greasy all year long!

Only down side is I have a big electrical heater. Electric heat, at least here, is expensive. But I don't have propane or natural gas readily available, and I also don't have the space to put anything on the floor, so coal or wood fired heaters are out of the question.

Yeah, when I finally insulated and heated my garage it was a game changer. Now I can get my hands greasy all year long!

Only down side is I have a big electrical heater. Electric heat, at least here, is expensive. But I don't have propane or natural gas readily available, and I also don't have the space to put anything on the floor, so coal or wood fired heaters are out of the question.

Why not get a propane heater & a big tank? Most propane companies will provide a tank for free if you sign a contract with them. If you can't get propane delivered, just get a couple 100 lb. tanks & bring them to a propane filling station yourself.

Why not get a propane heater & a big tank? Most propane companies will provide a tank for free if you sign a contract with them. If you can't get propane delivered, just get a couple 100 lb. tanks & bring them to a propane filling station yourself.
I've been thinking about doing just that. While I'd rather not have a big tank sitting outside the house I may have to consider doing so since electric heat is so expensive. I haven't yet calculated what the return on investment is, but the heater is around $500. So I bet I could buy and install a decent system for around $1000 - $1500. It might only take a year or two to pay for itself. I just have enough other projects at the moment.

For now, I use the electric heat and just swear softly when the electric bill comes in...

My first car was sunfire yellow with black gut and top and imo, it looked pretty decent for being a mordoor. I also liked the combo because it was the only 66 Belevedere around in that color combo....but my uncle who lived 1 street over bought the same thing only as a Coronet. Oddly enough, I never saw it out on the road anywhere.

I just saw a couple of "umbrella" heaters that run on the tanks you can get for $20 nearly everywhere.

I considered them for myself for our few weeks of 30-40 degree weather.

I've been thinking about doing just that. While I'd rather not have a big tank sitting outside the house I may have to consider doing so since electric heat is so expensive. I haven't yet calculated what the return on investment is, but the heater is around $500. So I bet I could buy and install a decent system for around $1000 - $1500. It might only take a year or two to pay for itself. I just have enough other projects at the moment.

For now, I use the electric heat and just swear softly when the electric bill comes in...
I have a small tank mounted heater that fits those 20 lbs bottles. On the really cold days (kinda rare here) it at least takes the bite out. I also use a small electric heater in my build room which is 12x16. I have access to nat gas but having that service hooked up isn't cost effective and they don't do the 'seasonal customer' stuff anymore.

A wall mounted propane ‘fireplace’ VENTED outside with two travel trailer tanks outside on a pad. Real thin and doesn’t take up much room, the vented types are temp adjustable. The propane stores like Southern States have many variations of heaters to pick from that could fit your place.

A wall mounted propane ‘fireplace’ VENTED outside with two travel trailer tanks outside on a pad. Real thin and doesn’t take up much room, the vented types are temp adjustable. The propane stores like Southern States have many variations of heaters to pick from that could fit your place.
What I like about the portable jobs is that I can take it where I'm working. My shop is 1500 sq ft and well, it wasn't cheap to heat even with the nat gas. An open ceiling isn't conducive to efficient heating either....

Getting out of the flintstone era...

IMG_4780.jpg
IMG_4781.jpg

Back on the railroad, if we needed to heat up the inside of a frozen boxcar (to paint it, for example) we'd fire up one of these kerosene heaters. Amazingly fast, practically odorless and would burn kerosene, diesel or heating oil.
https://www.sealey.co.uk/product/56...err-paraffinkerosenediesel-heater-with-wheels

They also make propane versions.
You ever get headaches when when heat them up and work inside? If you do it's a sign of carbon monoxide poisoning.

I'm aware of CO poisoning, the manual does specify a certain amount of ventilation. We had no issues on the railroad.

Changed the oil in the GTX. Wix 51515 filter and 6 quarts of Driven HR 10w30

Auto Transport Service
Back